(ORP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Moderator: Community Team

Adonair

Re: (RP)Hells Gate- Home of Firechild

Post by Adonair »

"Firechild and I have a contract." Adonair explains matter of factly, "inform her that the lake is moved and that her meat is delivered. I will leave it by the gate and cover it with a simple illusion. Tell her I will return at a more opportune moment."

Only the damned and the worst kind of fool would enter hell's gate without assurance of safe conduct. Adonair backs away from the gate. He unhitches the cart full of kintapur kimchee and covers it with an illusion that makes it appear to be a boulder. Adonair considers what other treasures he might gain from the succubus and what he might offer in return. He also works out in his mind the wand of fire he wishes to construct with one of his prized blood diamonds. Before heading home, he waits a moment to see if the imp has anything else to say.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Smelling the meat Firechild smiles, that is exactly what she needed...to feed...slowly she gathers her strength and walks to the gate where Adonair is unhooking the cart. Wizard...surely you would not leave with out atleast a hello, and you have to come in to leave...there is no na die out here. Though you could majik yourself out, not too sure how that would work though. Things are different here with majik. She sends the imp to the kitchens with the meat... Don't mind this one she would not be happy with the consequences of her possessing a human soul. Holding her head she walks to the chaise and relaxes again. Her majik regenerating slowly as she relaxes, her color begins to return as the dragon comes around, sniffing and coughing as he awakens. rolling over on his belly he just sits there and watches the goings on...his mind and body are aching. A collar comes from the floor and chains him in place forthe safety of the human.

Alaguar, I can hear your thoughts...this is to insure his safety...you will be released as soon as he leaves... Her majik drained again she rests....
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair was surprised when the small demon moved the cart with a ton of meat on it with no difficulty. Then he heard Firechild's voice and smiled.

"Ah, I did not realize you were in. Your butler indicated you weren't taking visitors." Adonair enters with the donkey.

"I have this beast under a charm, but its is the orneriest donkey in Cork. Kicking people, dumping loads and generally being difficult. I figured it was hellbound anyway and thought you might find some use for it, possess it formally or something like that, or just trade it to the kitchen, it would be an oddity if not a delicacy," he leads the beast to Firechild. The donkey's eyes are wide with fright but under the spell it can only obey. It knelt down at her feet.

"The dragon seems rather subdued today, mind if I take it out for a spin?"

Adonair chuckles at the infuriated look the dragon gives him knowing that it is obviously under Firechild's control and can't hurt him. He doesn't really want to ride the dragon though, he is only having a bit of fun.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Smiling at the Wizard's humor she cannot help but laugh at the look on he dragon's face as he realizes that he is the butt of the joke. Alaguar, is a little tied up at the moment...though if you step too closely you will have an intimate view of his teeth, he is in a mood. You see when one sacrifices themselves to another here they become powerless over their master/mistress. He is now my dragon and cannot attack unless I allow him to anyway, the chains are merely for your safety until he becomes more used to being owned and I have restored my majik. The imp, yes she is ill tempered and though strong beyond belief, she is a little...shall we say unwise at times, thus why she is a lesser demon. Looking at the Donkey she wonders what she would do with it...she thinks for a moment...You are quite good with possessing Wizard...It is very nice to see a human with some skills....though it is a donkey they can be a little tricky to possess and keep them thus.... hmmm...
Adjusting her wings as she relaxes, Please understand that I have just healed the dragon and not at my best, however I am glad that you have come and I truly appreciate your assistance with those two things. I saw in the seeing globe that Triton was a little less than helpful...they are always so wonderfully nasty. As her majik begins to restore her coloring and headache begins to subside.

The imp flys in with fresh brimstoned Kimchee and sets the meal infront of Firechild, Dussss heee vant any of dis? Heee can get it heess own ssseeelf. Looking at the imp she raises an eyebrow,Really....do we need to instruct you on manners again? I am sure that I can find someone to assist with that rude one... The Imp darts away from Firechild glaring at the Wizard Noooo....das isss good..meeeny sssooorries. With that the imp darts off into the blackness glad to avoid something that would be worse than death.It is so hard to find good help in hell... she smiles at the Wizard, You are welcome to some of this wiggly kimchee if you would like, it has been charred over extremely hot brimstone in Hells Kitchen. I can imagine it is delicious... Giving the a wicked grin she slices off a piece and eats it. Ohhh, yes, this is delicious... Taking another piece she continues to eat...
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

firechild wrote:..You are quite good with possessing Wizard...It is very nice to see a human with some skills....though it is a donkey they can be a little tricky to possess and keep them thus.... hmmm...

