Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wyllow

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Wyllow »

It took her no time at all to find him.. and as he strode towards her she couldnt help but smile. There was nothing that could ever change the way she thought of him. He had always been kind and a noble soul. In a world were it was easy to become bitter against certain thing, he always stayed the course, being true and helpful to anyone that needed it. He had worked hard to prepare this vessel. He deserved to walk with his head held high.

Yes, it certainly is a beautiful day. She replied to his greeting. She blushed. She was a sucker for a bath anytime. She then grinned mischievously. I was thinking the same yesterday. You've become wild. She teased him, as she moved a lock of hair behind his ear. At his suggestion she smiled. Oh, a hammock? That sounds delightful. The thought of taking the time to just be with him hadn't even crossed her mine, but knowing that it could be interrupted at a moments time, she'd jumped at the chance.
She nodded as he spoke, then smiled. Wouldn't you want to know? Again she teased him. It was a large one, I admit. I have not seen one that large in a long while!

She loved the feel of him near her. His kiss was nonchalant, but something she loved. His arm around her, they moved in the direction the hammock had been constructed in. I was thinking of a little salmon and bacon.. maybe a little lemon. Sound tempting? She asked, smiling, but, she knew better.

As they arrived, she waited for him to climb in first.. She pointed a wiggling finger at the swaying obsticle. .. This might be tricky. How about you get in first, and then I will attempt to not spill us onto the floor! She chuckled knowing she sometimes was a clutz at best.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv laughed as she asked him to get in first. He knew she felt clumsy, and even more so of late after coming out of the temple. He climbed in and motioned for her to join him. As she began to climb in, Tuv sported a wicked grin and acted like he was going to tip the hammock. Before Wyl could react, he quickly reached up and grabbed her pulling her down on top of him and almost causing them both to tumble out. His heartfelt laughter could be heard across the decks of the ship. Tuv didn't care. He had all he wanted in the world at that moment.
As they laid back in the hammock, curled up in each others arms, Tuv refelcted back to how similar this was to that first fateful day 10 years ago when we was laying barefoot on the grass near the river outside of Widu where they first met. They had been through a lot together and he would not change any of it. It had made them each stronger and continued to draw them closer together. He was content and at peace and just wanted to be in Wyl's loving arms.
He happily spent the next several hours laying there with Wyl looking up at the clouds and debating with her watch each of the clouds looked like. Yes a simple childlike action, but he could care less as he was thankful for what he had been given in her and that she was indeed able to join him on this grand adventure.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captains Long -- The Aerandir -- 16 March 1663
Today we set sail out of Athena with a general plan to head to the Northwest. This was based upon information gathered from local fishermen and the Harbor Master in Athena. The winds were favorable today and the skies mostly sunny. Crew morale remains high and many are eager to see what Sam and Wyl do with a rather large Salmon that Wyl acquired in Athena. It is amazing how well this crew works together and how all have bought in to the wandering spirit of this adventure. If the weather holds we will drop sails and do some fishing and possible swimming in some waters recommended to us. Jim feels we should reach those waters in no time. No plans are set as of yet beyond that. The plan is to have a relaxing day to allow the crew to have some fun. Hoping Jerry will break out his mandolin and play a few melodies.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of The Aerandir

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv woke up early as was customary for him. He rolled over carefully so as to not disturb Wyl and just laid there watching her sleep for a bit. He loved her and having her back by his side was a great blessing. He still at times had difficulty believing she had truly come back from basically being dead. Slowly he got out of bed as he did his best not to disturb Wyl. He quickly washed up, got dressed, and then grabbing one of Wyl's orange ribbons, he tied his hair into a ponytail behind his neck.
He exited their cabin just as the sun was cresting the horizon. The skies were clear today and the breeze was very light. They had reached the general area of the fishing grounds, that the fishermen in Athena had mention, shortly after sunset. Tuv went up to the Helm to see how things were. Jim was already up there and greeted him as he arrived. They consulted and agreed they were just to the west of the reef area the Harbor Master had mentioned. As a result they decided drop anchor and enjoy the day and give the crew a day off from normal duties.
As the sun crested higher, Tuv was taken back by just how clear the waters looked. He could see several fish moving about the waters. After the anchor had taken hold, Tuv gave the order to lower and secure the sails and instructed the crew to stand down. He then took off his shirt, boots, and socks and set them by the door to his cabin. He then told the crew to throw the rope ladder over the starboard rail and secure it. Tuv then headed over to the deck rail. He then climbed up on it. Surveyed the waters nearby and then dove into the waters. The water was cool as he swam under the surface. He came up and gave a shout of joy as he swam over to the rope and climbed back up. He invited others to do the same if they so desired. He wrung out what water he could from his pants as he made his way back to his cabin door. He smiled and chuckled to himself over this simple pleasure as he got redressed.
Just as he finished, Sam brought up a platter of breakfast treats and some tea for the Helm's watch crew. Tuv grabbed some treats and some tea and took a seat up on a barrel near the helm as he enjoyed the morning and watched the impromptu diving competition breaking out amongst the deckhands.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The afternoon seemed to fly by as they rested and watched the clouds together. It reminded her of times past. She could go on like this forever, but knew she was fortunate in the right now. It was all too soon that she had to get up and make her way to the Galley to aid Sam. She did so with a groan, as she sat up slightly. Turning on her side she smiled, then kissed him. I will see you later... she said, and before he could speak, she slipped from the Hammock.

