Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Yes indeed the little one has been a bit, shall we say, playful this morning. The baby did not like my hand on your belly earlier and gave me a few good kicks. Shall we have breakfast my love? We should be in Albrightville come the next high tide.
Tuv then poured two cups of tea and began to spread some sweet honey spread on some of the warm muffins that had been brought up. He also divided some of the cheese and smoked ham between them and handed Wyl a plate.
My day is free for the most part my love. I just need to spend at most an hour with Jim plotting out our course and where we might want to do some hunting, shall we say?
Tuv tried not to laugh as the baby kicked Wyl again almost knocking the saucer on her belly.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She was already worn out when she settled at the table, but the food looked delicious. She gladly accepted a plate and began. That's not that full of a day. I might walk about the deck today and catch a nap a little later. Today seems as it might be a tad tiresome. If it is nice out today, I wouldn't mind a swing in the hammock, even if you get busy. She laughed then as the waif had its say with a swift kick. She looked at her husband in surprise. The antics of this one. She caught the little plate before it could fall.

She looked at her husband and smiled, though she had a mischievous brow. I wonder... if you were this rambunctious.. she glanced sideways at him. We're you into trouble as a young boy? Or were you more of a good little man.. She smiled, never having really thought about their childhoods before. She suddenly was interested. She took a sip of her tea and took a bite of her muffin before her. The taste was all it promised to be.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

" My homeland is way to the Northeast of North Staunchville. I would take months to sail there. As a child I was a bit of a handful if you ask my mother. I was always inquisitive and going out to check things. I felt best away from the cities. I have always felt best and most at ease in the wilds. I was often getting into trouble by going out into the deep woods without anyone knowing. My Grandfather noticed this and as a teenager, he picked up on this and trained me as a scout. This began the foundation of my weapons knowledge. I spent my teen years traveling the northern borders of the elven lands of home as a scout and recon officer for the royal army. I eventually was promoted to the rank of Captain of the Westerland Ghost Scouts. After a long period of leading, the King declared war on a rouge orc horde that kept trying to raid our border towns. After a long patrol, we came home and I found most of my family either killed or taken as a slave. I was forbidden to do anything about it. In fact they wanted to keep me in the capital city and make me a desk warrior." Tuv paused as he looked out the window and took a sip of his tea before continuing.
I resigned my Commission and headed to the Southlands where my cousin and a few other friends lived. I met a few Navy Captains there and my eyes and scouting abilities intrigued a few of them. I then signed on with a ship crew and sailed with them for nearly two years before our ship was blown off course and we came to the area of New Fulleria. I felt drawn to the lands here and left the employment of the ship. That was nearly 20 years ago. I wandered the lands for a long time aiding when and where I could. That was what I was doing when you found me by the river outside of Widu 10 years ago.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She listened to him as he talked some she thought about what they had discussed before, other bits she had either forgotten or had never known of. Her heart broke at some of the sadness in his words. It was as if all beings go through so much when they are young and into adulthood. She didn't know what to say after that. She hadn't meant the conversation to take a deep turn. So she smiled across the table at him. It's been a good life since then. She said softly. I can't imagine my life - our life, had we not met.

She reflected on some thoughts for a moment. How is Gawain? She asked suddenly and looked up at him. It was long ago, but at one point she felt she had acted badly towards him and she felt deep regret about that. Gawain was one of the good ones. Even she knew that. Sometimes one acts out irrationally.. and it leaves a hole within. That was what she felt. She pushed away her thoughts and replaced it with something else. I had someone inquire about us moving to Paz. I thought it was an interesting thought, to be fair.

She quieted a moment to eat a few more bites. Is moving anything you have considered in the last few years?
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv sat contemplating what he had shared and what his life had been and what it was now. Not even his cousin Gawain knew everything about his past and what had brought him here. Tuv even thought about a simple life just working in his wood shop, without the need to stay alert and trained in various weapons. His train of thought was interupted by the question Wyl had proposed.
Well my love, I had never really thought about it. You and the baby have been my focus of late. Keeping the two of you safe has been all I can think about since your return from the realm of limbo."
Tuv stood up, grabbed his teacup, and slowly paced towards the window.
"My life has finally found a sense of peace and belonging since I found you and you have become my partner in life. You being my wife I all that matters to me. As long as I am with you, where I live matters not. Have you been thinking of relocating my love?"
Tuv turned around and looked at Wyl. She seemed to be glowing with a new radiance since she has been pregnant, at least in his mind. He walked over to Wyl, put his cup on the table, and kissed Wyl on the forehead before he sat back down.
"So my love what about your life before we met. I know you had a disfunctional family and that Darius felt that you belonged to him and his clan. I know you also were running from something, like me, in your past and was looking for some sort of belonging and peace when we were brought together in Widu.
Tuv looked down into his cup for a brief moment, before looking back up at his beautiful bride, breaking a smile, and waiting to hear her story.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She watched him as she ate, with slight concern for him. She smiled at his beautiful words. As he walked towards the window, her concern returned before it vanished completely. She smiled then. No, to be fair. It had not even occurred to me to relocate anywhere until it was suggested to me. And it was suggested to me by someone that states that Paz could do well with more goods upon their market. It just made me think that maybe you wanted to be closer to this magnificent ship, was all that was meant by my asking.

