[CRP] The Motivation that Ties the Bind

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Anwyn

[CRP] The Motivation that Ties the Bind

Post by Anwyn »

It was with furrowed brows the young woman wove through the colourful tents and vardos. People saw the Rani Shanglo, the Kralisi’s protector, and took note of her expression, appropriately stepping aside. It was evident she was on a mission. She hurried along, honey eyes flitting to and fro in search of a specific face. She checked the spots she expected Neoma to be, but came up empty. Anwyn paused in her stride and closed her eyes, inhaling softly. The tug of her other half, her twin sister, became clear. Following the invisible rope, she came to their queen’s vardo.

She climbed the five stairs and gave a brief knock, but did not wait for granted entrance. Instead, she pushed in to find Merilyn and Neoma sitting at the table with a cup of tea. Her twin looked concerned, feeling the anxiety that was bubbling beneath Anwyn’s focused expression. Anwyn closed the door and tossed her cloak off to embrace the warmth of the wagon, with a small fire going in its iron stove.

“We need to discuss something.” She started. Meri began to stand, misunderstanding that it had something to do with her sister’s intimate relationship with their Kralisi. Anwyn held up her hand to stop her sister, shaking her head. “This concerns all of us.”

Calm and collected as always, Neoma waited patiently for Anwyn to sit. After sitting, she lowered her voice for the rest of her explanation.

“There are talks going around. Not much and not by many, but enough… They are thinking about changing sides. Changing queens.” Anwyn wrinkled her nose in frustration. “Neoma won’t marry, which means no heirs. Aishe has a wife and has a handful of heirs, which have been accepted by her people. They fear Neoma will be the last Kralisi of the Nasdari line.

I think it’s irrational. I mean, Kaia, you’re only sixteen, but they wanted to married a while ago. You know how they are. You’ve been stubborn about it all and they know you won’t budge. Besides - Why stick to a teenager when you have a grown woman as an option? Aishe is well established and she’s proven to be a worthy Kralisi. I think part of these whispers go back to your “impulsive” and “reckless” decision to bring us from the Shivate States to Bravia.”

Anwyn stopped her speculation and shook her head. Golden eyes fixated on her girlfriend in distress, displeased that any sort of conversations were being had.
ANWYN DEVAMIYA "DEVA" NASDARI
The Zoralo Natsia | Neoma’s Girl | Twin of Merilyn | Rani Shanglo | Families: Garridan, Khyrsaor

-Aishe Art-
Neoma
Re: [CRP] The Motivation that Ties the Bind

Post by Neoma »

The knock on the door and the appearance of Anwyn did not surprise Neoma. What did surprise her was the expression on her face and the distress in her voice. Anwyn was not known to be quick to become upset, so when she was upset the young Kralisi took immediate notice.

She listened calmly and sat for a few minutes quietly contemplating. The past seven months they had enjoyed getting to know their cousins. Neoma had spent many hours of many days with Aishe, talking and trying to learn from her. The other Kralisi had taken her under her wing and truly became not only a mentor and a friend, but also someone that Neoma could look to as a mother figure.

After a few minutes she took a breath and spoke gently to the twins, "I just wish they would come to me and talk to me, rather than whispering among themselves. This was not an impulsive move. I brought us here for very valid reasons..." she let her voice trail off and she sighed softly.

She looked between the others as she chewed her lip,"If they are contemplating changing side and going over to Aishe, why do they have an issue with me? Aishe is with a woman, granted she has heirs as well as the benefit of experience, but I am gaining experience with her help. Why are they so determined for me to marry and produce heirs? Aishe has heirs due to some magic that I don't quite understand." She stopped speaking again and began to twirl her fingers in her hair, a habit she picked up when she was a young child to help combat her anxiety.

