Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes? (for Fenians to answer only)

Yes
18%
No
53%
Unsure
No votes
If harm was done
29%

Total votes: 17

Melusine

Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

Post by Melusine »

I received a mail today reporting a brawl in the tavern, I was unsure what to really do with it. There is nothing against it as far as I can see in the Decrees, possibly under harm but really the attacked doesn't really get any real harm if they eat each day.

I vote No at this time as I really can't see it being an issue and I responded that there was nothing in place about foes, did write to both involved a letter to see if there was anything I could help with but other then that I really can't see any point getting involved as I see it not so much a Kingdom issue but rather a personal tiff (of course this is in RP situations of Secfenia, other situations would of course be a matter for admin).

I have noticed through personal events that the attacker loses alignment. So its possible the attacker is doing themselves more harm than the attacked depending on there alignment preferences.

However any opinions on this would be very handy and it would be nice to know what the people of Fenia would like to see done in these situations.

(the option to change your vote is turned on)

EDITED: to add option if harm was done
Last edited by Melusine on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athnal

Re: Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

Post by Athnal »

If one eats in 1-2-1-2 system, and is tired every second day, lose of stats is possible in case of foe attack?
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I would say its possible, I have been attacked probably somewhere around 12 times or more and in that time I've had the event of loss of health point two or three times, which of course doesn't effect me at all. If you were unfortunate to lose a health point on a 1hp eaten day and were weak then that would be harm done and possibly end up on charges maybe?

Actually in that situation even on a 2hp eaten day it would produce the effect of two 1hp eaten days in a row
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

When a foe in the tavern made me cry, friends came to help me and defended me. I would very much like to help them in return, so yes, I would like to take a stance with my big brothers and big sisters.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Have changed my vote to if harm was done
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

is it possible for, let's say, 10 people, chose same person as a foe? If they would attack him succesfully, the person might get killed due to loss of health?
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I would call that bullying myself and in my opinion should be reported to admin.

However I think that would need to be checked with Zachrin

I estimate that its a 1 in 4 chance of losing a health point that is a lot of people, especially if they were fit.

If fit, that's 2hp then it would take I think 4 days to die that is then a needed 10hp at the 1/4 you would need at least 40 people to add to foe at the same time that is a massive case of bullying.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

40 or not, it would be assasination.

If harm is done, attacked person should be able to look for justice. I vote "yes". Punishment should be proportional to harm.
Bloodwyvern

Post by Bloodwyvern »

why? its there personal business. The strong against the weak. If the weak continue to fight rather than fleeing and as such suffer. This is their fault. Its personal business nothing to do with the government.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Law is also about defending weaker against stronger. Violence itself is kind of crime. If someone is constantly attacking me, I risk lose of stats if I wish to eat 1-2-1-2 system. I don't consider it bullying, like Mel said. I believe this could be way to assasinate someone. There's no difference if you will be killed on the node or in the city. In fact, being attacked within town walls, seems much worse crime for me than simple robbery. I am not saying, that everyone attacked by his foe must run to court, but there should be such possibility.