[ORP] Mission: Defend the Kingdom

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Wolfmist

[ORP] Mission: Defend the Kingdom

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist then looked at the gates and touched a metal railing. He stroked it and let a low cutting growl ripple his throat to summon a strange beast slithering from the metal to become invisible, the only evidence of it being there was the odd warping of the view behind it.

"Sire, while you are gone, the Skeplar will monitor the grounds. There is only one, at the gate, but his presence will bring more. They are most adapted to stealth and scent - rest assured they will render any evil physical or otherwise as prey. I advise that villagers surrender the odd carcass once a week Sire, just to affirm alliances, as they hunt for their own food otherwise."

Wolfmist felt the beast nuzzling his shoulder and he petted the thicker air movement with an odd understanding that was almost carnal. "Farewell, my lord."

With that, Wolfmist bowed then left for the stables to return the fille to the stable shed proper and set about to attract other beasts and magical creatures to defend the Kingdom in the King's absence.
Wolfmist squatted to get a better view of the creature prowling the bottom end of the paddock nearest to the woods. It was a magnificent creature, part dragon part pegasus part cougar. It's coat was a jet black and rippled smoothly with the shadows. The Skeplar were quite tame if respected but it had taken much time for one to trust Wolfmist enough for him to hear it's thoughts. They were ordered and gave the impression of cool air, shade in a burning desert, while sonorous in their meaning and initiative. They were often quite ready to coil and dance around Wolfmist since first contact and had taken on a kind of alliance with the Fenian Kingdom as a result.

They were large animals, much bigger than Wolfmist or any horse than he had seen, yet they were able to twist and turn to fit in any alley and light enough to move about the walls, rooftops and tiles without being seen or heard. This remarkable talent was because of their natural camouflage ability and the odd habit of becoming one with the wind and darkness. Unchallenged, however, their metal coat shifted to their natural midnight blue with white millimetre tips on the end of each hair to give the display of a shimmering effect. A most beautiful, graceful creature with much reverence and respect to be demanded, else a most destructive yet efficient and clean enemy, as was being proven to Wolfmist right now.

Wolfmist smiled, they were hungry and grateful for the many rabbit carcasses that had been hanging from the paddock fence - merely a morsel hardly that of popcorn to humans, yet it often proved as a symbol of friendship between human and Skeplar. In return, the Skeplar had defended the woods and fields from other beasts and magical species that would prey upon the livestock vital for human survival.

Now, the King was gallivanting off to a do something Kingly - Wolfmist was unsure what, precisely and understood that it was not his place to know - and Wolfmist had been charged to defend the Kingdom while the King was away. Somehow.

So, in a quick decision that he could possibly regret, Wolfmist decided to rely on the talents he could do best. Beast Keeping and Weaving. The Beast Keeping had proven worthwhile so far, with the only drawback of poop becoming a quickening inconvenience. Not only were Skeplar guarding the city by prowling between metals and shadows, but a pack of Firefang Wolves had joined the prowling route although on the furthermost outskirts of the Cities' walls. These were more obvious and citizens tended to avoid them for obvious reasons - they were not called Firefang for nothing.

Smiling, happy that a defence network was in place, Wolfmist decided to seek help from the Citizens of the Fenian Kingdom. He just hoped that he would not bump into the Town Militias and their arguments or complaints about the animals now augmenting their duties.
Dear Citizens of Fenia,

The King is travelling and has charged me with a duty of defending the Kingdom. Who will help me?

Any questions - come see me.

One note: beware of the beasts defending your walls - do not challenge them disrespectfully whatsoever.

- Wolfmist
Eira

Re: [ORP] Mission: Defend the Kingdom

Post by Eira »

Having red the note Eira went to find Wolfmist and see what he was up to. She didn't like this at all. Wolfmist was a child, and what about the beasts on the walls? Why hadn't the king informed her? After asking some people who clearly were worried about the beasts she was able to find Wolfmist. Eira had to reassure them everything was aright despite that she wasn't sure of that herself. Wolfmist had his back to her, he seemed to look at some of the beasts. She cleared her throat and wore a mask of displeasure, hands on her hips, looking down at him.