Standing she turned away from the table and wrapped her arms around herself. She paced back and forth in the small space, her mind spinning, trying to figure out what she needed to do to bring peace of mind to her people.
Neoma Kaia Nasdari
The Parrav Kralisi of the Zoralo Natsia
Anwyn

Post by Anwyn »

The Rani Shanglos listened intently as their queen spoke. Together, the twins served as her protectors. In common tongue, Rani Shanglo translated to "lady law". It was a position that came from their homeland, Manjipoor. Rani Shanglo were women who essentially acted as the royal guards for the royal family. It was a role that was highly prized by the community and carried respect. The Garridan-Khrysaor twins were trained from a young age by the previous Rani Shanglo, who was now retired. While some argued that Neoma should have a more experienced protector, Neoma's uncle and guardian thought it was best to have the Rani Shanglo close to his niece's age. The twins were specifically chosen as a pair due to their abilities and the intensity of their magic when working together. So, they trained and spent their childhood alongside their Kralisi. Now teenagers, not much has changed.

"I can only speculate what is going through their minds. They see a woman and a girl. It's natural to want to go towards the woman when experience is an aiding factor to a role. And think about... She is also the great granddaughter of the Ketenni Kralisi." Merilyn spoke quietly and calmly. Anwyn bounced her knee, but Merilyn put her hand on it to stop the fidgeting.

"You mean to say that Aishe should be the ruling Kralisi of the Zoralo Natsia." Anwyn frowned disapprovingly at her sister.

"Incorrect. What I am saying that if the Bastard's Rebellion had not taken place, then lineage could be different. The Ketenni was always adamant that the Bastard would be her successor, which then... Leads us down to Aishe. I am saying that it's not so simple, Deva. I'm not saying I agree with their logic."

"Only that there are more factors involved." Anwyn sighed and looked back to her love. She let her pace, getting it out of her system. "Neeva is right. I can only assume they are keeping this to themselves because they are trying to figure out what they want to do exactly. The question is what are we going to do? Do we confront them? Do we take a stand indirectly? "

Civil war. It was on all of their minds. Unrest was never a good sign, but particularly when there was a change within easy reach. Things could become like the Bastard's Rebellion all over again. Rom against Rom, brother against brother. After all, history repeats. Of course, the situation was different. Hopefully the outcome would be too.
The Zoralo Natsia | Neoma’s Girl | Twin of Merilyn | Rani Shanglo | Families: Garridan, Khyrsaor

-Aishe Art-
Neoma

Post by Neoma »

In the days since the meeting in her vardo, Neoma's mind had been preoccupied with everything that the conversation had revealed. She tried to keep her worries and fears held within, so her people would not know how afraid she was to lose them. She wanted to be a good leader and she knew that if everyone would just trust in her, that she would prove herself to them. Only her Rani Shanglos knew her true feelings, and only Anwyn knew her deepest ones. The twins were wise in their council and she knew that not only could she depend on them to help guide her, she knew they would each give their lives for her if that was demanded of them.

On this day, she sat in her vardo alone, the worries of the people of the Natsia ran through her mind over and over. Her age, her inexperience, and the fact that she was still unwed and without an heir kept hitting her over and over. Most of the things she could not do anything about. Only time would take care of her age and experience. She had been spending a lot of time with Aishe learning from the wise woman and she hoped that what she learned from her would calm the fears of her people.

Her thoughts then turned to the upcoming new year. The people of the Zoralo Natsia always celebrated the turn of the year in a big way. The new year was a time of hope and resolutions and new beginnings. It was a time to be able to begin again with a clean slate and the possibilities for renewal were endless. She walked over to one of the cabinets and opened the door. Reaching under the pile of blankets, she pulled out a hidden pouch. Pulling the contents out she looked at them and smiled. If everything went well this evening, the Zoralo Natsia would have the biggest new year celebration in their history. Returning the contents to the pouch and then slipping it into the hidden pocket of her skirt, she left her vardo and went to find Anwyn.
Neoma Kaia Nasdari
Anwyn

Post by Anwyn »

The last few days felt stressful as the gathered information weighed heavily on the trio. Still, Neoma tried to stay positive and upbeat. Anwyn, meanwhile, had some underlying negativity about the situation. It annoyed her. Infuriated her, even.

