The Wedding of Zuan and Ella

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Ella

Re: The Wedding of Zuan and Ella

Post by Ella »

As Ella stood to greet Nikola, the silver dress with all of its beading and jewels and embroidery shimmered in the light coming from the nearby fireplace, causing little flecks of light to dance across the room. It was heavier than she had expected when she had initially put it on. She wasn't sure why she was surprised though. Of course, the dress would be weighty — there were several tons of beads and jewels throughout the bodice, the skirt, and even the sleeves. Not even the veil had been spared from the decorative embellishments. Maybe the real weight she was feeling was the anticipation for the next step of her life.

"Nikola," she greeted her friend as she entered the room. It was no surprise that Nikola immediately began fussing over her. "I very much doubt I'll faint," she tried to brush off the worries, however, she did accept the tea. She took a sip of the minty drink, hoping that it would help calm her nerves.

"I'm afraid we don't have much time to dawdle about," Ella responded, "Well, I guess we could. I doubt anyone would yell at me for making my own wedding late...but it would look rather bad, wouldn't it?" She let out a breathy, almost nervous laugh before finishing off the last of her tea in one big gulp. "Would you like to walk with me downstairs?"

((ooc: if you still haven't arrived and still want to, please do not hesitate to jump in with a post at any point.))
❋ Duchess of North Fenshire ❋ Wife of Zuan ❋ Finance Minister of Fenia ❋ Mayor of Fenia City ❋
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

“Absolutely!” Nikola answered without hesitation, taking the teacup from Ella and placing it on a tabletop for the servants to retrieve later. She got to the door first, cracked it open enough to peek out into the hallway then looked back at Ella with a grin. “The way looks clear! Are you sure you don’t want to run away instead of heading down to the ceremony?” she teased, hoping that a little humor might settle Ella’s nerves, if only a little. Opening the door for Ella she stepped to the side to allow her to exit fully before closing the door behind them both, then moved to Ella’s side to walk with her down the hall.

“You really are radiant,” she commented quietly as they approached the stairs. “Last chance!” she grinned and the reached for Ella’s hand to give it a squeeze. Ella glided gracefully down the stairs, Nikola a step ahead of her, prepared to catch her should she misstep and start to tumble, but there were no missteps and they both reached the bottom of the stairs without incident. Nikola smiled encouragingly as they glided down another hall toward the chapel. Just outside the chapel doors they halted, and she gave her friend a gentle hug, then straightened the veil and kissed Ella’s cheek. “I’ll see you on the other side,” she promised and took her leave, nodding to Zuan and Duke to indicate that the bride was ready before she retook her seat at Raef’s side. She gave him a bright smile and squeezed his arm gently as she settled in to wait for the ceremony to begin.
Lavinia

Post by Lavinia »

She decided to ignore her grandpa's curiosity about the taste of royal blood by a simple look at Eldridge and a shake of her head. To be fair, it was only natural he’d feel curious about it, being a vampire. Lavinia often wondered what it was like to be one but could never muster enough courage to ask Eldridge about it. Someday, she would tell herself.

As they approached the Castle, Lavinia couldn't help but chuckle hearing Eldridge calling her his little sunshine. "Oh grandpa, you finally decided on my nickname," she said in an approving tone and with an amused look clearly displayed on her face. His next words were followed by her nodding in agreement. "Yes, this will be a day to remember. It’s not every day that a King becomes one of us," she added with another light chuckle. "The joining of two powerful Fenian Houses sounds like something rather memorable," Lavinia concluded as they entered the castle. Several servants appeared a moment later, explaining where the ceremony would be held. Grandpa and his great granddaughter, who was still holding onto his arm, made their way to the wedding hall. As they entered, Lavinia noted how elegant everything looked but her attention was soon caught by various members of their family. She decided to take the opportunity and explain to Eldridge who was who.

"That lady over there, in blue," Lavinia leaned in closer and whispered to grandpa, gesturing at the raven haired lady that was sitting in the back row. "That is Auntie Circe Blackwood, I’m sure you recognize her," she added quietly before smiling brightly and waving in Circe’s direction as they walked by. Lavinia wondered who the lady sitting next was but there would be more time for introductions later.

"And that lovely looking lady over there, with a cat," she whispered again and gestured. "That is cousin Sendile, another one of your great granddaughters," she added with a chuckle before waving in greeting to Sendile as they approached ever closer to the front row of seats. "We’ll introduce you two later, I promise."

Next important person, though not family, was Nikki. "And that beautifully dressed blonde lady," she gestured again, "that is Lady Nikola. She is not family but I like to consider her as one of us. She is a truly great and supportive friend to us all," Lavinia whispered to Eldridge before smiling brightly in greeting to Nikki. "The gentleman sitting next to her is Raef, I’ve only seen him a few times around the Castle back in Fenia but I hope in time to get to know him better."

