{CRP} Off to Mother's

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Arilynn

Re: {CRP} Off to Mother's

Post by Arilynn »

Ari watched as her "father" turned from her and talked to Jacob. Her eyes took in every movement he made, listening to his words intently. And yet, his words to her brother made no sense to her. Glancing at Jacob, he looked just as bit puzzled as she felt. Her father, now finished, turned back to her and hugged her. She hugged him back, not wanting to let go - even if he was just an illusion. As he pulled back, he kissed her cheek lightly, and ever so quietly whispered in her ear.

Then she watched as he drifted away in the breeze. Jacob took her hand and she turned to him as he spoke, still teary eyed.
No matter... She whispered, pulling him into a tight hug and kissing the top of his head. Thank you, Jacob.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob was a little uncomfortable as his sister embraced him, he had hugged his Mother but that was not often, physical affection was not something he was used to. Jacob was also not sure why she was saying thank you either, it was after all her illusion for the most part, what she had imagined, she knew it was not real. Though he was still puzzled about his part, he'd always imagined his father saying he loved him, that he was sorry for leaving, how could such a revelation be made when he'd never even thought about these things. Not only that but he'd never known the history between his mother and father, the events that brought them together or made them separate, to find that is father had wronged his mother made him angry and he didn't feel like talking anymore. The one person he really wanted in the world and she was gone and Jacob blamed his father for it now. Now Jacob just wanted to get on with this thing his sister wanted so he spoke to her Ari....you can let go now, we should be going anyways. and tried to gently pull out of the embrace she had him in.
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

It was a silent hug, until Jacob insisted on her letting go and they continuing on their way. She blinked and released him from her hug, stepping back, her cheeks tinged a slightly rosy colour. Right.. Well.. Uhm, we're almost there. With that, she started walking again.

After a moment of walking quietly, she started speaking.
Sorry about the hug.. I'm used to hugging.. I like hugs. She glanced over at him with a grin. And my mum likes hugs. So if she hugs you... Apologies beforehand.

It'd been a while since her last visit to her mum's. It had been almost as long since she'd seen Peter. And if Peter is there.. Ignore any teasing bicker between him and I. She stifled a laugh, shrugging. I doubt he'll be there.. He's probably busy working, doing some sheepherder stuff.. Ari shrugged again.

Around a bend in the road, the small cottage came into view. Ari grinned and had to resist the childish urge to run up to the house.
This is the house I grew up in with my mum and brother. She whispered with a giggle. There are a lot more flowers in the garden, but otherwise, it's pretty much the same as twenty years ago. My mother didn't have much time to take care of flowers with me and Peter to watch and keep out of trouble.. Well, mainly had to keep me out of trouble.

When the two reached the front door, Ari knocked faintly before opening the door and beckoning Jacob to follow.
Mum? She called, glancing around the family room.

In the kitchen! Ari giggled and walked down the hall, to the kitchen, towing Jacob along. Leaning against the doorway, Ari looked at the woman who's back was facing her as she was putting a pie in the oven. Hey mum.

Ari! The woman straightened up, turning around. Her big brown eyes held a hidden joy, as always, whilst her long, brown curls flowed freely around her face. Ari bit her tongue to keep from laughing as Lucy walked over and gave her a tight hug. Mum, you've got a little.. Ari said, pointing to her nose. Her mother blinked, taking her apron and wiping the flour off her nose.

What are you doing here, miss I never visit?
Her mother asked, tone a bit teasing, eyes narrowed.

I've someone to show you, Mum... This is Jacob.. Jacob, this is my mother, Lucy. Ari motioned to Jacob, then her mother, as she introduced the two. Her mother smiled warmly and went right up to him, giving him a hug. Ari put her hand to her mouth to hide her giggle, but hoped everything wouldn't be too much for her little brother.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob nodded and said Hug is okay...its you know...different when you don't know someone that well. It wasn't that he didn't like hugs, but he didn't get them very often from his Mother, and yet he always knew because of their connection that she loved him and there were times when even though she was not physically hugging him he felt like she was. Those were the best times and he missed them very much, he missed hearing her speak to him a night or guiding him through a terrible dream and most of all he missed her just knowing she was there.