Their relationship had become more open and obvious to the community since they came to Bravia. It still had little impact on the expectations of their queen, clearly. It wasn’t that the Romany people were homophobic - it wasn’t like that at all. They valued love. However, they also valued family. That meant growth, children, which by default a same-sex relationship would not provide. To have a lesbian queen meant no heirs. No heirs meant trouble for the Natsia. It could lead to civil war from efforts of power grabbing. It could leave the nation leaderless. A leaderless nation was defenseless and destined for failure.

Somewhere in her mind, it all made sense. That part of her thoughts were buried beneath the feelings of insecurity and selfishness. She loved Neoma. More than maybe she should, given the circumstances. She wouldn’t be able to let go, but she wrestled with the notion that maybe she should let go. Maybe Neoma’s path was different than hers. They shared the path for now, but there was a fork in the road ahead. One would lead to continued happiness, potentially at the cost of their people. The other led to heartbreak and pain, for the sake of their people.

Anwyn muttered to herself as she picked herself up off the ground. Her twin sister tsk’d, waving the sword at her.

“Get out of your head.” Merilyn advised. The advice annoyed her though, evident by the gathering of light around her clenched fists.

She kicked the sword she had dropped, “I’m done for the day.”

Normally, perhaps her sister would argue with her seeing as they still were meant to be dueling. However, Anwyn’s mood was clear and she dropped her sword with a shrug.

“Go jump in the stream or something. Cool off. I’ll go spend time with Neoma.”

Golden eyes narrowed slightly, but the idea of icy water sounded refreshing from the heat of her building fury. The conjured light dissipated as she grabbed her sword and cloak. She draped the cloak over her arm and wandered over the snow deeper into the trees. The sound of water was calming as she neared the stream that ran through the Villa.

She found a sunny spot before taking off the belt her sword hung from. The cloak was tossed onto a low hanging branch, followed by her shirt, trousers, shoes, and stockings. In her winter undergarments, she walked into the cool water. It caused her to catch her breath, but she proceeded to go deeper until she was waist deep. She took a deep breath and submerged herself into the icy water. She remained beneath the surface for a few minutes until her lungs could no longer hold out. She resurfaced with a gasp, blonde hair in her face and a shiver running down her spine. When she looked back at the shore, there stood her queen. Her love. Her Neoma.

She waded back to shore, shivering. Once she was out of the water, Neoma offered her the cloak to wrap herself up in. She gave her thanks and wrung out her hair, water dropping down to the snow beneath her feet. She pulled her boots back on and used her cloak to dry off before putting the rest of her clothes back on.

“I thought Neeva was gonna find you.”

-Aishe Art-
Neoma

Post by Neoma »

In her search for Anwyn, she knew she would not have to go far. It only took a couple of minutes before she came across Merilyn. Where one twin was, the other was sure to be close. After speaking briefly to her other Rani Shanglo she made her way to the stream and approached just in time to see the beautiful woman surface and draw a deep breath.

Staying quiet she helped Anwyn dry and pulled a brush from her bag and began brushing the wet tangles out. After a few moments she spoke gently, "Yes, I spoke to her and she told me where to find you. She said that you ended your training session early because you could not overcome your anger." The young queen spoke bluntly, though she was not criticizing. "I understand your anger, all too well. I too have been battling the emotions."

Pausing she turned Anwyn to face her and smiled, searching her eyes, a flood of emotions and feelings passing between them in the brief, quiet moments. She pushed a wet lock behind Anywn's ear then trailed her fingers across her cheek. "There are some things I wish to discuss with you, some things that I want to get your thoughts on." Running her hand down her arm, she took her hand and gently squeezed, "Walk with me."
Neoma Kaia Nasdari
Anwyn

Post by Anwyn »

Anwyn appreciated the help taming her wet locks as she situated her belt. The cold waters did good numbing the anger, but it lingered like a festering wound. Neoma was not just a girlfriend. As the days passed, she realized Neoma was so much more than that. The very thought of losing her was... Destructive. However, when she was turned around, the anger melted away. Honey eyes met the violet gaze and the storm calmed. How did she always manage to do that? They complimented each other well. Anwyn was definitely the more temperamental of the two. Just as well, as it was not a good trait for a queen to have.

