Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wyllow

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Wyllow »

To be fair, she was completely at her leisure when he arrived. She smiled up lazily at him... then nodded as her smile widened in a way that said 'neener-neener, I win!' But then he did something that completely surprised her as she was attempting to move over for him. The look of shock on her face with the boop of cream on her nose seemed to send Tuv into a fit of laughter.. Oh you! You think that is funny do you?

The hammock rolled and swayed as she went after him, poking and tickling in the usual places that made him squirm. The rocking and swaying of the hammock was so much that suddenly she found herself haven fallen out and landing with a hard thud. Her laughter ripped from her, letting him know that she was just fine. Standing, she rubbed her bottom. She looked at him and it warmed her heart.

Stretching out her hands, she simply said... Dance with me? She knew there was no music, but it didnt matter. Her heart was so filled with love that she could hear a beautiful song anyways. She felt like she did long ago when they first met. How that love and serenity could still be, she didnt understand. But Tuvoria to her, was home. He was everything to her and more.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

It was all Tuv could do not to burst out laughing as he and Wyl went into a tickle war and tumbled out of the hammock. It was a hilarious scene with the two of them dumped on the deck, the hammock swinging and traces of cream over the deck, the hammock, and themselves. The two of them made quite a pair. Tuv helped Wyl back to her feet. He truly couldn't see anyone ever being so much a part of who he was, as he did with Wyl. When she said Dance with me Tuv was deeply moved. He pulled her close and the two of them began to Waltz around the deck. I only dance for you and with you. Now and forever. The beat of our two hearts is the only music we need. Tuv continued to lead her around the deck and when they were close again to the hammock, he dipped Wyl deep and then spun them both around as they flopped into the hammock. Tuv laughing the whole time.
I can't remember the last time we did something like this my love. Let us promise each other that we will be silly in love like this forever and that at least once a month, we shall do something silly like this. We need a date night like this more than just today. Tomorrow we shall be between Albrightville and Paz. I am going to have Jim drop the anchor and give the crew a day off to swim, fish, and just have fun. But tonight, the only thing that matters is you.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She beamed up at him as he pulled her close, she let out a sigh that said pinch me... he then swirled her around the deck. If only every moment could be this perfect. Her breath quickened, she laughed as they were once more in the hammock. She then took up the blanket and curled next to him looking up at the stars that were displayed above them. His voice near to her ear, she smiled as he spoke.

She agreed with him. It feels like forever.. she replied softly, looking at him. Yes. she flushed. Silly and in love melted her heart. She smiled again at him and her eyes lit up at the idea of swimming. Oh, they so earned it, this crew. You picked them perfectly. She suddenly paused in thought before she continued. What happens when we are not sailing though? I assume they are paid when only working? I mean, what happens when we are not sailing? It was something she hadnt thought upon until now. And it concerned her to only employ them when needed - would it mean only part of the crew would be available when they were needed? She furrowed a brow, knowing it really wasn't any concern of hers how the crew make their livings, but it seemed like a harsh way to try.

She stared back up at the stars as one raced past them. She pointed. Shooting star! Make a wish! She let out childish giggle, closed her eyes and did just that... then rested her head upon his chest watching the sky with eyes that could easily sleep. I love you, Tuvoria. She said quietly. I always have, and I always will. A yawn escaped then, though she tried her best not to let it out. She did not want this evening to end.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv cuddled up closer to Wyl under the blanket as he looked up at the stars and just listened to her. As she spoke about the crew of The Aerandir, he forgot he never had told her about the care of the crew. Putting his arm under her neck so that her head rested on his shoulder, Tuv relayed what the plans were concerning the crew. " Indeed the crew is amazing and they deserve this day of enjoyment and thanks. The crew will be in good hands once we dock in Paz. Jim, Sam, and the senior crew are on permanent retainer, at least for a year. The rest of the crew I set up a contract with. Whenever we are docked in Paz, or are prolonged in any other port, for repairs or unscheduled maintiance issues, the crew is paid half their normal wages and are free to sign on temporarily with any local fishing vessel. If they decide to fully join another ship, then they loose the weekly stipend from the Aerandir. My steward Jack is coordinating all of this and with the income from my tavern and carpentry shop, the wages are easily covered.
When Wyl said ooh look a shooting start Tuv closed his eyes and made a wish that the Mages would expand their family. He knew Wyl would make a great mother and that their love would only grow deeper if they were blessed with a child. That is for the future though, he thought to himself. Right now he was content just being by Wyl's side and having her in his arms. As he looked up at the stars, he began to play with her hair as he asked "Care to share what you wished for my love?"

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log -- The Aerandir 1 May 1663

Our maiden voyage is quickly coming to an end. The crew has been amazing. Their had work and dedication is beyond what I had expected. Being able to leave things in Jim's capable hands the last few days so that I could focus on Wyllow has been a blessing. As we sailed out of Albrightville towards Paz, I conferred with Jim and we shall drop anchor in a sheltered cove around midday. From then until morn, it is our intention to give the crew a fun day and have a party to celebrate all that they have done. After that we will sail on to Paz to do some minor repairs, correct a few issues, and to add a few upgrades on the main deck and Bow point. All in all this has been a great voyage. The senior crew is already discussing plans for our next voyage and it seems most of the general crew is looking forward to it as well. May the Mages continue to bless us all.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of The Aerandir

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log - The Aerandir 2 May 1663