In the Galley, she met Sam as he was bring things out they would need. Sam was a fully able and capable cook, but she liked a little bit of fineness. Being a cook on a ship meant making sure everyone was fed first, taste, was far down the lines of concern. He set out the basics. I think this is going to be a treat! She said with a grin, then moved around near Sam and searched through some baskets she had hung up in a corner when she had come onto the vessel.

Onions, yes, Bacon.. yes, herbs, yes.. and cheese, stale bread.. that too, oh and milk ...and 1 lemon should do. She gave Sam instructions to ready the fish with usual seasonings but she wanted to it cut into 4 portion sized sections. She would then stuff it with some onions, bacon, oiled and seasoned bread crumbs and herbs, topped with a slice of lemon. All to be cooked slowly in the oven when the time was right to avoid it being over cooked. She then located potatoes and began to cut them as thin as possible.. She searched and found a nice pot and cut and layered seasonings, onions, dash of flour on every layer and.. a sprinkle of grated cheese, and poured a bit of milk over it.

Turning to Sam once more, she gave instructions for cooking the potatoes - and that it was not a dish to be stirred. It too would be cooked in the oven at a lowered temperature, but would need to cook for much longer than the fish. For the most part their work was done, so they both cleaned up after the potatoes were set to start cooking. She checked the potatoes time and again to know when to put the abundant amount of fish into the oven.

While she waited, she settled to play some dice.. It wasnt long before she heard some of the crew coming down to eat. She set out the display, while reserving a couple plates for herself and Tuvoria. The fish had turned out better than she could have hoped and the potatoes delish. She handed out plates as the men seemed to eat in shifts. It made sense. And the meal seemed to be enjoyed. She felt a sense of satisfaction as she watched them all eat.

The light sound of the door closing woke her. Rolling over, she knew Tuv was already gone. She yawned and stretched lazily. She lay there a little while longer, warm and cozy in their bed. It was smaller than she was used to, but comfortable enough for the two of them. She smiled as thoughts of her dreams filtered back into her mind. They were good dreams.. dreams of a future that featured her husband and their life together. Not many could say they dream of their current life. As the scene played over in her mind, she felt her heart swell. It was late though.. well passed time to get up.

It was then that she realized the ship was not moving. A gentle pitch here and there, but the rush of the water as it passed was not heard. They were fishing today. OOh thats right! Dressing quickly, as she emerged, her eyes immediately searched for her husband. She found him sitting upon a barrel munching on what she could only figure would be a bite of breakfast. Making her way towards him, she then noticed what seemed to be splashing and chaos overboard. So this is what men at play looks like? She laughed as she came to a stop before him. She looked him over, his hair wet, she shook her head slightly. And I see you were likely the ring leader? she teased. Good morning you. She said softly and kissed his cheek before turning to the rather large platter that was sitting upon a table near by. She selected a couple things then returned to Tuvoria side. So are we catching fish with our hands today? If I'd known, I'd have dressed differently. Again, she teased him. Taking a bite, she watched them all as they enjoy themselves
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv laughed at the light hearted teasing that Wyl was giving him. He had missed that and her sense of humor was one he had missed while she was in limbo. He took a sip of his tea and then replied as he shook his hair trying to possibly splash her. "I may have had a play in it. The water was fine and its good for the morale of the crew to have some fun on a regular basis. Besides for some of these guys it is the only time they take a bath." Tuv then took the ribbon out of his hair and gave it another good shake. "We indeed are going to fish. The supplies and tackle are on the other side of the main deck under the rail. I plan to cast a line or two in a bit. The morning has been so good and the tea relaxing that I just wanted to sit back and relax with the crew for a bit. Now what are we going to do with this 'wild' hair of mine."
Tuv continued to sit for a bit enjoying the morning with Wyl and sipping the rest of his tea before he took her by the hand down to the Port side main deck rail, where he set up a few small crates to sit on and grabbed the fishing gear. He set up a line for both himself and Wyl, handed her a pole, and then cast his own line overboard, sat down, and waited to see what fate had instore.
"whoever catches the least has to clean the cabin tomorrow" Tuv said as he gave Wyl a good kiss.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She took the pole he handed her and smiled. Oh, You are on! She knew all about fishing...or rather how it took ages to even get a bite sometimes. She watched as he took a seat and settled next to him. She had no doubt that she would lose this contest, but it didnt matter. A loss for her was still a win.

