Chop chop

Moderator: Community Team

Eira

Chop chop

Post by Eira »

The sun had yet to rise and the early morning was a bit chilly. Eira leaned on her axe and looked at the Marquess' Manor. It sure looked like a beautiful place outside but if she knew her normal friend right it would be rather dull inside. The grass crunched a bit under her feet as she walked over it. Peeking inside a low window, she couldn't see any movement inside. Eira took a thin piece of metal from her bag and managed to open the hatch on the inside. It was easy, a bit too easy. She would let her friend know that.

Eira had been right. There was barely any furniture yet the manor was big. She saw some paintings in some rooms which she admired from a distance. She didn't move closer as she had a destination. Sounds could be heard, pots and plates - most likely the servants making breakfast. Eira listened carefully but didn't hear any servant nearby. Athnal's bedroom would most logically be upstairs she figured and walked up the stairs. Ah yes, that looked like the bedroom door. Eira opened it carefully not trying to make any sound and raised the axe in the other.
Athnal

Re: Chop chop

Post by Athnal »

As usually Athnal was "working" till late night hours and therefore first rays of sun met him enjoying very deep dream. He dreamt of climbing extremly high mountain. There was small wooden hut at the top of it. When he reached it, exhausted and hardly breathing it was like a cup of chicken soup for a hangover morning. He knocked the doors and waited for response. A smoke rose from the chimney, which had to be a portent of a delicious meal. Soon young lady opened. She wore skimpy dress, hers fair hair glittered in the sun. She invited him inside. Cosy, wooden interior reminded him of house of his mother. Lady smiled beautifuly and offered him a plate of warm soup. He took off his coat and hat, sat down and asked her, if he could get a jug of lager. She nodded and went to the kitchen. His gaze followed her carefully. Athnal tasted meal and let his thoughts drift toward kitchen. It was amazing because when she came back, instead of jug she wielded an axe.

Athnal fidgeted in his black silk bedding. He slightly opened one eye and saw Eira standing in his bedroom's doors.

"Oh, it's you Eira, come back to bed"
he murmured and nestled back in his bed. After a second he rapidly woke up and sat straight.

"What the...? What is this? A-a-an assault? Already?" his blue eyes were bigger than coins, he couldn't take them off of an axe she had in hers hand.
Eira

Post by Eira »

With a cry of a warrior Eira raised the axe, holding it in both her hands now, over her head and aimed at the bed frame at the foot of the bed. It split almost in half. She tried to pull the axe loose but it was stuck. Pulling harder, it let go but Eira fell backwards falling on her behind on the floor. Giggling she rose up, leaving the axe on the floor and sat on the edge of Athnal's bed. "Did I hear right, was I invited back to bed? Back to your bed? First time I've ever visited it." she winked at him and laughed, seeing he was still surprised.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

When Eira started screaming, Athnal jumped out of the bed, quickly wrapping himself into coverlet. He grabbed his head as she splitted his bed frame and started his usual complaining:

"Oh my Zachrin! Eira, why did you do it? What...? Why...? Gah!"

He was too shocked to ask any real, logical question. Eira started pulling axe out of bed and fell on her behind. He found it comical but was worried if she's okay. He sighed with relief, it was only her, not assasin. Still he was stunned with whole situation and felt a bit awkward wearing only his new silk toga. He waited for any explanation.
"Did I hear right, was I invited back to bed? Back to your bed? First time I've ever visited it."
"I..I..sorry I was still dreaming." he rubbed his sleepy eyes, holding toga with other hand. She laughed. "What time is it? What are you doing here?" he stared at his bed "An axe? Why? Who let you in with this...terrible tool?!"
Eira

Post by Eira »

Seeing as Athnal didn't want his bed any more, Eira laid down on it on her stomach, resting her head in her hands. "Mm.. dreaming yes.. Must've been some nice dreams." Eira examined Athnal toes to head, back to toes and his hairy legs. "As for who let me in.. why, you invited me. I decided to let myself in. Did I come at a bad time?" She asked the last bit jokingly.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Watching Eira lying on his bed, Athnal automatically improved his hairstyle and smiled. However rigor returned on his face immediately when he once again realised what is happening. He listened her and said:

"You don't feel like you need to explain anything, do you?" but then again she was lying there so innocently and yet very tempting what softened his heart and mind "eh...it was nice dream indeed." he sat on a chair, near bed, just in case "You let yourself in you say. I must make sure to hire some guards in future. It's not bad time, it's a bed time. What's the deal with this axe? Couldn't you knock? You wanted me to get a heart attack?"
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira giggled, Athnal was quite funny.. she could see there was some kind of conflict in his mind. "Guards would be good I agree, and look over the windows too. They are a bit easy to open. Did you just say bed time? Its morning dear! You should be awake and do your duties." She got up from his bed and picked up the axe from the floor. "Don't be silly, you're too young for a heart attack. And the axe.. I kinda like it. Bought it from the town hall, from you it must be then, mm? And speaking of duties... you have been absent from military training. I figured this would be a good reminder." She smiled at him sweetly.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

"Yes but I don't want to fall into the paranoia...I know I am not people' favourite lord but I hope I am far from being assasinated. My duties are doing fine don't worry." She got up and picked axe like she wanted to leave. Probably she didn't want to make herself too comfortable on his bed though. Then he made mental note to watch closer to people TH sells axes to. "I've missed a training? We have trainings?" He couldn't believe this girl is reprimending him. She was probably "wife-type" of woman. Or very cheeky, sweetly smiling young girl. This way or another, he decided to keep her around some time. "Would you fancy eating a breakfast with me?" He quickly looked out of the window to make sure it wasn't already dinner time.

Athnal congratulated himself purchase of the cream reducing the wrinkles from a mysterious merchant in one of the darkest corners of Widu. Apparently his magic was working.
Eira

Post by Eira »

"I would've thought you already were paranoid! Glad to be proven wrong. And yes Marquess, we have trainings." Eira rolled her eyes. Her expression changed from mockery to pleasant surprise when he asked her to have breakfast with him. "Breakfast.. lovely smells from the kitchen when I passed it. Maybe I can learn a new recipe or two. Should I leave you to get dressed? Just don't forget your weapon."
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

"Get dressed...yes, it might be a good idea." he get up from the chair and started to look around for some clothes, when he finally found it, he muttered "you can wait in the hall, it will take only a moment" his gaze followed Eira to the doors. Once again he looked at the bed and sighed. While dressing he wondered what possibly is waiting for him in a dining room.