That the succubus seemed to be inquiring about his abilities meant to Adonair that she did not know them already. He was not anxious to volunteer anything. As with the question about his teleport abilities, Adonair knows that Firechild would instantly see through a lie and probably then guess the truth. Thus he lets the topic pass.

It is so hard to find good help in hell... she smiles at the Wizard,

"Here too? Hell is not so much different from secfenia as I thought it would be. I do my own menial tasks with the aid of magic, it keeps me grounded. The real reason though is that no one can do them to my liking consistently."

You are welcome to some of this wiggly kimchee if you would like, it has been charred over extremely hot brimstone in Hells Kitchen. I can imagine it is delicious... Giving the a wicked grin she slices off a piece and eats it. Ohhh, yes, this is delicious... Taking another piece she continues to eat...
Adonair slices off some of the kimchee. He separates a single bite and blows on it and waves it around to try to bring it down to a temperature that wouldn't melt his teeth. He senses that Firechild would like a relaxing dinner conversation and was not up to any business at the moment. But what to talk about? He suspected the weather was always the same here, he knew nothing of the local sports and still less about fashion. Still he must venture something:

"It is discussed among my kind what is the worst torment of hell. A few say it is the total absence of something and others take an earthly suffering and magnify it to infinity in some way. But what is your opinion? What is the worst hell has to offer?"
firechild

Post by firechild »

"It is discussed among my kind what is the worst torment of hell. A few say it is the total absence of something and others take an earthly suffering and magnify it to infinity in some way. But what is your opinion? What is the worst hell has to offer?"

Looking up from her kimchee she smiles and wipes her mouth with a cloth, as she swallows, Please have a seat Wizard... I suppose I should call you by name, Adonair. The worst hell? Well what is bad to one is nothing to another so that is a perception issue. One might say that having their skin rended from their bones would be and another would say that the void would be. The Void...yes there is one place I hear alot of misery.... nothing but reflections of everything you ever did wrong your entire life and it plays over and over...usually rendering the soul to absolute maddness... But then there are the fire pits... I have heard that the flames burn and char deeply and never stop until the soul is consumed and becomes another flame to consume another soul... To choose just one that would be the worst...that is difficult. I can imagine losing one's soul to begin with would be the worst hell...Not having a soul I have no clue what one would consider the worst. Perhaps when I am stronger you would like to peer into the seeing ball and you can see hell for yourself...I would take you to the levels, but for your safety and mine...I do believe that we can view from afar.

The comfortable chair moves to where he stands and is close enough for him to enjoy the Kimchee... Noticing his lack of information on the two prods she lets it go...for now, Smiling she cuts another slice from the kimchee and eats... Mmmmm...this is just what I needed...well a miserable soul would have been better, but this is better tasting...Tell me of Secfenia...I have not spent much time there... you have so many strange beasts and the people, though I really like some of them, I have met so few...to be honest, those in the Deli that day are pretty much the only ones I have ever spoken to...Most just run away screaming as if I were going to eat them... I do not eat human flesh by the way...it is not to my liking...too sweet! Liking the kimchee wiggling in her, she places her hand over her tummy and uses her majik to settle the kimchee. Glad to see that it was not so draining to do some simple things she smiles at the Wizard...
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

she smiles at the Wizard...

Adonair smiles back and is pleased to see the chair. He relaxes now.

"I would very much like to look into your seeing ball. I'm glad to know that the torments of hell are much as they are described in our tomes. Someone did responsible research apparantly."

Adonair sits down and eats the piece of kimchee he'd been waving around; his eyebrows raise and he smiles. "Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside. Numerous flavors, not all to my liking, but a great texture. This is much better than I'd expected! Quite good really." He sets to work cutting all the kimchee on his plate and separating it so that it might cool a bit.

"Secfenia is an interesting place, most people and creatures are not quite what they seem. I believe there is a great deal more illusion and less honesty there compared to here. We have joy though and love which are things that are very, very positive. Its hard to describe them to one without a soul though. They rely to some extent on a form of illusion, that is not seeing another or a situation as they truly are but rather seeing only what is likable and pleasurable." Adonair frowns as he doesn't think he has really done the concepts justice, but he is talking on the fly here and hadn't really tried to put it into words before. "Love relies heavily on two concepts that are familiar to you: mutual respect and mutual benefit. That's the best platform for it, though others have been tried with limited success."

