[ORP] Shrouded In Mystery (Vandor's Tales)

Moderator: Community Team

Maria

Re: [ORP] Shrouded In Mystery (Vandor's Tales)

Post by Maria »

"It's a pleasure to meet you Vandor. And you too Alex! Always interesting to put a face to a name. Or is it a name to a face... or a name to a place... or a place to a ... hmmm." She gets a little lost in her confusion but snaps back quickly. "Well, I'm sure you understand my meaning."

She watches the dwarf walk over to the Temple and then return while she and Vandor are talking. "I do appreciate your offer to help. Sometimes we need extra defenders. Paz is a quiet town but we still have some wild parties and revolt attempts that need to be squished. But we don't squish the wild parties really, we actually try to keep them going. Unless of course there's too much noise and people not at the parties can't sleep. Then we have to call the sleep police to come and squish the rabble rousers and I usually try to leave the party before that happens so I don't get caught rabble rousing. Though Datron's very good at it really. Have you met Datron yet? Oh, and speaking of Datron I must get home and feed my fox, which is not Datron of course but Datron gave me a fox and he must be fed so I have to go now but it was wonderful meeting you both and I hope to see you again soon. Maybe we should meet in the tavern tomorrow. Ok, toodles!"

With a flutter she's off, thinking all the way home about their nice conversation and wondering why they were so quiet and didn't talk much.
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

He nodded, his attention entwined by the nonstop cavalcade of commentary by Maria. Before he had time to respond, or even to understand everything she had just spouted forth, he watcher her flutter away. Shaking his head and laughing sat down to watch the passersby on the road.
Alex31

Post by Alex31 »

Well it was nice of Our Mayer to talk to us. Thought the Dwarf to himself..

"Hey so Vandor, what do you think of her proposal?

Think we would make good Defenders? I really wouldn't like to be the local Dwarf everyone hates for ruining the parties but It would help us get some expirence!
I'm seriously tiered of spending all day cleaning windows.."
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

"Well said Alex! Windows can be good now and then, but people of our particular skills would need something a bit more challenging." He stood then and waved to the other, "I'm heading to the lake to stake out a good spot for the fishing challenge. Take care of yourself."
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

As the dappled sunlight hit him through the trees he allowed the gentle warmth and the peace at being in this calm town envelope him and he dozed off, sitting on the ground near the water. It was a quiet part of the lake, just under a tree and the tuft of grasses and moss on which he lay was more comfortable to him than the beds at the inns in town. He awoke a few hours later feeling quite refreshed, though several large insects had colonized the chest section of his shirt and he chuckled as he lifted them one by one to lay them on the ground. He liked this place and was sure he would return again.
Anjoliquee

Post by Anjoliquee »

As Anjoliquee was walking to her mom's and dad she saw her mom talking with a few people on the side of the road. So she stop to by to say hi to them. She goes to give her mom a big hug and say's ""hello everyone my name is Anjoliquee how are you today. ""
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

"Hello, Anjoliquee," he smiled at her extending his hand. He was aware of who she was but had not had the opportunity to officially speak with her so he was glad for this chance meeting. "It is a pleasure to see you. How are you today?"
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

Long had it been since he had walked the open streets of Paz. Out on adventure he was now again in this, his new home, this Paz. More studied than he was before he brought with him a renewed confidence, and an air of refinement he did not possess when last he'd walked this town. It did feel good to be back, though in essence he'd never left but just remained isolated and quiet as he went about his daily business. Hoping to reconnect with old friends, and even make new ones, he smiled pleasantly as his cloak flapped in the wind behind him.