A light breeze picked up and moved Tuvs wild hair about. An indication it was at least beginning to dry. As soon as your hair is dry, I will get my brush and secure it for you. She said, glancing his way once or twice. The man next to her was too handsome for his own good. This task before us might take a while. She winked at him, but just then a tug on her pole had her nearly squealing with delight. I've got something! Oh my! Did you see that??!?... she started pulling in the line. Amazement in her voice. A bite on the line was the easy part, getting the fish on deck would be quite another.

She looked at him with the excitement of a child but also panicked as well, the race was on to get it pulled in. Do I win anything for the first fish in the boat? Cocky wasnt something she did often and she probably shouldn't count her chickens before they hatched, but she couldnt help the excitement. Oh, come on you silly thing! Get up here... She continued to tug and finally the fish popped over the side and onto the deck. Her face sank.

Aww... its a shoe! And a SMALL one at that! She hadnt realized he had stood up during her excitement, but she plopped right back down next to him. Well shoot. She shook her head and laughed.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv was expecting to be ribbed and teased when he saw the end of Wyl's pole bend over. The friendly banter they had and enjoyed with each other was always a favorite part of his day. In the excitement of the first catch, he had temporarily forgotten about the jokes regarding his hair. When he saw it was a shoe, it was all he could do to not burst out laughing. Instead he decided to have a bit of fun.
"you know Wyl, I do love a good fillet of sole. However, that looks like it might be as tough as leather. Maybe we need some different bait."
He then feigned like he was going to pick her up and toss her overboard.
"naw, I don't think using sweets would draw anything in"
Tuv was then caught up in his own excitement as his pole bent over. He was looking to turning the tables on Wyl with the first catch of the day. His excitement was quickly squashed when he got his catch up out of the water and watched as a small crab let go of his line and splashed back into the water.
"well it looks like we are both tied at zero each. I know this crazy mop on my head needs some help. You are free to work your magic on it once again. I can only do so much with it myself, and I don't have a good hat to hide it under out here.
He chuckled knowing it was going to be a fun day hanging out with Wyl. He quickly reset his line and cast it once again over the deck rail before taking a seat and playing the waiting game.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captains Log -- The Aerandir 17 March 1663

Today was a down day of relaxation for the crew. We dropped anchor to the west of the reefs south of Surien Lupin. The waters were clear and refreshing. All of the crew took turns swimming and just having some fun and fellowship. Wyllow and myself had some fishing and I must now humble myself as I lost the fishing challenge to her. We shall continue to keep anchor here overnight and in the morning hoist anchor, raise the sails and head northwestward towards the general area of Safine. Hope is to find and acquire some unique items in the capital city and main port of Kiene. From there we shall see where the fates lead us.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of the Aerandir

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv had enjoyed yesterday just having fun with the crew and fishing with Wyl. Even his faithful retriever, Rex, had fun. It was a good day fishing as he managed to actually land 7 fish, despite the slow and interesting start. He had forgotten just how good at fishing Wyl really was and as a result, he was tasked with cleaning up the cabin.
He quietly got out of bed, got dressed, and took a comb to his hair. Wyl was right, as usual, that his hair needed some serious work and help. He gave up and just pulled it into a ponytail and tied it behind his neck. He then quickly and quietly set about straightening up the cabin.
When he was finished he quietly left the room and headed out onto the decks. He gave the orders to hoist the anchor, and raise the sails once the sun was up and to set course towards the capital port of Safina. Jim acknowledged the orders and got the preporations underway.
Tuv then headed down to the Galley. Sam offered to make him something. Tuv declined and said he wanted to take a pot of tea, some eggs, biscuts, bacon, and orange juice on a tray up to his cabin so that he could have breakfast in bed with his wife. Sam smiled and helped him get things ready. Once the tray was done, Tuv headed back up to his captains cabin and brought the tray in. Wyl was still sleeping, or at least pretending to sleep, as he came in. Tuv sat the tray down on the table in the cabin and then walked over to Wyl's side of the bed. He looked down admiring her beauty and giving thanks to the Mages for putting her in his life. He then bent down, kissed her deeply on the lips, and as he finished he tickled her ribs saying "Time to get up sleepy head. I have breakfast here. Care to join me at our little table or shall we have breakfast in bed?"