[ORP] An Arrival

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Midora

[ORP] An Arrival

Post by Midora »

The lightning flashed and the thunder that followed rattled many a shutter.

A gust of wind blew, stirring the grass and shaking the tree tops violently.

The rain followed, a hard sheet, pounding the drops into the ground.

At the coast, the water churned, great waves throwing spray high up into the air.

One of these waves reached the beach, and with it, a wet bedraggled woman, clinging to what might have once been an elegantly carved door.

Feeling the rough sand beneath her, she releases her life preserve and claws her way up the beach, trying to escape the water that was taunting her, threatening to drag her sodden form down to the deapths.

Coughing, she reaches a mark above where the waves were crashing. The strength in her arms fails her and she collapses, face pressed into the sand, throat burning as she sucks in air.

She closes her eyes and searches inside herself. She was spent. She tries to remember what had caused her to end up in the water.

A word whipsers through her mind, like silk caressing steel- Exile

Her hands curl at the dim memory. She had no idea where she was. All she could hope for was the dawn. The dawn would bring answers. It had to.
Eira

Re: [ORP] An Arrival

Post by Eira »

Eira had a bucket under one arm and a good round stone in her hand. It was a good day to search for Blast Crabs. She whistled all the way to the beach. It didn't take long before one of the fellows peeked its ugly face up from behind a rock. Eira's reflexes instantly went on top, she raises the stone and dashed forward with the cry of a warrior, aiming at the Blast Crab. It couldn't escape, it was HERS! BANG! The crab flew away, spraying up sand in Eira's face. She coughed and rubbed it off her eyes. It wasn't for nothing they were called Blast Crabs... but Eira wasn't one to give up easily. She followed the crab who kept blasting itself away but at last it couldn't use its ability any more and Eira smashed it with her stone. The crab died instantly and Eira poked around inside it. "bah.. the crab used up all its powder!" Eira looked around, of course all the other crabs had been alarmed of the sound of their friend and went in to hiding.

Something caught her eye on the shore. It looked like some washed up seaweed. A whole bunch of it. The morning sun shone into her eyes and she tried to squint to see better. Maybe some crabs hid themselves there. Eira went closer to inspect it
Midora

Post by Midora »

She has finally fallen asleep as the storm died down. She was awaken by a loud blasting noise. Blinking her salt encrusted eyes, she raises her head slightly and catches sight of a pair of feet. She opens her mouth and tries to speak, but her tounge felt dry and swollen. She closed her mouth and swalled thickly, she was able to croak out "water..."
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira drops down on her knees before the woman in the sand who seems to be entangled in seaweed. Many questions popped up in Eira's head but she saw that the woman was desperate for water. All Eira had was orange juice in a pocket flask on her belt. She quickly removed the cap and offered the woman the drink. "Are you alright..?" Eira tried to see if the woman was hurt and carefully removed some of the seaweed.
Midora

Post by Midora »

Midora grasped the offered flask and drank greedly. The salt had parched her. After quenching some of her thirst, she answers the womans question. "I think there is naught wrong me besides a lack of nourishment. But I do not walk easilly unassisted, an old injury." She licks her cracked lips and tries to rise, but she is very weak. She looks at the woman, thanking the mages that she had been found. "I am called Midora."
Eira

Post by Eira »

"That's good. I was afraid you'd be injured. You don't look well.." Eira was relieved to hear the woman speak and being at her senses. "Midora? I'm Eira. Are you heading somewhere? I could help you get there." Eira saw that Midora had trouble getting up and offered her assistance.
Midora

Post by Midora »

"Aye, my body is fine. It will take some time for the mind to heal though." She stands with Eria's help. "I am a stranger in this land, and I have no money. I do have my hands though. If you know of a place where I can work to earn my keep, it is there I will go."
Telsa Ribbontassle

Post by Telsa Ribbontassle »

Telsa had spent the morning on the beach, doing some fencing exercises. Making circles on the sand with the heel of her boot helped her visualize enemies of all shapes and sizes.

Since she was warmed up, her jacket tucked over her shoulders she decided some cartwheels and other acrobatic exercises would be good. Especially considering her age. After a number she fell onto the sand and giggled a bit at herself.

When the bit of dizziness had passed she focused and noticed two figures further on the beach. One seemed to be supporting the other.

"I wonder what is wrong." She said, mostly to herself (besides you never know when the gods listen in) and headed down the beach.

She waved as she got closer to the two women. "Good morning. Is everyone okay?"
Eira

Post by Eira »

"You've come to Fenia. King Project LVI is the ruler here. I'm one of his servants.. I'm sure there is work at the king's castle for you if you'd like to stay." Eira hadn't come very far before Telsa walked towards them with what seemed like a slightly worried face. She hadn't met the woman personally but had seen her at a distance and someone had mentioned her name. "Hello, Telsa Ribbontassle I believe it is..? Midora seems to have had an accident. She needs some rest, I thought to take her to the castle if she agrees to that." Eira looked at Midora to see what she'd say about it.
Midora

Post by Midora »

"I think... I think i have heard of this land before, but I cannot remember." She shakes her head, trying to break through the haze clouding her memories. She quits as it intensifies an ache behind her right eye. She leans heavily on Eira's arm as they walk through the sand. She would have to to fashon herself as cane once she was well.

Midora looks up as another woman comes into view. She bites her lips as she considers Eira's offer, wincing as she causes the skin to crack again. "That sounds acceptable. At least until I can work off my debt. A king was the reason I washed upon these shores in the first place..."

-Flashback-

The ursuper sat on the throne that was once the queens. He was cold, calculating. He held none of the old queen's warmth. Midora knelt infront of him, heavy chains draped around her. Her skin was ashen, dark circles shadowed her eyes. Her staff lay broken at the new king's feet. She raises her eyes to meet his defiantly. A smirk crossed the man's face. He knew the thoughts in her head. He knew why she hated him. He stands and strides to her. Reaching down, he cups her chin in his hand, softly caressing the line of her jaw. Without warning, he strikes her. Her head snaps to the side, the sound of flesh meeting flesh echos through the room. She turns slowly to look at him again, then spits at his feet, the liquid red from a cut newly opened inside her mouth. He curls his lip in disgust and turns on his heel, heading back to the throne, uttering one word as he goes... "Exile."

-End Flashback-

"...It will be some time before I can convince myself to serve in a castle again for an extend period of time."