Widu's Phoenix Festival: Fortune Telling

Moderator: Community Team

Bridget

Widu's Phoenix Festival: Fortune Telling

Post by Bridget »

Bridget arrived bright and early in the town square yet it was already bustling with activity. Vendors were preparing tables with wares of all sorts, from a vast array of fresh produce, meats, fresh cut flowers, and baked goods, to another area for local smiths and weapon masters, carpenters, and masons. She prayed that Fenians and those beyond her borders would hear word of what she hoped would be Widu's first of many Phoenix Festivals.

As she made her way over to the activities area, she was pleased to see her pages had done exactly as she'd requested. Her booth was tucked away to the side a bit - not totally hidden away, but secluded enough to afford some privacy to her guests. It was brightly coloured, lavishly draped with fine silks of red, orange, blue, and yellow. It had a large canopy overhead, to provide shade from the summer sun and any sudden rain shower.

Before Bridget found herself in Widu, she had spent several years traveling through Secfenia with various caravans. During that time, she'd learned a thing or two about reading those around her. She wasn't perfect... but this was all in good fun - and she wouldn't be taking money from anyone anyway.

All that was left for Bridget to do was to post the wooden a-frame sign she'd painted last night. She set it out next to her booth where passers-by were sure to see the large, vibrant text which read:
"FORTUNE TELLING: Don't let the future surprise you!"

Bridget sat down on one side of the table and awaited her first guest.

(( ooc: please note that tpbBridget is away this coming weekend and will likely be unable to post in this thread until Monday the 22nd ))
Thank you, Aishe!
Lukoki

Re: Widu's Phoenix Festival: Fortune Telling

Post by Lukoki »

Lukoki had been on the roads so long she wasn't sure she would make it in time for the festival but luck had been on her side. She was dusty and tired but she was sooo hoping to find the Fortune Telling stand. The town square was alive with people and wonderful aromas of all the food making her belly grumble with anticipation. However she wanted more than anything to find the lovely lady everyone had mumbled about on the roads named Bridget. She was the only person that mattered to Lukoki and she needed to find her booth. The various vendors all beckoned to her but she wouldn't be tempted until after she had found the one she sought out most of all. Taking in all of the sights was fine but she had a heartfelt need to keep looking.

Out of the corner of her eye Luko seen beautiful colours of red, orange, yellow and blue silks gently blowing with the breeze that had just kicked up. It was almost like a hint kissing her cheek to lead her in the right direction. The canopy provided just the right amount of cover and it was tucked right in the back ......oh it was alluring......drawing her right in. She felt the pull......her heart wanted her to go soo bad and she needed to! Without the least bit of hesitation, and a genuine smile on her face Lukoki headed straight to the booth. Hopefully the booth was open at this time since it was very early in the morning. If not she figured she could wait, and maybe even eat the last scraps of bread she had left in her satchel that she had purchased in Widu.

As she approached the booth Luko noticed the silk was the finest she had seen in a very long time. The urge to touch it was overwhelming. Looking down at her hands she decided not to though. The roads had not been kind apparently, and the accumulation of dirt was not going to transfer onto that glorious silk. She would never disrespect the lady Bridget in that regard. Using her elbow to part the silk she peeked inside to see if anyone was around.
Fallon

Post by Fallon »

Fallon and Grace wandered through the festival goers, pausing at various attractions almost as an afterthought as they moved on to attend to Ashton business.

As they passed the brightly coloured tent with it's ''Fortune Telling...'' sign he muttered to no-one in particular ''Last time I stuck my head inside one of those the teller just laughed at me.

Grace fixed him with her good eye ''and you wonder why I am so happy working for you?''

''Ouch! woman. Tongue sharper than any snakes bite, more venomous too!'' Grace glared in almost mock anger ''If you want your animals looked after and those buzzards stopped from their looting, I will ask you to refrain from such comment, LORD Fallon'' she emphasised.

''Of course I would, invaluable Gracesnake''. He smiled placatingly at her expression,''Your management of the estate is second to none and it is not unnoticed. '' was the serious part of his response.

''Indeed!'' she quickly replied, ''no other bugger would work for you!''.

Fallon paused, grinned at the bright facade of the pitched tented area and wondered if.......He thought better and turned to carry on his walk with Grace.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget was sitting back, quietly observing creatures of all sorts browsing the stalls. She always enjoyed just watching other's go about their day - there was a calm quiet just letting one's mind wander.

A figure hurriedly approaching caught her eye. She seemed on a mission to get to her destination, barely glancing at the vendors as she rushed toward Bridget's stall. As the silk parted and the woman peeked her head through, Bridget smiled warmly and stood, reaching her hands out towards her first visitor.

