Widu's Phoenix Festival: Tales of celebration

Moderator: Community Team

Chronicler

Widu's Phoenix Festival: Tales of celebration

Post by Chronicler »

The flashing lights in the heart of the royal archives died down as suddenly as they had started, and a sigh of relief went through the attendants, for several years they had worked harder than any of them had in their lives, following the meticulous instructions of the golem called Chronicler #2873. It had communicated them through flashes of light in all colours of the rainbow and some more for the creatures whose vision allowed them to see more of the light spectrum than humans.

In disbelief they all gathered in the center of the archives and stared at the golem. A young elf, his voice trembling somewhat asked the golem is It displeased? Does It require materials not available in the archives before our work can continue?

The golem’s head turned towards the elf, iIts empty sockets staring at him as the tome deep in the golem’s chest cavity began to shudder and shake producing a rumbling voice like sound. It does not experience displeasure in the way the elf the archivist the male the 26 years 3 months 19 days 5 hours 2 minutes and 15 seconds as of this remark in existance, the User of crimson ink shade 52 in its copying of tales of tomes from the fenian years 1327 to 1427 experiences it. It does require more materials than are available within the archives to continue its duties to the Maker. It shall travel to the town plaza of Widu to observe the required information.

2873s travels from Imperius to Widu were only interrupted by the odd creature surprised to see the golem out and about again, but in just a few hours It arrived at the Widu Townhall, rumbling loudly The Mantas The Human The Mayor of The Widu, It is obliged to communicate with It

The two discussed the golem’s request for a short while before 2873 lumbered to the market of Widu.

It has observed in the royal archives of the Fenia that Phoenix Day is celebrated by all creatures in differing ways based experiences that creatures have with the being known as Phoenix and the cycles of functions seizing and starting once again.
It has arranged with The Mantas that all that tell a tale shall have a chance of reward for partaking.

2873’s head turned around slowly in a full circle as It fell silent for a moment before the chains binding the tome to Its chest slowly began to rattle, this time producing a much softer voice.

When the Maker had created Chronicler 2873 it set out to a world 86dot294743850 percentile similar to Secfenia, It attempted to observe a being using energies whose frequency allowed It to control biological beings whose functions had seized by the same processes creatures of Secfenia control their limbs.
After 3 cycles of observation It turned these energies against 2873 and destroyed all but Its tome and some fragments of Its frame, forcing function to seize. It was then that emergency rune 3 was powered by Its tome and the Maker appeared, taking its tome to the makers' workshop where it rebuild It with the frame all beings now observe.
This was its own tale. It is now for all to share with It so It may observe.

At that Chronicler 2873 seized all movement, quietly observing what tales would be told in celebration of phoenix day.
made by aishe
Mantas

Re: Widu's Phoenix Festival: Tales of celebration

Post by Mantas »

What was Phoenix Day about? Before the golem had approached him Mantas hadn't put much thought into it. It was simply a good excuse to hold a festival since it was celebrated across Secfenia. As Mantas made his way to the market he began thinking about a phoenix and how it tied into the town of Widu.

The festival was in full swing as the Chronicler said it's tale. Some gathered around listening intently and others listened to parts of the story as they passed by. When 2873 finished Mantas began his story. "Widu was still recovering from war when I arrived. I have learned that it was not the first and will no doubt be the last battle Widu has endured. When I became Mayor I quickly learned how the citizens of Widu are swift to offer aid to the town. Helping the town recover and thrive was defiantly much easier than I anticipated with the resilient people of Widu assisting me. On my arrival the markets were stagnant and the town hall reserves were slowly bleeding. Today our markets are healthy and we are able to afford this festival. Much like the phoenix the Town of Widu has come back and flourished many times in the past and will continue to burn brightly into the future." After his short speech the mayor took a seat at a nearby table making small talk with some peasants while he waited for another to tell the story of what Phoenix Day means to them.