Protest in Widu (revolt)

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Melusine

Re: Protest in Widu (revolt)

Post by Melusine »

The problem is simple you may only ask for a position that is not filled this does not allow equal opportunities until such a time the one within the position wants out. You can only get someone out of a position if they are very bad, which is not fair since the official may be adequate and the person who wants the job may be great but cant get in because the other person is adequate.

Once again what has actually been asked for has been ignored, where have I once asked for just open elections? I have asked for agreements and guidelines that could allow others opportunities instead of having to wait for someone to quit.

It also appears that some are implying or trying to make it sound as though this has something to do with a recent event in Widu, where Emmy01 ran for office during the last elections. This has nothing to do with any previous cases and/or anyone that is often in retreat. Not once have I asked for an inactive mayor, just to make sure it is clear its the system of selection that requires work.

Guidelines, expectations and agreements would even give any other willing player a basis to present to the King their suitability. Which could be proving themselves worthy of that role and also proving whether the current Kings staff are up to their respective tasks.

Had any form of real discussion taken place about the actual issue, you wouldn't be so confused I assume.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira couldn't hold back a laughter. If this was only about the king and the mayors working out a set of guidelines, you could have simply requested that. Instead, you choose to revolt and turn people against the king. Just because there are no public guidelines doesn't mean any guidelines don't exists. I did not understand everything you've said as you choose to word it now. If there's any confusion, I will see it as being created by you for not being clear enough on what you wanted. You may think that is wrong but that is how I see it as according to especially your first words, where you mentioned nothing about guidelines. I heard you speak about a kind of agreement but to me that sounded as you wanted to king to take a step back on his stance, which I don't see why he should just because of one person.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I have asked for a list of requirements as part of an agreement. Perhaps its the word requirements that is so difficult to understand? takes note to replace word requirements with guidelines to solve all confusion Nah, it can't be the word guidelines it was used directly in my speech above your first speech. I am glad the word suddenly made things clear however.

Guidelines is actually the wrong word that was used incorrectly. It is a list of requirements as previously asked for, straight out what is expected. Guidelines can be bent and ignored like a suggestion. However if guidelines are preferred, create another unstable foundation in my opinion but at least others would have an opportunity. I have asked that it was agreed upon by Fenians and the King, not the King and the Mayors who would be expected to protect themselves and we would end up right back at the same position.

Now seriously, asking for a list of requirements as part of an agreement really was misunderstood? I do understand the confusion that was caused by the cover up excuses and insults that were thrown, also used by yourself showing just how much it effected the possibility to have an agreement reached.

I said right from my first speech, the need for an agreement. Not once was that addressed even with the number of times it was mentioned, but then that is the welcoming, understanding, openness and willingness to listen we have grown to love about the Fenian Authorities. Accuse, insult and ignore the actual issue. I am so glad you think this could have been just asked for, do you really think this is the first time this topic has been mentioned? Honestly? Do you really think that issues get large instantly? No! nothing works like that, they are first meet with the Fenian Authorities approachable ways with first mention of this topic dating back to not long after Fenia City opened.

The only reason this has escalated into this mess, is the same as one's in the past (even with others, moved away from Fenia now) is the closed off defensive attitudes that deny the possibility of a message entering before the discussion has reach the level of insults and accusations.

Did I not already state within my first speech that this issue can not be solved behind closed doors? Clearly the approachable ways are just as open in public as they are in private.

Do you think they have heard any of it all yet? I still don't think they have.
Last edited by Melusine on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eira

Post by Eira »

I think we got on the wrong foot when you mentioned to start a revolt. Eira frowns Guidelines, Requirements, I may have used the word carelessly too. Your understanding of Agreement wasn't the same as mine. Might have be something with mentioning Revolt and Agreement in the same breath.

I can't answer if this topic has been discussed by anyone before, if so it wasn't in my presence. I have let it be known that I do not support your actions. I will not waste time by countering your words, as you think them offensive and I think its not worth it as you are certain of your way being the right and the king's the wrong and I see no possibility to change your mind and I'm in no position to give in to your request about Agreement/Requirements/Guidelines.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I have already explained my meaning of an agreement
Eira

Post by Eira »

Yes, thank you. I understood after your clarification.
Secret_Admirer

Post by Secret_Admirer »

Isa not a revolt! Isa protest, wesa gonna stand outsidea the Towna Hall anda not havea bath for several day until we smella revolting, simplez. Weza even warned dem so theya know ita smelly outside.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Are you fearing there is treason afoot or fearing that you yourself might lose a position were the people given a say in whether or not you hold it???

This protest has nothing to do with recent events and there is meaning behind it. If you disagree with the protest so much then protest the protestation.

God Save The King.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Jason

Post by Jason »

By the Decree of His Majesty all cities are under his control and if he appoints a person to a position then it is illegal to hence attempt to replace that position with yourself or any other being as a whole or a group. I understand freedom is essential and it is within the Kingdom of Fenia but if you desire more freedom you can give a proposal to the Government of Fenia, simple as that. Really freedom is a required thing in every Viceroyalty and if there is none a lot of the population will eventually leave.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

"When I spoke up previously it was simply to address the fact that I, and others, did not approve in the way to handle this situation. So far however with this discussion I have been listening to I can honestly and gladly say this is how it should have been in the first place. No need for a revolt, discussion is always more practical.... And so I must also admit I myself was not able to pinpoint exactly what was being asked, over looking the simplicity of it really and looking for something more complicated.., and so saved my breath until now. I always boast about how strong we are. Us lovely Fenians... and what Melusine is talking about is something that already existed, to a degree, in Fenia although not all that publicly. So, I do want to make it clear for everyone to know. If you believe you can do the job as Judge of Fenia better than the current judge, talk to me. If you think you can do any particular role on the council or in towns better, not including military matters, then talk to me. I am always open to hear from any and all of the creatures of Fenia. Just do know if you don't or haven't posted all that often in the forums, not very well known by anyone, and don't have a basic knowledge of Fenia then don't expect to be the Count or Countess of Imperius any time soon. It will be rare for me to ever offer someone without these few basic, and what you should know you at least require via common sense, requirements. So if you do talk to me a position I will be honest with you and tell you now. Do not get too hopeful unless you truly know you will do the job much better than the current holder, and more importantly if I believe you can. With all this discussion though I do believe Fenia will grow even stronger from this now though. And that is all Melusine wanted."

The King stands up from his seat and turns to Melusine

"Thank you for not only bringing this discussion to myself, but to the public."

He smiles

(OOC: I haven't been able to comment further into detail as the 'discussion' progressed due to real life, especially a work related incident way early in the morning.. but was able to read and glad to have had the time to post.)

(And further OOC note, I thought I clicked post six/seven hours ago before I had to leave... )