The two of them passed by Vandica and her family next. "And that purple haired elf is my sister Vandica Ravenwood and her family, husband Drakon and daughter Stella." She had told Eldridge the story of how she found herself taken in and raised among the elves. Curiously, she glanced over at the little girl and winked at her before smiling at her sister and brother-in-law.

Finally, reaching the front row Lavinia was happy to see Rosalie already sitting there. "Greetings Rosalie," she said cheerfully. "It’s lovely to see you again, I hope you are well. Are you excited about the wedding?" The witch inquired and took her seat next to her cousin. Then she remembered as Eldridge kept standing and looking curiously at Rosalie. "Oh, forgive me. I’m so nervous and excited at the same time that I forgot my manners. Grandpa Eldridge, please allow me to introduce you to your great great granddaughter Rosalie Blackwood, Ella's wonderful daughter," she said and smiled brightly looking from one to the other. Several generations of Blackwoods under one roof. Another reason for the day to be remembered for many years to come.

Her attention was caught by the sound of footsteps coming from behind them. She turned around to see His Majesty making his way to the front of the hall.
"I suggest you take your seat grandpa, I think the ceremony will start soon," Lavinia said quietly and sat up straight.
Deacon of Fenia City | Blackwood Family | Lady of Ravencrest Manor | Artwork by Zehara
Oriana

Post by Oriana »

“How about there?” Zeph asked, pointing to the middle row of seats. His sister nodded and they walked over, took their seats and then spent a few moments silently glancing around the hall.

“I think I see Circe and Soka back there”, she leaned in and whispered to her twin, then pulled away and gestured. “We should probably greet them later, after the ceremony,” Oriana added.

“And we should introduce ourselves to other Blackwood cousins as well. I don’t think I’ve met anyone other than Rosalie and Ella,” Zeph said quietly. The twins knew Ella since she was little, back in Arassa. Oriana nodded in agreement with her brother.

“I’ve actually met Lavinia one evening at the Mysts tavern. I think it was in early February. As for others, I’m curious so yes, we should certainly make an effort to get to know them a bit better,” she said and fell quiet noticing the groom entering the hall and approaching the front of it.

Oriana smiled in appreciation as Zuan passed by.
“Ella’s husband to be is certainly easy on the eyes,” she said and chuckled quietly, sitting up straighter to get a better view.

Godmod with permission
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it | Sister of Zephyr | Grimm family | Witch | Traveller | Artwork by Feronya
Sofie

Post by Sofie »

Duke and his entourage exit the office and proceed towards the podium in the front of the hall.
Grandfather begins setting up Ella's page of notes for Duke. After a moment Karina goes to find a seat amongst the crowd.

Sofie approaches King Zuan
"Greetings your Majesty. Whenever you are ready you may take your position here. "
She walks over to a spot to the front and left of the podium.
"We presume Lady Ella will proceed down this Ilse and join you just to the right side of the podium.

We'll need a word with your two? attendants before we begin, that is, the best man and the maid of honour; there's a piece of the ceremony that involves them handing you each a few things.

We're going to try something we haven't ever done before; call it a bit of a surprise: but when the moment comes, Duke will say the scripted descriptions and questions aloud; personally.
That is about the whole of it. Congratulations on this momentus day."
"

After awaiting teh Kings reply, Sofie would also go to find a seat by Karina.
-Banner by Scarlet Theme
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

The King noted the arrival of Duke and his entourage and bowed his head towards his friend who he had known for many a year now, and was the individual in charge of conducting the wedding ceremony. As Sofie approach him he offered her a kind smile.

”Thank you for letting me know, and indeed welcome to you on this day. I am most glad that Duke was willing to perform the ceremony for this most important of days in my life.” He then did as she requested and moved further through the hall until he stood on the left-hand side of the podium at the front of the hall which had a slight lift to it compared to the rest of the hall to ensure the guests at the back of the hall would have a clear view of the couple and the ceremony.

As he and Sofie reached the podium she then proceeded to explain more about the ceremony to him. The King had been aware of most of the details but not all of them, allowing Ella to take the lead and work with Duke on the ceremony, as he wanted to ensure more than anything that she was comfortable with everything. So he listened carefully as she explained the order of the day. As she referenced a man and woman to assist the King nodded, whilst he did not have a bestman picked out, he could comfortably rely on his cousin Tyris Winterbourne to fill in where needed for the proceedings.