"The strong creatures rule and profit from the weak in Secfenia as here. This donkey is in about the same position as the imp. Much stupider than I am and not nearly as powerful even if it is much stronger than me physically. I can buy and sell it, use it for labor and dispose of it when it is of no use to me. Humans would like to pretend that they do not do that to one another, but it is merely one of their manifold illusions."

"Human flesh is too sweet? I've not heard that complaint before, and i've never tried it. I think you'll find that there are many creatures who will accept you for who you are if they aren't initially frightened out of their wits. Put yourself in a social situation and maybe go with someone who can vouch for you or in disguise and I think you'll find humans and the other sentient creatures provide a great deal of amusement. Once in awhile you'll learn something, but more often you'll laugh."

Adonair inspects another small piece of kimchee, blows on it and then puts it in his mouth chewing it slowly and thoroughly.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Watching the Wizard as he enjoyed the Kimchee, I do like the kimchee. It has a great flavor and doesn't try to bite you back. Remembering the seeing ball she gently rises from the chaise...Yes the seeing ball...now if I can just make sure that I do not set off that alarm... that could be bad and my wings singed...come...lets take a walk your kimchee will remain warm...it is too stupid to not. Talking as she walksHmmm illusions in Secfenia, makes one wonder what they are hiding...I may well make a trip there soon to investigate this illusion.... Social conduct is strange in your lands, here you either are or are not. There is none of the love and kindness which could be an illusion for another's gain...I will have to be sure and look deeper before I engage As she approaches the chamber she removes the eternal flame from the entrance with a wave of her hand, the flame sits on her palm and is absorbed. Walking in two seats rise from the floor in front of an empty table. Now, lets see.... placing her hands on the table it begins to glow a bright blue and fades back to it's natural color of black...wrinkling her nose she tries again...again it glows bright blue and fadeshmmm...this is strange...I was sure I secured it here... Closing her eyes she scans the room and indeed the globe is secured right in front of her...Ah yes! it is here...I just have not restored yet enough to expose it... I was at my peak when I secured it and most certainly am not right now... Perhaps a little more kimchee will help. holding up her hand both of the plates of kimchee appear in front of her. Smiling she cuts another piece off hers and eats it. Much better, funny how this small meat does so well in restoring me... Placing her hands on the table it glows a bright blue and flames engulf the table...Reaching into the flames she pulls out the globe and the emerald. The flames subside and she places the globe on the table next to her plate. Ah...there we go...now lets see what the other dimensions are up to... Whispering some words she looks deep into the globe as she does another dimension comes into focus, It is a sea of green turbulant and full of various monstrosities, a basilik sits at the edge feasting on the souls as they scream and writhe. Ahhh here is the Basilik I called not so long ago...it must be feeding time for him...greedy as you like too. All of these souls will regenerate to feed the basilik again...but the pain they endure is immeasurable...Each time the Basilik feeds on them they become more and more tortured...they will eventually turn into the monstrosities you see in the sea. Scanning to the sea she focuses on on Monstrosity. It is a deep green and has no eyes, slightly snake like though more like a fish it screams and thrashes about causing the sea to churn.This is an interesting dimension I do believe...What else do you see Adonair.... there is more to this dimension than just the sea and basilik. Looking over at the Wizard she raises an eyebrow and pops another kimchee into her mouth...
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

It is a sea of green turbulant and full of various monstrosities, a basilik sits at the edge feasting on the souls as they scream and writhe. Ahhh here is the Basilik I called not so long ago...it must be feeding time for him...greedy as you like too. All of these souls will regenerate to feed the basilik again...but the pain they endure is immeasurable...Each time the Basilik feeds on them they become more and more tortured...they will eventually turn into the monstrosities you see in the sea. Scanning to the sea she focuses on on Monstrosity. It is a deep green and has no eyes, slightly snake like though more like a fish it screams and thrashes about causing the sea to churn.This is an interesting dimension I do believe...What else do you see Adonair.... there is more to this dimension than just the sea and basilik.