Ari said some other stuff and he just nodded as the walked the path to her mothers home, when they arrived he thought it was like something he'd read in a storybook once. He smiled he liked it already and he prepared himself for a hug, it would not do to be impolite to his sister's mother. After they walked into the house they went down a hallway and then into the kitchen he liked the house it had a peaceful feel to it and like the home of a real mother.

Ari had been right her mother hugged him and he hugged back even if he did feel slightly uncomfortable with it all, she had a nice voice and she was very pretty. Its nice to meet you Lucy. he said smiling, and was kind of relived when she let go but tried not to show it. He looked at Lucy then at Ari wondering what was going or supposed to happen next.
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

It's nice to meet you too, Jacob. Lucy smiled widely, then glanced at Ari. The house is a mess and I've apparently got flower all over me! Couldn't have sent me a note or something, saying you were going to visit? Ari laughed, shrugging. Sending notice of her visiting beforehand wasn't really something she liked to do, ruined the surprise of a visit.

Mum, the house is clean and you look fine. Ari grinned. Besides.. You've just put the pie in the oven, so you've some time to sit and talk.. I've some things to tell you.. Well, both Jacob and I have some things to tell you.

Ari's mother nodded.
Alright. Let's go to the family room and take a comfortable seat.. Does anyone want anything to drink? I've some hot tea.. And juice, a bit of milk.. And such. I have cookies too!

Oh, I would love a cup o' tea, Mum, thanks..
Lucy nodded, going over to the teapot, pouring herself and her daughter a cup before looking up at Jacob to see if he wanted anything as well.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob hadn't been sure what to expect when they went on this trip, but Ari's mom was a real mom and that made him feel comfortable. Though he did not eat much of it Jacob did enjoy eating regular food, cookies were good, sometimes his mother would make them with peanut butter and chocolate and he enjoyed those a lot. Being a vampire though they did not have need for much food, it was not really beneficial for them to eat it unless they ate lots and lots of it, more then he could imagine really. He recalled a time his mother had tried to convey just how much food they'd have to eat and he was astonished that they would have to eat a feast every day just to stay at minimal power. Jacob accepted a cookie when it was offered to him and also asked for some tea as well, he liked it over milk, his favorite being Earl Grey for the flavor. Thank you for the cookies and tea Lucy. Then looked at Ari wondering just how much she was going to share with her Mother and if it was wise to do so.
Arilynn

Post by Arilynn »

Ari smiled and took her tea from her mother. Lucy said a you're welcome to both Ari's and Jacob's thank you's before motioning to the family room. Ari started back down the hall, to the family room. Lucy walked behind her and whispered quietly in her ear, Why are you hanging around such a young boy? Surely you have older boys to with... Like a boyfriend, perhaps? Lucy's tone was curious, but Ari didn't want to be reminded of her being stuck in her love triangle. So she swatted at her mother.

Mother! I do have a boyfriend... She trailed. And a fiance. But I'll explain later. She add hastily, sitting on the couch. Her mother's eyes were a bit wide, but she frowned, nodding, and took a seat on a chair. Ari motioned for Jacob to sit next to her. Well mum..

Ari paused, uncertain what to say. Her mother stared at her expectantly.
I'm just going to be blunt... Mother, Jacob is my brother! Well, half brother, really.. We've different mums, obviously... But we both share the same father. With Jacob's mum recent decease, he's come to live with me.

Ari stopped, watching her mother raise an eyebrow, looking between them. Well then... You two certainly look enough like siblings... Well then... This is interesting...

Ari bit her lip and shrugged. I thought you would like to know. Ari looked at Jacob, curious if he had anything else to add.
JacobSinopa

Post by JacobSinopa »

Jacob was at a loss for words he really was not sure what to say, something that was rare for him, even in times he didn't talk, he usually had something he wanted to or could have said. Meeting Lucy, Ari's mother had proved to be interesting for him and he felt comfortable with her even if he was nervous about it all. Even the hug he was not used to was nice and did not bother him as much as he thought it might, the silence that ensued though bothered him a bit. He looked at Ari hoping she'd say something soon to break the silence and Jacob was distracted by the events that had taken place before they arrived which only served to make him crawl a little deeper into himself.