”Very well, I am sure Tyris will be able to take on any role required of him, and he should be around here somewhere.” He said with a slight grin as he noted the man was indeed among the guests who had already arrived. ”I am intrigued to see what Duke has in mind, and I must say once more how grateful I am to Duke for being willing to assist us today. I hope you enjoy the day Sofie.” He said with another soft smile before turning his gaze back to the podium and to the front of the hall. Behind him the room was slowly filling up with more guests and the volume rose as conversation and gossip was had. Time was slowly ticking along and soon enough his bride would appear and the ceremony could begin, and with that they could begin their life as one.
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Tyris

Post by Tyris »

Tyris Winterbourne had arrived earlier in the week for his cousins wedding. The Baron of Little Northshiring was in a rather unique position given that he had been married to his cousin’s bride a year before. However the arrangement had been entirely political and while the duo had done their best to make their marriage work they had requested an annulment which was granted to them. Since then Tyris had remained social friends with Ella and continued to visit his cousin, the King, at Court from time to time. Yet he tended to prefer the seclusion and the forests of his Barony over the bustle of the capital these days. There he was free to hunt, to ride and to exist at his own leisure without any pressure upon his shoulder.

Yet when he heard news of his cousins wedding and received his invite he was more than happy with attending. Indeed he was happy for Ella in particular, knowing of the struggles she had faced in her past which he had learnt about when they had lived together. So there the Baron stood among the guests in the large hall watching the various proceedings. Once his cousin made his entrance the Baron decided to head towards him, being one of the few family members left in the house of Winterbourne, and figured the King could use some familial support.

The Baron was wearing an attire of fine velvet in a deep crimson with a golden accent, the threads glittered in the firelight and various small gemstones such as rubies were placed into a golden chain around his neck. At his side was his sword, more for ceremonial purposes, but there nonetheless to reflect his status as a noble and knight of Fenia. Bowing his head to his cousin as Sofie departed they made polite conversation and the Baron was informed he would be of some use for the ceremony.

Whatever that use might be he would have to wait and see, but remained with his cousin towards the front of the hall, observing the other guests and the busy nature of the hall. It was a more quiet affair than the King’s previous wedding, Tyris suspected that was a choice made by Ella, but one the King did not argue against. For here instead it felt a far more personal and intimate occasion than being watched by the masses in the capital as they made their way to the Cathedral to saw their vows before nobles, mages and foreign guests alike. The calm but impressive setting in North Fenshire felt far more fitting a venue for a wedding of love like that of Ella Blackwood and Zuan Winterbourne.
Napier

Post by Napier »

As Eldrige was advancing towards the designated place for him and Lavinia he was being informed about other guests.
Every second guest was a female of his blood.

Two ideas came to his mind.

No male descendants. And constant reminder of blood.

"Ah, blood...", he said in a low tone.

He managed to calm himself down not wanting to make a scene and leave a bloody stain on some of the lovely dresses that were in exhibition.
Another good reason was Ella's daughter. He had to be an example.

As they sat Eldrige could not shake off some weird feeling he had. He looked around and shifted in his seat.
Time was passing very slowly and he had to satisfy his curiosity.

"My little sunshine", he whispered to Lavinia, "I am going just to check if everything is ok and I will be right back, do not worry a thing please!"

A second later and poof he was gone. All you could hear was a pair of wings above head of Lavinia.
Do you believe in love?
Do you believe in destiny?
True love may come only once in a thousand lifetimes...
Lavinia

Post by Lavinia »

The three generations of Blackwoods sat together and chatted quietly as they waited for the ceremony to start. Lavinia wondered for a moment if the wedding would be equally short as the last one because that one was rather easy to sit through. Time passed by slowly, she glanced around at others then turned her gaze towards the King and Lord Duke. Tyris joined them not long after, she found that curious but was very happy to see him again.

She looked at Eldridge again, wanting to make sure that granpa was comfortable. However, she noticed how restless he became. Lavinia hoped it was just the nerves and not the hunger. She chuckled quietly imagining what a scene that would be when Eldridge whispered to her.

"Very well grandpa, do what you must. But please hurry back, you don't want to miss the beginning," she said quietly, looking up at the bat flapping its wings above her.
Deacon of Fenia City | Blackwood Family | Lady of Ravencrest Manor | Artwork by Zehara
Rosalie

Post by Rosalie »

It was an exciting day to be sure. She had certainly doubted Zuan's intentions with her mother early on, but she could see that the man brought Ella happiness unmatched by any other point in her life. If Zuan could provide her mother with the happiness she so deserved then who was she to object to their relationship or union? She dressed for the day in a crimson dress with subtle pearl embellishments along the neckline. The goal was elegant without going too over the top, and she thought she had managed to achieve that. When she arrived she took a seat near the front as soon other guests would be arriving.

Ella's daughter waved and greeted her family who filed in and found their seats before her attention was drawn toward the altar. Sofie, who she recognized as Duke's human companion and interpreter, arrived near the front to begin readying things for the ceremony. Next, the King arrived followed by his Winterbourne cousin, Tyris. It was at this point that Rosalie also got to her feet as she had heard she was needed as the maid of honor for the day.
"I'm here and at your service," she smiled as she greeted Sofie, "Just tell me what you need and it will be done."
~ Countess of Northborough ~ Daughter of Ella ~ Blackwood Family ~ Banner by Zehara ~