Adonair chewed a second piece of kimchee as Firechild drew up the seeing ball. From the side he could only see a swirling green, it was only when she allowed him to peer directly in that he was able to really see the images in full focus.

He got the hang of moving the focus of the ball pretty quickly, his crystal ball was fairly similar but was cantankerous and never had images as sharp as this. He watched what Firechild had identified as souls, the predominant species here it seemed. They had huge eyes and long slender fingers; he didn't see a mouth, nose or much else that didn't look like just pale blobs. The creatures seemed to move towards rather than away from the basilisk, "He's using some kind of bait isn't he?" Adonair said as he continued to watch fascinated. The basilisk seemed to ignore the inert blobs that were most likely painfully regenerating, and went after the ones that swam, thrashed or grabbed upwards. The basilisk is a ponderous creature on land, but glides gracefully and quickly through the water. "He's an amphibian!!" Adonair said, his voice rising like a child's on his first visit to an aquarium. He watched the fish creatures thrash about and many ideas formed in his head.

"We have a life cycle in secfenia: egg, tadpole, frog. the creature begins as sort of a blob, then much like a fish, then an amphibian. So am I seeing the same here? The souls seem to suffer even in the ocean, not just when eaten, they are drowning continually in their own sin, i suppose. And they grab at whatever the basilisk is dangling, i can't make it out. Continuously wanting, always frustrated and always punished for grabbing by being devoured time and again. Is their sin envy? We associate the color green with the sin envy for some reason, maybe it has an historical basis?
We have a myth of a king who was very greedy and he got a wish and then everything he touched turned to gold. It was a curse of course and he could not eat or drink and soon killed his daughter. I always wondered why a basilsk turned its victims to stone, its no good for hunting, as a basilisk can't eat stone. Perhaps it is a continuation of punishment, with whatever it sees with its eyes turning to something worthless so that it is continually frustrated. Once the souls become wise enough to stop taking the bait, do they survive long enough to become the fish creatures and then finally after however many aeons, develop into basilsks? Or have I got it all wrong."

He watched some more still fascinated by the creatures and their horrible game. He worried a bit that he was not bothered by the torment, indeed he had already been able to shut out the wails of the damned in this dimension so that he didn't hear them. Was he being sucked in? Or should he be reconciled that these creatures suffered justly, decreed by the Powers, whoever they were, and having no one to blame but themselves for their fate? Finally he pulled away and listened for Firechild to respond.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Watching and listening to Adonair she nods her head slightly, Ahhh yes...the sea of envy and the Basilik feeds on envy when the souls no longer envy the basilik who can devour them, wishing to devour the others, that is when the soul can move to it's next lesson in envy...the Basilik...though they are never truly fed, they are never hungry nor are they really needing anything. They envy what is, what was and what is to be...therefore they turn everything to stone...never getting what they want...except the need for more and desire that the next time it will be different. It of course, never is...but they have not figured that out yet. Those who used to be in your lands and rended it to a dismal exixtance, this was before the one above took the lands back and pushed them all to us... These souls you see are the ones who ruled your lands with the desire for more and more...they are the ones who when given the choice of which they will sup... they chose Hells Kitchen...and thus they are here. Looking into the globe again she watches the souls for a moment.

Adjusting the majik controlling the globe she scans for another level of hell... Looking up at the Wizard she smiles a little, You are right about how very alike our worlds are... the greed that feeds one defeats another. One could say that each of our worlds are symbiotic....You have a great intuition about this world Looking back into the globe she muses,This dimension is lacking one thing that all of the others have.... This dimension has no na die...once you are there you never leave unless summoned... So when I had the basilik summoned it took great majik to gain him and the soul....majik that was not mine... Though I am quite powerful and I can summon...the Basilik is one that is beyond my reach...The dragon he got the soul for summoning the Basilik and my majik for surrendering his scale...what he did not know is that when he surrendered to me...he became mine...his power is mine and mine is his...Normally I do not crave flesh at all...well...not kimchee that is Looking at the wizard she grins a wicked grin, turning back to the globe she clears it and says... So, tell me what you would like to see...my father? my siblings? They are in Gatehouses just as I am..We are the guardians to assure that none leave these gates whom should stay and those who do happen by...we encourage them to remain...yes I have had a few passerbys that have stayed. I would not encourage you to stay though, tempting as it is... this is not the place for you... Looking back to the globe she gazes deeply into the ball,However, you can remain as long as you wish....