Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes? (for Fenians to answer only)

Yes
18%
No
53%
Unsure
No votes
If harm was done
29%

Total votes: 17

Bloodwyvern

Re: Should the Kingdom of Fenia take a stance on foes?

Post by Bloodwyvern »

*shrugs* if your not strong enough to solve your own conflicts, you deserve to no shelter from another. Its not an entitlement.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Believe me, I am strong enough to solve not only mine problems, but also my neighbours problems. And I would do it with pleasure. State relies on everyone of us, one can offer his sword and shield, other his mind or heart. I think it's common knowledge and anyone who seriously consider this subject knows it.

Every honest citizen must have right to ask goverment for a shelter, for defence. Otherwise we will be nothing more but wild barbarians waving their axes at foes.
Bloodwyvern

Post by Bloodwyvern »

I think the rite of combat is important, if people can't deal with it they should prepare themselves before walking into their enemies arms.
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

I'm too scared to go outside now :cry:
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Outside of what? Your house? Your foes will find you within walls of city and surely in your bed. But according to Blood you must deal with it all by yourself.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Blood, I personally disagree that if weak then deal with it yourself I think its unfair although I am not dismissing your opinion in any way or form but I do think there should be a protection available especially for newer players at least.

What about in the case where there are multiple attacks without any retaliation?

I think maybe could set up some guidelines, even out of the actual court, things like a loss of a stat point in the case where there was no retaliation could be something simple like doing a days work for the attacked for a lower wage or even the replacement of the stat through the giving of the food to regain the stat lost just ideas.

However I do agree if both are attacking each other then that's just bad luck for you

Added:

What about if you were attacked for a long time and did retaliate then to try and stop it yourself?

In cases where actually being harassed by the attacker what then?

Could move town I suppose but that could be very unfair to have to move and who is to say they wouldn't follow

And on a more personal note, my attacker is attacking due to something I did in another realm would coming after them after weeks be wrong? I did retaliate twice I think when he first started. I'm thinking it is wrong since the reason is from a different realm but they are attacking here so does that make the retaliation justified? I think cause I know it doesn't belong here it shouldn't be, but its still multiple attacks ashame he wouldn't met me out of town could have had this over and done with.
Mazork

Post by Mazork »

Mazork thinks for a moment before he speaks up: "Is it the human way that your king and his armies... meddle... in personal feuds?" The orc sounds puzzled. "Are human children not taught to fight their own battles?"
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hmm...well let us not conflict with the Mages doings. We are entitled to have foes and be furious against one another, that is just us. This is a natural thing in life which no Decrees can ever change, if it were to get very serious such as cursing then it would be the Mages issue I believe, and if it were to be harming someone which is of Fenia (Fenian) then it would conflict with the King's Decrees and such would be punished. These are facts based on the Law.
Dragon_De_Mori

Post by Dragon_De_Mori »

Ok folks let's look at this from the two truly possible angles shall we?

1. Starting a fight with another... Without a true witness it would honestly be one person's word against another. (Yes you could screen shot the incident, but let's stay in RP for this purpose.) Now the legal system would be choked with he said, she said.

2. We make fighting a foe illegal. With all due respect would kinda take away from making the most out of the realm. And since when has it been illegal to have a dispute with a neighbor?

As far as i am concerned there is nothing wrong with a bar brawl.... Hence why i serve in the militia every chance i get... i get to break them up. Now if someone was to take the extreme and a bunch of people all attack at the same time with the intent of killing someone, then guess what... Murder, plain and simple. Accessory to Murder for each.

A fist fight... no harm no foul... you win some you lose some... Murder... only in self defense allowed.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hmm...Dragon is right. You can never take a person's right of combat, unless it is direct murder.