Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes? (for Fenians to answer only)

Yes
18%
No
53%
Unsure
No votes
If harm was done
29%

Total votes: 17

Melusine

Re: Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

Post by Melusine »

Mazork wrote:Mazork thinks for a moment before he speaks up: "Is it the human way that your king and his armies... meddle... in personal feuds?" The orc sounds puzzled. "Are human children not taught to fight their own battles?"
Actually Mazork if you take note at the very first post I made here you will see that I am after the opinions of others after a witness reported a brawl to me. I couldn't see anything to be done by the kingdom at all if anything I believe it is giving the people of Fenia a say in what they want done. In that particular case there would be nothing done regardless there was no harm as far as I'm concerned.

As far as meddling I do not believe this to be the case at all but you are entitled to feel that way, but is it not a part of my job to act on reported crimes/activities? Regardless of my opinion on the situation because I believe I can only act on this in an appropriate manner (since its not actually breaking any decrees) if I know whether or not these things are to just be ignored/looked into/acted upon. I mean lets be honest if any harm was done I could use the decrees however I'm not sure if the people of Fenia want victims of foes to be aided in a legal way or not especially since its such a cool feature to the game. And lets be honest ignoring it is much less work for me.
Dragon_De_Mori wrote:As far as i am concerned there is nothing wrong with a bar brawl.... Hence why i serve in the militia every chance i get... i get to break them up. Now if someone was to take the extreme and a bunch of people all attack at the same time with the intent of killing someone, then guess what... Murder, plain and simple. Accessory to Murder for each.

A fist fight... no harm no foul... you win some you lose some... Murder... only in self defense allowed.
Dragon, I like this a lot :)

What is self defense though? would it have to show a history of being attacked or how would that be defined?
That would fit under a vote of if harm was done right? but extreme harm?

Looking at the vote results so far it appears the people of Fenia are voting for it to be ignored completely even in the case of murder if that is what you want I'm not worried just don't yell or complain if it happens and you want justice for it
Yes 27% [ 3 ]
No 55% [ 6 ]
Unsure 0% [ 0 ]
If harm was done 18% [ 2 ] x
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

I think it's unlikely that one can be murdered by being a foe of many people.

I have had a foe for the past week and only fought once, and I believe no harm was done. So even if 20 people have the same person as foe, what's the chance that enough people do harm to the foe on the same day?
Dragon_De_Mori

Post by Dragon_De_Mori »

Mar 20, 1650 5:00 am: You saw pygmental starting a brawl in the tavern and stopped their fight against Melusine.

Yes you can see who started the fight.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Yes that is where I'm not attacking back, however on one day when we both attacked it was still just one of us that started that event does not mean that both were not attacking each other.

Does it give two events if both are attacking or could it be the one that starts it is just random? not sure if that could be a self defence if it shows the same thing when both are, I guess in that case though it would be up to the other one to show that they did also attack maybe

I think its about 1 in 4 chance of losing a health point only going by my own events though would be interesting what others got and I'm not sure if it would happen either really
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Melusine wrote:Actually Mazork if you take note at the very first post I made here you will see that I am after the opinions of others after a witness reported a brawl to me. I couldn't see anything to be done by the kingdom at all if anything I believe it is giving the people of Fenia a say in what they want done. In that particular case there would be nothing done regardless there was no harm as far as I'm concerned.

As far as meddling I do not believe this to be the case at all but you are entitled to feel that way, but is it not a part of my job to act on reported crimes/activities? Regardless of my opinion on the situation because I believe I can only act on this in an appropriate manner (since its not actually breaking any decrees) if I know whether or not these things are to just be ignored/looked into/acted upon. I mean lets be honest if any harm was done I could use the decrees however I'm not sure if the people of Fenia want victims of foes to be aided in a legal way or not especially since its such a cool feature to the game. And lets be honest ignoring it is much less work for me.
"I... see," the orc replies, but his unsure voice reveals that he does not completely understand. "If it is crime in the human lands to have an enemy, then it is duty of... law enforcement to punish the criminal. In Gro'nerach K'ior, fraig murd, a cowardly murder, was punished with execution, but there was no crime in markrt skrigg, a fair fight."

((OOC: Mind you, what is generally considered "fair" among orcs is not necessarily considered fair among humans. :P))
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Aengus wrote:I think it's unlikely that one can be murdered by being a foe of many people.

I have had a foe for the past week and only fought once, and I believe no harm was done. So even if 20 people have the same person as foe, what's the chance that enough people do harm to the foe on the same day?

I never had any foe myself so I based my view on other's opinions. Now these brawl looks pretty harmless. No harm no fault I guess. However in case there something actually happens, personally I would like to have option to bring it before the court. I think actual decree is sufficient though.
Dragon_De_Mori

Post by Dragon_De_Mori »

If what i have learned is indeed accurate and i have absolutely no doubt in my source, Foe fighting in town will only lead to the maximum of dying status. So even if some poor soul was ganged up on, they would be left battered and dying, but not beaten to death.

Outside of the walls... well let's not go there.

So honestly, if you made an enemy, watch your back is all i can say. As for it being illegal... It would truly be a waste of time.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I am pretty sure a few number of powerful Bravians have me on their foe list. I do not think they like me anymore. 8-)
Jason

Post by Jason »

The only issue which will ever violate the Laws of Fenia regarding fights is if murder happens, murdering another being is a crime whether be a Bravian to Fenian or Fenian to Fenian and possibly a Fenian to Bravian (depending on Bravia's laws)
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Sorry but I consider losing stats as a violation as well. I would take it to the Royal Court or beat the *sweets* out of his miserable body.