{CRP via PM} A "harmless" outting

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Arilynn

{CRP via PM} A "harmless" outting

Post by Arilynn »

Chapter One: Drama

Ari held back a scream as her foot caught on a root and she tumbled forward. She skidded across the dirt ground a short distance before being stopped by a tree. She groaned, her eyes fluttering open. She looked around wildly and got up as quickly as she could manage. Things started spinning. She tried to run or change forms, but her steps were stumbles and her form started to shift to a wolf before snapping back to her human form. Distantly, she thought about the water she had been given. Even more distantly, she wondered where Sae was, if she was alright. How could the pleasant day go so wrong? She heard someone catching up to her, and she wanted to scream for help. But her thoughts cut and her voice vanished as she collapsed.

:: A Few Hours Earlier ::

Oh, come on Grams!
Ari teased Sae. Though Sae was her adopted Grandmother, Ari was slightly older, by a few months. Calling her Grams was a light joke.

The sun shined brightly, warming the air. It was a perfect day for a picnic. Which is what Ari and Sae were going to do. Childishly, Ari spun in circles, laughing. When she stopped, she put her hands out to steady her as things spun around her. Ari grinned at Sae.

OOC: If you'd like to join, PM Sae or myself. EDITED TO ADD CHAPTER NAME.
Last edited by Arilynn on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaelaV90

Re: {CRP via PM} A "harmless" outting

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae ran after her adopted granddaughter picnic basket in hand, Sophie running ahead of them.

She had married Ari's adopted grandfather, a dwarf who has been around for a long time, so she now had a granddaughter who was older than her and a stepdaughter, Sophie, who was one. She is nearly 20 herself and she was married and had a granddaughter and a daughter how many 19 year olds could say that.

She catches up with Ari and Sophie and smiles at Ari.

Is this the spot for the picnic Ari?
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari nodded. Most certainly. Perfect little clearing where we can sit in the sun, eh Grams? She grinned impishly. Sae was more like a good friend rather than a grandmother. Of course, when you have a grandmother younger than you, that happens...

Ari sat down on the grass, stretching. Her jade eyes settled on a bird that chirped and twittered in one of the near by trees, before she looked at Sae and Sophie. Ari wasn't normally one who took well to children. She wasn't very good with them either. But Sophie was adorable and touched her heart in a certain way. Maybe it had something to do with her being her Aunt -- a fact that always made Ari laugh.

So, what do we have to munch on today?
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae smiles and sits down next to Ari keeping Sophie in sight for the girl did not listen to her at all other than to cause her trouble. She begins digging through the basket.

Let's see....we have....
sandwiches
apples
cookies
and milk

She places each item on the ground on a plate. She smiles at Ari and Sophie. She calls Sophie over and sits her in her lap.

Shall we dig in?
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari laughed. Indeed, let's! She picked up a cookie and took a bit, chewing thoughtfully. Her mother used to make cookies. They were the best in the world.. This are very good, Grams! Didja make 'em?

She giggled and took another bite. She poured herself a bit of milk. Sipping it, Ari listened to the sounds of the forest around them. It was peaceful. The birds, the insects, the sun, and light breeze. Ari wiped a strand of her dark hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae smiles, the breeze blowing her raven colored hair a bit the sounds of the forest all around.

Yes I made them first time making cookies too well that I can remember I may have made some before my parents died.

She takes one for herself and bites into it. Ari was right these were good. She sips some milk making sure Sophie eats food before she eats a cookie. Of course she doesn't listen and has a cookie in hand before she can stop her.

You are stubborn missy I don't know why you listen to your father only. You obey your father's pet bear more than me.

She sighs and shrugs. She grabs an apple at bites it chewing it slowly looking at the beautiful day. She checks to make sure her bow is nearby for ya never know when an attack can come she had learned that from a very young age.

So what should we do when we are done eating?
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari nibbled on a sandwich when she finished the cookie. Watch, you'll be the one she'll listen to as she gets older, and she won't listen to Gramps at all. She laughed, winking.

As for what we are going to do.. I haven't the faintest. I normally don't plan things -- they just happen. Ari laughed again. Perhaps we can take a walk? Or play some game with Sophie? I dunnae, what do you think?
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

I sure hope so this is getting ridiculous She smiles and laughs.

Sae thinks what to do while nibbling on a sandwich and an apple.

How bout we play with Sophie get her tired enough that she won't run off when we take a walk?
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari laughed. Great plan, Grams. That is why YOU are a mother and I am not. She winked and picked up an apple, taking a crunchy bite. She leaned back, resting on her arm as she let the sun's warmth hit her.

Pretty day, isn't it?
Ari took another bite of the apple, looking at Sae. So, how are you and Gramps doing? Everything well?
SaelaV90

Post by SaelaV90 »

Sae smiles at Ari and takes another bite of her apple.

Yes it is a very pretty day. She takes another bite from the apple.Your gramps and I are doin just fine. We tied in a drinking contest the other night ya know. How is your brother doing?

She finishes off her apple and takes a bite from her sandwich.