I think I would be happy if we visited Paz more so that you could check on things more often, but no, my love. I have not felt the urge to pack up and leave Bravia. I love where we live. She took up her tea as he came to settle back at the table. His further questions made her think back as best she could. So many times we think things and dont share it. She smiled at him warmly. Since the day I met you, you have brought a calming to me. I mean a real calming. I don't know if you remember back to those early days, but I used to go for 'runs', she accentuated the word run, much more often than I ever need to these days.

My early years I don't remember as much as I would like, but I think that was due to traumas. Linden did his best. The times I do remember it was just him and I - and sometimes some of his friends that he called family. I understand now it was his pack, but as for guidance like you had. She smiled, Well, we are not all as fortunate. I learned of what I was not long before I met you. It scared me... the fear I could hurt you, so many other things..

She thought some more before speaking. In the end we all are the creatures we are, but as long as our partners make us better than we were alone, that really is all that matters. There was a time I felt wild and out of control. In fact, I thought things might escalate with this pregnancy.. but it is calm and right. In fact... She broke off, not sure if she should even say anything. She tilted her head a bit before she continued. I have noticed something, but its not of concern really. And we are just fine. So don't worry there. She chuckled. I have been having dreams and you know how that can be... but these dreams have been consistent in something. She furrowed her brow a little, then let it go. She took up another bite to eat before she continued.

Have you thought of baby names yet? She smiled at him, kind of switching the subject, but trying to read his face as well. It is probably time for us to discuss ideas, or at least start to.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

it's a shame my love that so much of your younger days are filled with sorrow and shrouded in pain. I do remember your midnight runs. Im glad I can bring you peace and that you haven't been sucumb to the change. I have thought a bit about names, drawing ob my heritage and what brought us together. Tuv paused a second as he reflected on their life together.
I was thinking if it is a boy, Aldaron, which means "of the trees". If a girl, Kulinia, which is a variation of old elvish for "Orange" or orange blossom.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She smiled lightly and looked away, focusing on her teacup. It is alright. Sometimes our journeys are best remembered from how we rise from the ashes. I know the best was done for me, and I am at ease with that, especially when I could have come to a much worse fate. She thought about the past that they together, had seen and had to deal with. She pushed those thoughts from her mind though and looked up at him.

When it comes to names, I like what you have picked out. She smile warmly again. We are of such similar mind in certain things. Either that, or we are much in-tune with each other. She liked to think a little of both. Some names I have been floating about in my mind; For boys names - Alwyn or Carwyn, Adair or even Daron. Good connections to things that are important to us. Girls names, for me have been a bit more difficult. But so far I like Caitrin, Trina or Coralie. But this gives us some thought at least. And she smiled. Id like to confess a bit more about my dream though and that is that in my dream I saw more than one babe. It could be nothing, of course, just a dream and a little bit of nervousness settling in. She rubbed her active belly, which had calmed quite a bit since her last bite of food.

My size at this mid-state, has me concerned. How big am I supposed to be? I feel good, but I dont want you to worry, but my hunger is just... out of control. I also wonder at how active the child has become and so suddenly. Like there is a war going on in there for space. She laughed. What in the world do we do if there is more than one? She stared at him, a tad bit of concern on her face. I know I am probably just overthinking these things. She let out a steadying sigh. I admit - I am so happy, but I am a bit frightened too.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Put your mind at ease my love. You have never looked more radiant. I do like the names you are considering. They are all beautiful. Your dream is interesting. I've come to learn that sometimes the Mages speak to us in dreams. I am not worried by the thought that we may be blessed with more than one bundle if joy. I know we will love and cherish all that we are given. Now what do say about getting dressed and seeing what the seas are doing today. Tuv then smiled and began cleaning up their breakfast as he watched Wyllow with a loving eye

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv and Wyl spent the rest if the day wandering about the Aerandir as she sailed over calm waters to ward's Albrightville. They spent the following day in Albrightville chopping wood and making arrangements to acquire more. When they returned to the ship plans were set in place to head north towards Navy Island for some fishing. Before they knew it they were sitting at the harbor entrance to Navy Island awaiting the tide and the sun.