"Of course." She gave the hand a squeeze in return. The walk started in comfortable silence, but after a moment, Anwyn broke it.

"I'm sorry if I am... Too emotional over the... Situation." The shorter blonde paused, pondering her choice of words. "I just cannot stand the thought of losing you. Is that selfish? To put myself above our nation?"

It was not her duty to do so. They both knew it. Yet, in some ways, Anwyn felt she shared the burden of ruling with her partner. She supported her, counseled her, and stayed at her side. She saw it all, even the most vulnerable moments. Likewise, Neoma had seen the most vulnerable moments of Anwyn. The walk was among those moments.

-Aishe Art-
Neoma

Post by Neoma »

The fresh snow muffled their steps so the only sound was their breaths until Anwyn spoke, the fears that were weighing heavily in Anwyn's mind hurt her heart. Stopping she once again faced the other woman. Once again she held her gaze, letting the easy silence rest between them for a few moments. Neoma took a breath, a thousand thoughts ran through her mind all at once. Was she doing the right thing? She thought she was, she was certain of it. She had weighed everything carefully. All she needed was a chance, just a small chance to prove to everyone that everything would be okay.

She closed her eyes and steadied herself. She knew that she was taking a huge chance with everything, but she also had faith in her people and she had faith in the love she shared with Anwyn. She bit her lip slightly before she took another breath and reached into her pocket and pulled the pouch out, keeping it closed in her fingers, "The thought of losing you is ever present. The thought of not being yours is painful and I can not go on any longer waiting and hoping. I know what I want, it may seem selfish, but I love you too much to let you go. We have seen that a queen with a woman by her side can successfully run a Natsia, and I want that with you, if you will have me . Stand by my side forever and marry me?" With those words she pulled a ring from the pouch and held it out to Anwyn. The ring had been her mothers, and her grandmothers, and had been passed from mother to daughter for as long as the family could look back. She just knew that somehow, some way, if Anwyn agreed they would make everything work out.
Neoma Kaia Nasdari
Anwyn

Post by Anwyn »

Mere seconds after her question, they stop walking. Their breaths hung in the air during their quiet exchange, speaking words without sound. Was Neoma upset? No, but there was some pain in her gaze. More dominantly, however, was determination. Next thing she knew, a familiar pouch was present. Golden eyes flicked back to Neoma, fully understanding what was inside the pouch. With that understanding, Neoma's goal was clear.

She wondered in the brief moment of silence: should they be having this conversation? Shouldn't they find it within themselves to walk away? Wouldn't Neoma be better off in the long run? Without her? Without them?

The questions were swift to stop when her partner began speaking. The passion behind her words were more than enough to erase any doubts. So, by the time the big question was asked, she had an answer. Perhaps it was the impulse of youth that said, "Yes!"

The pure joy on Neoma’s face was worth whatever cost would come later. All she wanted was for Neoma to be happy - which was one reason why the current issues hurt her so much. She could tell how affected Neoma was by it all, even if it was just whisperings. And yet, for as happy as she was, when her eyes fell down onto the ring, she withheld her hand. The sun caused the blue gem to sparkle, making it look like dozens of small stars were encased into a sea of dark blue. She knew where the ring came from and its history. It was so much more than just a piece of jewelry, so she hesitatingly stood there on the edge of what would change her life.

“Are you sure?”

-Aishe Art-
Neoma

Post by Neoma »

Neoma smiled and put the ring on Anwyn's finger before pulling her close and kissing her. After a few moments she pulled away slightly so they could both catch their breaths.

After letting the sweet moment between them hang in the air, Neoma broke the next bit to her, "I want to get married as soon as possible. I think at the New Year celebration will be perfect. Do you think you can plan a wedding and be ready by then?
Neoma Kaia Nasdari