Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Back in Paz

As promised Calembur returned a few days later and along with his crew began testing the newly installed balistas. Both machines had been mounted with swivel mounts that allowed the operator to move the aim side to side and up and down. A target was set up fore and aft and several practice rounds were fired. When he was happy with how things were working, Calembur had his men begin securing the ammo storage boxes next to the balstas as he spent time working with Jim to show him how to aim and fire the weapons. A smile crept across Jim's face as he hit the target repeatedly. He was eager to see how the crew would do with this, especially when the Aerandir would return to the water and begin its mission to hunt down pirates and other vile groups.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Having traveled their way to Imperious, it was nice to wake up in a bed. The Inn was clean, but plain. The plans set for the day, it was passed time for her to get up and get things organized. She wanted to check the market for a few different things. At least that was the plan.
Sitting up, the movement reminded her. This morning, her sickness seemed heavy. Unable to move, she grasped the near by bucket. To look at her, she was so very pale today. Her skin clammy to the touch with a light sweat. There would be no amounts of tea to settle her stomach today. Food would have to be plain...

Her mind wandered to worry, though she knew that was not the way. She had to remind herself this was normal. She debated on telling Tuv, wondering if they should stay an extra day, but brushed it aside. She didn't want him to worry unnecessarily. Im fine. She whispered. Getting to her feet, she told her self to get a grip. Getting dressed she felt marginally better. Taking a deep breath, she gathered the little bit of items that were left in the room and packed them away. Grasping the pack, she then moved to exit the room to meet Tuvoria for a bite to eat. Yes, that is all she needed was food.

The eatery part of the Inn was similar to a tavern. She put on her best smile as she entered, and began to locate her husband.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tub was just coming out of the stable area when he spotted Wyl coming out of the main room of the inn. He walked over towards her trying to keep the slight bruises and scrapes from being seen. As he got closer he smiled as he said"Morning my love. The animals and wagons are ready when you are. Do you want to hit the road or walk about?" He could see that she was giving him the once over and as she raised her arm to wipe away a bit of blood on his cheek he chuckled as he stated "oh that? It's nothing. Went for a walk earlier. Stumbled into uncle lizard breath and we had a minor tussle. Nothing to worry about. He grabbed Wyl, pulled her close and kissed her good morning.So do you want breakfast and the road or breakfast and then to go spend my money in the markets here?

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She looked at him with a skeptical eye and quirked a brow. You saw Bale today?.. Looks like it went well. She still gave him a once over, looking for injuries. He kissed her, and she melted inside, but went ahead with her light scolding.

Why must you scrap with him? She asked with a little irritated sigh. She couldn't be angry at either if them though. The complacency in things, especially in Bravia, was a real problem. Bale just... seemed to like to poke holes, and stir pots that irritated others. You know he is right sometimes. She taunted at Tuvoria over her shoulder as she turned and headed towards the market.

She slowed waiting for him to catch up. And I have brought my own money, thank you very much! She had no idea why she was so annoyed today. She rarely was ever cross with him,.. especially him. She looked at him. Im sorry. I am in a particularly craggy mood this morning and I am afraid anything I eat needs to be plain and.. easy to digest. Both her hands came up to rub her sides. Forgive me? She suddenly asked, her face full of sorrow for being in her current mood.
Last edited by Wyllow on Mon May 15, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tub chuckled to himself as he quickly caught up with Wyl. It's okay my love. I know as things progress with our child your emotions will be all over the place. Bale and I had, shall we say, a vigorous discussion over his last visit to Bravia that resulted in his trying to make Bravia City part of Fenia. Sometimes I think the old lizard loves to just have a good brawl. Tuv tried to change the mood by rubbing Wyl's belly. Now If you have your own money, then are you buying dinner? When we are done here do you want to head north, which leads to forests and lakes, or do you want to go to the fruit groves in Rome, which is to the south?

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She let out a sigh, glad he hadn't take her mood to heart. His hands on her belly soothed her, his much welcomed touch. She smiled. Yes, my love. I will pay for our dinner. She reached into her pocket and pulled out 4f and some change. Do you think that will do? She asked, but she was fully teasing him now. The topic of Bale forgotten, they walked on.

She thought about his question for a moment. Id love to head to the Orange groves... You know how much they make me happy. I would love to gather some more oranges anyways, but time spent under them brings me such joy. She thought about inhaling the scent from the trees. It reminded her of a simpler time when they lived in Widu. I do miss the trees of Widu. She said without thought. It was hard to remember why they had moved. It felt like so long ago.

Perhaps we can spend a couple days there? She asked glancing at him as they entered the market.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

I miss the orange groves myself. Tuv grabbed Wyl's hand as they headed towards the market area. His mind drifted back to those early days in Widu.I think a few days in the groves at Rome will do us both some good. Let's head that way after we visit the markets here.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The market turned out to be less than she hoped, so they set their sights to the south. A light meal was all she needed before they set out. She hadn't ever remembered going to Rome before, so was fairly excited to be visiting a new place.

after a while, a strange fog seemed to roll in, but it wasn't exactly peculiar as they headed towards the coast. By well after mid day the clouds became dark and she was sure it was going to rain. It was still spring after-all. My love, I think we better find a place to take cover, or we may be drenched here soon. She glanced at him, wondering his thoughts.

They certainly could press on and come into Rome just after supper time, she would be fine either way. However, the fog seemed to increase, diminishing the distance that could be seen down the road. A slight chill came over her.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv too had noticed the fog and could smell the scent of a rain on the wind.As much as I would love to sleep in Rome tonight, I think you are right. If I spot a possible safe spot I will pull off the road. They continued on for almost an hour before they spotted a small corpse of trees in a clear meadow. Tuv quickly got them onto the trees and secured the animals.This should work my love. It will provide some protection and allow us to see anyone approaching. I've got a few tarps here in the wagon. I'll get a shelter set up if you want to see if you can get a fire possibly going. Tuv then set about taking the two tarps and making a makeshift tent for them to cuddle under through the night. He made sure the opening was out of the direction of the wind, yet still gave a good sight of the road.
Last edited by Tuvoria on Thu May 18, 2023 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

meanwhile in Paz

It had been a few days since Calembur had finished the installation of the ballista weapons. The other works that Jim was overseeing on The Aerandir were almost complete. Many of the crew had been undergoing basic weapons training with moderate success. As he was going over his check list, Jim heard Calembur approaching with three large wagons. Each wagon had two catapults on them. Last of the weapons upgrades chimed Calembur as he pulled the lead wagon to a stop. Jim quickly got a hoist crew together and over the next few hours the 6 catapults were unloaded to the main deck. Calembur then stated the installation on the morn. Jim smiled and said he would see him in the morning...