[ORP] Shrouded In Mystery (Vandor's Tales)

Moderator: Community Team

Vandor

[ORP] Shrouded In Mystery (Vandor's Tales)

Post by Vandor »

It had been quite some time since he had ventured into more populated areas, remaining more or less reclusive. However he had taken a liking to the town of Paz and decided it would be a good place to begin his road towards fortune and glory. Not like these were of paramount priority, but it was good to have goals to reach for in order to guide and give validity to actions performed.

Travelling enrobed in his light cloak, he lowered the hood to reveal his long ears and long hair as he entered the town by the main path. He was not human, that much was clear. He wasn't an elf, either, though many people mistook him for the latter. Content in allowing them to believe thus he seldom corrected them; there were worse things to be thought of than an elf, even a dark one.

He smiled at the warm day and looked around wondering who or what he may encounter.
Alex31

Re: [ORP] Shrouded In Mystery (Vandor's Tales)

Post by Alex31 »

Alex the Dwarf had been in many human towns before, but never thought he would be living in one. After this sister got married, he no longer had a reason to stay in his town and decided to see how the human life was. Just having moved into town, he had no place to spend the night in. He had just fished working at the local temple, hoping he could rest there afterwords, but the priest told him to leave because it would not look good having a dwarf sleeping by the priests.

As he walked aimlessly around town, he asked a few people if they had a place to rest but many would only offer him food or money. He didn't want to look like a beggar so he would just say no and keep looking. He finally saw someone in Paz that wasn't a human. Feeling more comfortable around him, he decided to go ask the Dark looking Elf if he had a place to rest or any type of job.
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

A dwarf of all things approached him. Not that he had anything against them, it was just so unexpected that it took him a moment to recognize that he was just not some shorter human.

"Well met," Vandor bowed, "Nice to meet you. I am a newcomer here myself, though I do have a small dwelling just outside of town. As for work, I don't have much to offer as I only control a single field."
Alex31

Post by Alex31 »

Oh, that will do for now! replied the dwarf in a loud chuckle. I don't take up much room as you can see, my boy. Even the dwarfs in my home town would call me short! Anyways it wouldn't be much of a bother to you right? With out letting the young man awnser, he started walking away. Well let me finish up the temples windows. I'll be here in no time! Just as he was leaving to go clean the temples, a couple of young explorers were making a commotion in the Temple...

The two new acquaintances when to go see what it was they were so anxiously trying to warn the priests about...
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

He was taken a bit aback by the upfront manner of the dwarf. "Well I suppose you could stop by for a visit, but it certainly would not accomodate any form of steady lodging." The words may have been lost on the wind, as that they were spoken the other moved onto his next tast and had seemingly forgotten the question already. Shaking his head and wondering if he'd actually see the peculiar dwarf again, he made for the market to see what was up for sale.
Alex31

Post by Alex31 »

The guys at the temple turned to be nothing more then a couple of drunk travelers claiming to have seen the biggest dragon in the land. The dwarf decided to Ignore them and returned to his take. He decided to wait and see if Vandor would soon return as he had apparently left off in a different direction.

As the day when on, the 2 travelers fell asleep in the temple and Alex had to find a way to drag them out..
"What have I gotten my self into?" Sighed the Dwarf
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

Seeing nothing that struck his fancy to purchase Vandor wandered around town some more, seeing a few people he recognized but mostly not. This town was now his home, so he would need to begin to feel at ease here; still the feeling of being a visitor persisted in his mind and it kept him from reaching outwardly in a social respect to a majority of the people that he passed. Eventually he wandered by where Alex, the dwarf he had met before, was standing and waved to him.

"Hello Alex, how has your day been?"
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria was making her way home after a long day at the office when she saw them. Aware that there were newcomers in town that she had only communicated with through letters sent to the town hall, and being ever so conscientious about making people feel welcome, she fluttered over to introduce herself.

"Good day my friends! I'm Maria Lilliput; wife of Datron, mother of Anjoliquee, Mayor of Paz and fairy extraordinaire who is sometimes forgetful. And who might you be?"
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

A smile broadened on his face at her introduction. He bowed, arms swept back, "A pleasure to meet you in person, Maria. I'd like to thank you for the assistances you've given me though our exchanges through the mail system. I am Vandor, newly settled to Bravia and this town of Paz."

Straigtening he asked, "How are you on this fine day? And of course if there is any way I can be of help, please let me know." He was being a bit more outwardly friendly than he was oft to do, his helpful nature emboldened by the fairy qualities of his Mayor.
Alex31

Post by Alex31 »

"Oh hello" Replied the dwarf as he was having a hard time tying his shoe. "Well Nice to finally meet you in person! I've been working here at the temple like you suggested and been thinking about getting myself a wheat field. I just met Vandor today and we're both new here." Alex then Bowed as he saw that Vandor did. He then hobbled over to the Temple to leave the cleaning materials and call it a day. The priest payed, him and he came back to find the two still chatting.