Our day of fun and crew party off the southern coast of Bravia was well received. The food, fun, games, fishing, and swimming was a great way to give back to the crew. Their appreciation and merriment was more than enough for me. We stayed anchored until close to the onset of dusk before weighing anchor and making our way to the Port at Paz. Arrangements for the senior crew members have been set with Jim who will oversee things in my stead. We will dry dock The Aerandir for approximately one month so that some minor streamlining and fine tuning can be addressed, which is normal after a maiden voyage. We will also be adding a balista to the bow and aft watch decks. Three small catapults will also be mounted on both the port and starboard sides of the main deck. The main crew has been informed that they will remain on retainer at half of the normal weekly rate until we are ready to put back to sea. They are free to work with or take on duties with other vessels until such time. This was well received by all. Once in Paz, Jim and I will also be making arrangements to get porters with carts, wagons, and pack animals to transfer the goods we have so that we can transport them overland to Bravia City.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of The Aerandir

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

It was nearly dawn when Tuv eased out of the bed. He quickly got dressed and headed up towards the Helms deck. He knew they would soon be nearing the opening to the harbor at Paz. It seems like forever since they had sailed out of the harbor to begin this maiden journey. So much had happened. Jim had already dropped anchor to wait for the Harbor Master. Full sails were displayed and the Bravian colors were on full display. The Aerandir was a true sight to see sitting at the mouth of the harbor. Not to long afterwards the Harbor Master's ship pulled up beside them and the Harbor Master was welcomed aboard and given permission to take them in. They hoisted anchor and headed to pier 9 and prepared to dock. Once they were at the dock and tied off, the gang plank was extended as Tuv came down to stand my the exit point. He thanked the Harbor Master and as the crew that was not staying to help offload the cargo were dismissed he saluted each of them and shook their hand. After everyone that was going ashore had done so, he headed back to his cabin to help Wyl gather up their belongs. He knew Jim had everything under control and that tomorrow with Wyl by his side, they would be heading out to Bravia City and the home they had made.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As he slipped from the room, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and sat there for a moment. She had mixed emotions about being back. She was a little sad that their journey was over, but she was also very excited about being on land and being home tomorrow. There was so much she wanted to do.

Two nights ago, the last thing Tuv had said to her, she had feinted sleep as they sway in the hammock. Then later, they had gotten up and made their way to bed silently. She wanted to tell him that if she told him her wish, it might not come true, but deep down she hoped beyond hope for one single thing. She wondered about it now, though she dare not stress or think on it too hard. There was so much she needed to do when they were home that she wouldnt think about anything that would be out of her control.

Slowly she got up and dressed before starting to pack up most things. The great thing was that a good deal of things that she saw she needed on the ship for future trips, she would leave and replace at home. Some things that she hadnt even used, would come home with her. She looked around the little cabin that she had grown to love the intimate small space of. She wondered if their own home was too big with all the conveniences it had.

The day before felt like a small kind of celebration. It was a day of leisure for all of them as they used up things that would spoil and couldn't be kept for a later time. She ate to her hearts content... and recently had become sorta a theme for her. She thought about that for a moment and her heart skipped a beat, a gasp even left her lips in thought. But as it did so, Tuvoria came in the door. She pushed thoughts away, not daring to think further.

She smiled at her beloved husband. Well, we made it. A good deal of his things, like clothing and such, she had already packed up, so there were just personal items for him left to decide what goes and what stayed. Are you ready to go home? She asked
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

As he walked into the cabin Tuv noticed Wyl was already busy packing up their items. He paused a second to enjoy her beauty and radiant glow before he responded.
"To be honest Wyl, yes and no. I'm ready to be in our home and to visit with friends back in Bravia City, but at the same time I have enjoyed the closeness in here with you".
He headed over to help Wyl pack before continuing.
"I have enjoyed things here. I know JIm will take care of the crew and in getting things ready for our next sail. Not too bad of a maiden voyage I must say. That said, it will be nice to have the feel of grass and dirt under my feet again. Once things do settle down, I want to possibly head into the wilds beyond Widu to see if the Red Claws are truly reforming. I pray not, but there is doubt lingering in my mind. But enough of that thinking, lets go see if the porters have everything unloaded from the hold and onto the wagons for our journey to Bravia City."

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

After the hustle and bustle of unloading the storage hold of the Aerandir and transferring everything over to pack mules, carts, and wagons, Tuv and Wyl were ready to head off towards Bravia City. A few of the crew decided to come along to visit family near the Bravian capital. Soon the ragtag caravan was outside of Paz and on the open road. Tuv was amazed at how much he had missed the smell of the woods, grasses, and open road. There was also a slight hint of rain still lingering on the slight breeze. As they traveled along, Tuv noticed that it seemed like Wyl was constantly grazing on the travel food they had. She also had a slight glow about her and a somewhat hidden smile upon her face. Tuv knew that something was on her mind, but he decided to just leave it for now and enjoy the walk home. He knew that when she was ready, Wyl would share what was on her mind. As it neared 4 in the afternoon, the group crested the hill just to the south of Bravia City. They could see the sun glinting off the reinforced walls of the town and could hear the hum of thriving activity coming from the town. Tuv walked up next to the head porter, Johannen, and instructed him to take the goods into town and deliver them to the storage building behind his and Wyl's shops then he handed him a small bag containing the rest of the pay for the porters. He then climbed aboard the cart that had the few things that he and Wyl wanted at their house and with their animals in tow, directed the horses in that direction as he smiled and said to Wyl Shall we head to our home now my love?