Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv was happy beyond belief when Wyl confirmed his thoughts. I have somewhat expected that this was the cause of your tiredness and upset stomach. In fact my love, when you visited me in the shop, what I was working on was a crib for when the Mages would indeed give us this blessing. Tuv leaned over and kissed Wyl's belly before kissing her forehead. You have been a blessing in my life, and now we are going to bring a new blessing into this world for both of us. Are you still up to and able to travel north as we had planned?

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Meanwhile back in Paz....

Jim was busy working with the ropemakers and riggers running lines to the forward jib when the Master Craftsman Calembur approached the drydock. Jim welcomed him aboard and asked what he could help him with. Calembur stated that his crew was on the way so that they could install the locking mechanisms for the new armaments that Tuv had requested. Jim bade him to proceed and then quickly began organizing a crew of men to help bring the supplies that Calembur's men were transporting. In no time everything was brought onto the main deck. The group of men where quickly broken down into four teams, one for each side of the main deck, one for the bow point, and one for the aft viewing deck. Calembur explained things once again for all, and the teams split off to handle their assignments. Within 2 hours all of the locking mount stations were assembled and anchored to the deck. Calembur then went around checking to ensure he was satisfied. Once satisfied he informed Jim he would return in a couple of days with some more equipment to test the mountings and ensure that they would function properly before he began the actual work of installing the defense systems. Jim thanked him and walked with him down the gangway and into Paz itself.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

His words made her so happy. I wanted to say what I suspected, but I didnt want to risk it. I wanted to be sure and to be close to that point of being well into it. A tear slid down her face. The joy she felt was amazing. A Crib? Her shock was that of utter bliss. How could you be so sure we would be blessed again? It really didnt matter. What truly mattered was that he was just as happy as she was. His kiss, sweet.

Yes, I am very much wanting to travel north. I will need to pack a good deal of tea though, as it is the only thing that settles my stomach. She again looked at her husband and sat up, swinging her feet to the floor. She was nearer him now and pulled him close so that she could kiss him. I love you, my darling husband mine. Always. She then kissed him and wrapped her arms around him for a quick hug, before standing. She turned then to get dressed. Not minding that he was in the room at all, a wicked grin was in-fact flashed at him as her eyes met his. But, there was no time for that right now.

A quick breakfast and I will be ready to go... Oh.. she stopped mid way of getting dressed. Do we have any dried meat or anything like that? I might need it for snacking on. Her appetite had certainly increased... but she craved mostly proteins. Turning back she finished pulling on her best traveling clothes... Comfortable and slightly loose. There. Shall we? She had the most ridiculous grin on her face. It was total bliss.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

I had been wanting to make a crib for some time. I was going to store it away in my shop until we were blessed. I guess the Mages knew the time was right. Tuv sat back and watched as Wyl got up and started getting ready. She always had a special glow about her, but Tuv noticed that now that she was pregnant that she had an even more special glow about her. He said a silent thank you to the Mages for the gift that had been bestowed upon him and Wyl. We can easily add some tea to our supplies. Jack and I have already packed some salted and smoked salmon as well as some dried beef strips. We have also packed a decent amount of dried fruit chips I am looking forward to traveling north and seeing what the Mages have in store for us.
Tuv stood up, and kissed Wyl, took her hand, and headed out with her towards the wagon. He helped her up, and soon they were on their way north towards the city of Cork.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The journey north to Cork was a relatively quiet journey. Most of the time Wyl and Tuv talked about their now growing family. They both shared ideas of how they wanted to decorate one of the spare rooms into a proper nursery. They arrived in Cork in the late afternoon. They decided to go ahead and spend the night in Cork. They found an inn and quickly stable the animals. They then explored a few markets before having dinner and calling it a night.
Early in the morning, Tuv got up went to the main room, gathered some sweet breads, fresh fruit, and a kettle of tea. He then headed back to the room and woke up Wyl. After breakfast, the hitched the animals up to the wagon. They were soon afterwards headed out of the North Gate and towards the border. As they rode north, Tuv's mind kept wandering back to things concerning the Red Claws. He hoped beyond hope that it was just a rouge group using the image to scar creatures. As they came to the border between Bravia and Keine, Tuv pulled the wagon to a stop. He turned to Wyl and asked "I have a question my love. I know it may bring up some issues but do you want to continue straight on to Widu or do you want to check out the border cave where we held out against Darius?"

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Back in Paz

Calembur arrived early in the morning with two wagons that were draped in a cloth covering them. He parked the wagons and headed up the gangway to greet Jim. Jim had seen him approaching and met him at the top of the gangway. Calembur quickly stated that he had the two balistas with him and would be working on getting them in place over the next few days. The two men then set about getting the hoists in place to lift the weapons into place. It was a bit of work but two hours later both balistas were on the decks. It was then that the real work began. Calembur and his crew started on the bow point balista first and as they approached dinner time, the mounting and control systems for the weapon were complete. Calembur seemed please with things and said that they would be back in the morning to work on the aft balista and then would run through some testing of things while still here in the dry dock. Jim thanked them for their work and saw them off into town.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Within the first couple hours of travel, she knew that the rocking of the wagon was going to play havoc with her nausea, thus for the first part of their journey, she kept a constant supply of cool tea in a leather bladder near her reach. She sipped it occasionally and it did well to hold things at bay. She was glad for Tuvoria, for keeping her mind off of her stomach and the unease it felt. This had not been the way it was the last time. In fact, she hadn't remembered any symptoms such as this was, and she wasnt going to voice it either. She knew that her husband would worry over her, and she knew this was perfectly normal.

