New Contest

Misty

Re: New Contest

Post by Misty »

First idea:

Privia

(Translate to First travelled and comes from the combination of Primei (First) and Viajai (Travel) from the Zachre language) - The idea came from reading up on the religion of the mages, that the countinent was named from being the place Mucaz first arrived in the world of Secfenia when it was still an inferno and later inviteted the other mages to join him in building the world together.

Well thought out, love the name.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

My first suggestion is Zachrire, inspired by the language Zachre and the concept of language names being similar to their land.
(I did doubt about zachrina, but I think Zachrire sounds better)
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Entries have been submitted. A new poll will be created IG for these entries:

Pandora (Duke_of_earl)
Xanea (Lavinia)
Areon (Lavinia)
Peltas (Lavinia)
Privia (Argenth)
Vizia (Argenth)
Balatai (Argenth)
Zachrire (Elisa)
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Poll is now up on the main page for all to vote. Please note that the poll is slated to close at reset on 7/23
marleen

Post by marleen »

My vote for: Secfenia

I was never confused. I liked it. I don't think the continent name makes the game smaller. And I enjoy an authors vision as is.

Essentially this option is for not changing.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Agreed there should be a no change option in the poll :D
Mateo_Umia

Post by Mateo_Umia »

I am torn I have been debating this subject in my head for 2 days now and having difficulty choosing my vote.

On one hand, I agree I didn't have a problem calling it the land of Secfenia on the other there are some very good suggestions that have been nominated. Two, in particular, are really drawing me in.
Mateo "Lifesaver" Umia
Finance Minister, Republic of Bravia
Mayor and Mentor of Paz

ImageImage
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

I think it adds some realism to the world to have a continent specific name. It’s my personal opinion, but considering all (official) references have called the world Secfenia and not the continent. (Such as the top of the forum.)

There’s nothing to say that the continent doesn’t have various names depending on the individual and region.

For years, the common language was just called common tongue. It wasn’t until a few years ago it was named Luciva. Most people still refer to it as common tongue/language, but it does have a name, which has been used in official documents and in various RPs.

It’s a similar situation with the continent.

I look forward to enhancing my RP and world history with a continent specific name. :)
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

And as a reminder, there is no requirement that players change calling it mainland or Secfenia :)
Mateo_Umia

Post by Mateo_Umia »

Yep, I made my selection. While I didn't have a problem with calling it Secfenia I'm looking forward to it having a unique name. I have to agree with Aishe I think it will indeed add some new depth.

Bottom line as Ztastic mentioned we'll now have choices which certainly isn't a bad thing.
Mateo "Lifesaver" Umia
Finance Minister, Republic of Bravia
Mayor and Mentor of Paz

ImageImage