"Welcome. Please sit!" With a glimmer of recognition, she gestured to the cushioned stool on the opposite side of the small table. She couldn't quite place this creature's name, but she definitely recalled seeing her in the market on occasion and possibly during Bridget's own travels through the kingdom.

As she waited for her guest to sit, she asked,
"Tell me, what brings you to me today? What answers are you searching?"
Thank you, Aishe!
Lukoki

Post by Lukoki »

Hearing the pleasant voice and the welcoming smile she had on her face Lukoki couldn't help but gravitate towards Bridget. Her aura was so calm and had as instructed....Lukoki proceeded over to the plush cushion and carefully sat down. She was so nervous not even sure what she wanted but she knew something inside her just wanted knowledge. Where was her life headed, would she find someone special for her, would she eventually have a family, friends, or was she destined to wander the roads forever alone? Oh her head was a whirl of questions but she had to narrow it down.......and not be a giant storm of emotions all at once.

Taking a deep breath she smiled and began to speak, hopefully clearly.....

"Good day miss, I hope it was okay to peek inside and not disturb but I was so curious about this lovely place you have here. I seen the lovely silk and your sign and I just couldn't resist. I am not even sure what drew me in more, but with so many questions whirling around in my head I guess I am just wondering what my future holds for me. I often wander the roads alone, seeking nothing more than to help others with things they have asked me to find for them. It is an empty and often lonely life, with not many friends or family to speak of. I guess what I am wondering......is this my destiny.......to continue on this lonely road for all time?"

Trying not to seem like a pitiful creature, Lukoki did her best to smile and keep any dark clouds of sadness from her eyes. However she was certain there was no hiding anything from this beautiful lady. She could most likely see the very depths of her soul and then some.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget watched the woman sit. She looked tense, uneasy, and Bridget could sense some nervousness in her voice as she spoke.

Hoping to ease her mind and calm her, Bridget reached out and clasped her guest's hands in hers. She smiled warmly as she listened to her speak. The woman spoke of loneliness, a feeling Bridget herself was once so acquainted with. She felt a tinge of longing as she thought of the one she had lost but she quickly pushed the heaviness away and refocused on the woman in front of her.

She took a breath and began speaking slowly and quietly,
"I can see you're struggling," Bridget could feel the anxiety and see the sadness in the woman's eye and gave her hands a squeeze while she studied her face for a few minutes. She may not be a true "psychic", but she was quite adept at reading energies and seeing the true character of a creature, beyond what they may attempt to show the world. She continued, "You seem to have lost your way at the moment, my friend. I see kindness and thoughtfulness in your heart - almost a selflessness - but in all this time that you've been trying to take care of others, what have you done for yourself?" The question was rhetorical, of course. "You are in control of your destiny and your future. I think you've forgotten that during your travels. You are worthy of love and friendship, and there are creatures around you who are feeling as you are today. It will require a bit of energy and a bit of risk to put yourself out there and open yourself up again to new experiences and new friendships, but I believe you can and you will find your way."

Bridget let go of her hands and watched for the woman's reaction to her words. At that moment, the woman's name came to her - not due to any psychic ability, only because she had lived in this kingdom for so many years.

"Your past is not your future, Lukoki." Bridget smiled again and tilted her head, hoping she provided at least a bit of comfort. "I hope you'll look me up whenever you visit Widu again."
Thank you, Aishe!
Lukoki

Post by Lukoki »

Lukoki felt so much softness and caring just in the tone of the lovely lady's voice. She was so friendly and the depth of compassion that was in her eyes was such a comfort. Just to hear the words made her feel so much better. The world was a big place full of so many kind and caring people. She knew the roads she had traveled could be long and lonely however each town she stopped in she met someone! The choice was always hers to interact with others and she did make one friend in Bravia and they stayed in touch each time she stopped! So when Bridget extended the offer she couldn't contain the huge smile that came across her face.

"Oh you're words are the most comforting, and have offered me the peace of mind I was seeking! I can't thank you enough sweet lady! I thank you for the offer and I will certainly let you know when I am in Widu again! The festival has been so much fun and I have enjoyed it very much already. Your booth reflects only a fraction of the energy you seem to put forth in everything you do it seems. The billowing silk full of colour is a true example of the person I see you put out to a complete stranger.......as you have for me. For that I thank you so very much. That kindness is indeed a rare and unique gift! Again thank you so very much for putting my mind at ease!"

With that Lukoki slowly stood up and reached inside her satchel looking for adequate payment for the reading. There wasn't enough money within the clouds to offer for kindness or the depth of relief she felt in her heart right now. She just knew she had to repay Bridget for her time and show her appreciation!