The topic of nursery was sweet. She wondered if there was anything he didn't think about. It was part of what she loved about him. He was a kind and considerate being. He gave his all to everything. Smiled at him now. She wondered at the child, secretly hoping for a son to present to him. Though a girl would certainly be well loved and cherished just as much. Without realizing it, she rested a hand at her abdomen in a protective way.

At his question, she thought for a moment and decided she had really no opinion, but figured taking a look wouldn't hurt. Lets check things out. I would rather know that area is clear... she stated solemnly. If nothing is amiss, we can always circle back.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv listened as Wyl spoke. She was correct in that it would be good to at least know if the cave was in use. He guided the cart off the main road and eased it down the path towards the cave. When it got to a point where it seemed that they would not be able to turn around easily, he backed them up a bit and turned the wagon around. He strapped his sword to his side, tossed his quiver across his back and helped Wyl get down. Grabbing his bow he smiled as he said I'm hoping I wont need these, but it is best to be safe. He then took the harness off of his dog Rex and pointed down the path as he told him scout. Rex started down the path ahead of them sniffing and occasionally pausing to listen to what sounds there were. It took a bit longer to get back to the cave area as it looked like no one had been down here in a bit as the undergrowth along the footpath and grown up a bit. When they reached the clearing in front of the cave area, Rex paused before the open meadow, appearing to alert to something. Tuv, picking up on his pet's clues, grabbed an arrow and put it at the ready with his bow. Rex then caught scent of something and began to try to locate it. With a click of his teeth, Tuv sent Rex forward to find out what it was. The group could see the cave mouth from their position. The little berm they had made was somewhat still there and the cave seemed dark. As Tuv was reflecting on the events that had transpired here and how he had nearly joined the Light in the next life his thoughts were quickly brought back to the here and now as Rex when still and alerted towards a fallen tree about 100 feet in front of the group. As Tuv was getting ready to pull back the string on his bow, he was caught off guard as a cougar and her two cubs, all with bloody mouths, bounded up from the tree and made a dash towards the area of the cave.Well that was unexpected. Lets see real quick what they were dining on. The good news is my dear, if they are using the cave, then it means the Red Claws, or anyone else, have not for some time. As Tuv moved forward and glanced over the log, he was relieved to see that it was just a small yearling deer that the cougar had caught. Tuv quickly scouted the area and found no traces of any two legged beings in the area. Assured that the cave was only being used by the cougar and her cubs, Tuv led Wyl and Rex back to the wagons, stowed his gear, helped Wyl and Rex back into the wagon, and then began to drive the group back to the main road and towards their old home town of Widu.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The cougar gave her a start. She hadn't realized she had been holding her breath. My lords! Her hand flew to her chest with the unexpected movement. Thank the mages for that! She said, her heart beating fast. Her voice cracked with a nervous laugh. You would think we would expect wild-life, huh? She grinned as Tuv checked things out more thoroughly.

She kneeled down and patted Rex. Good boy. Before they loaded back into the wagon. She glanced at her husband. If nothing else, it is good to know this place is still empty. A slight chill came over her though as she surveyed the area. Her smile faded for the first time in a long while. She thought about their encounter at sea. I wonder what port they are making berth at. We were out at sea for a while, they have to replenish sometime, somewhere. What ports would even welcome that riff-raff? Her brow furrowed a little as she looked at him. Was it enough that the Red Claw were not here?
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv was happy to be back on the main road. His mind was wandering in a thousand different directions. He was brought back to a single thought when he heard his wife, 'Wyllow, mention seaports. "I was thinking the same thing my love. It has been nagging me as well. I think perhaps they are hiding in a sheltered cove or fjord along the north shore of Valleria. There is a lot of coast line along that area that is not officially settled. Plus there is that large island between Valleria, Muria, and New Fulleria. We did not really begin to hear anything or encounter them until we got near New Fulleria. I think they may actually be based out of Valleria somewhere. Sadly if we had encountered them along the southern coast of the continent, I would be tempted to say that Uncle Bal was behind it, as much as he loves to create chaos." Tuv pulled the wagon to a halt as they topped the hill and looked down on the city of Widu. "It is getting late Wyl, how about we find an inn where we can spend the night and see about visiting some of the markets? Besides, I want to sip some fresh orange juice from one of the local growers." Tuv snapped the reigns and encouraged Bertha and Charlie to start moving on down the path towards Widu.