(ooc: You don't have anything in your profile. As much as I recall Wolfmist is a child about 12 years old. If anything is incorrect, the fault is yours :P)
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

(That's part of the fun :P )

Wolfmist heard someone close by clearing their throat and so he gave on calming petting to the side of one of the Firefangs while careful of how hot its jaw was, then when it turned away from him (you never dismissed a Firefang, it dismissed you!) Wolfmist breathed what was almost a sigh of tiredness then saw an angry person looking at him.

"Hi my name is Wolfmist! How can I help you today, ma'am?" Wolfmist had decided that while working at the Stables, this approach always seemed to work better. Next to the woman a horse's head appeared from the stable door and started nibbling at her clothes. Wolfmist tried to suppress a giggle.
homersonofsimp

Post by homersonofsimp »

Padre Homer, priest of Widu came to visit the palace. He wanted to ask about boons for level 2 as he was considering moving to Fenia.

He didn't see any signs and was busy gawking at the beauty of the palace and thinking about what he might say to the king or his magistrates, was he supposed to kneel first or bow first and then kneel? Suddenly he found that a tiger-dragon-horse-three-headed-monster was snarling at him. He dropped what he was holding and fled for his life flailing his arms! The beast was quickly upon him burning his rear with fire and biting at his shoulder.

"Help! Help!"
Eira

Post by Eira »

I know who you are Wolfmist. I'm no ma'am but Eira, Constable of Fenia. I have received no word from the King that you should be in charge for the defence of the towns. Your beasts are frightening the creatures of Fenia, call them off now. Eira kept her angry look even as she felt someone tugging at her sleeve. She quickly glanced behind her and saw it was a horse. The boy giggled but Eira didn't move and continued to glare at him until her glare was interrupted by a call for help. Without much thought Eira broke loose from the horse's teeth on her clothes and rushed towards the creature in need. sword and shield ready in her hands.
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist ran to the scene and looked between the running creature and the chasing creature. Three heads!? "This creature is not one of mine!" Wolfmist yelled and then put a whistle in his mouth made of an odd piece of bone that shimmered in the light. Blowing it, a shiver ran over his skin and was followed by a Firefang taking down one of the heads out of nowhere. The Skeplar that had taken the rear was already mopping up the mess with its tongue. Kneeling in thanks to the Skeplar and Firefang, Wolfmist studied the creature that had broken the peace.

It had a brand in its skin on the shoulder.

"Eira, Come over - it's ok... look... something is afoot. Someone was controlling this poor creature, it wasn't one of mine. It's not Fenian at least."
homersonofsimp

Post by homersonofsimp »

Homer is assailed by not one but two and then three beasts, but thankfully they tear each other apart instead of killing him. He gives thanks to the fallen mages for their intercession. Since his clothes are ripped to shreds and he is wounded he decides to visit the king a different day.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Riding his white stallion and wearing his long fully white robe, Jason stopped his horse immediately as he saw Priest Homer's clothing ripped. "Greetings my fellow Priest. I see your wardrobe has been ripped, it just so happens that I have an extra white robe in my carrier bag. Do you wish to wear it?" Asked Jason.
homersonofsimp

Post by homersonofsimp »

Jason wrote:Riding his white stallion and wearing his long fully white robe, Jason stopped his horse immediately as he saw Priest Homer's clothing ripped. "Greetings my fellow Priest. I see your wardrobe has been ripped, it just so happens that I have an extra white robe in my carrier bag. Do you wish to wear it?" Asked Jason.
"Ah thank you Jason! The mages are surely watching over me today. I had a near miss. It looks like just a flesh wound though, no permanent damage."

Homer strips off his ruined shirt and tears it into rags. He cleans his wound as best he can, binds it and then puts on the robe from Jason. Its a little long as Jason is taller, but fits pretty nicely.

"I shall return this as soon as possible. Thanks again."

Homer heads off towards home.

(OOC: going away for weekend will not be able to pursue this rp so consider me to have left.)
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira lowers her sword but doesn't sheath it. Looking at the mark Wolfmist points at she squints her eyes. What mark, looks like a skin pattern to me. She shrugged. And how can it NOT be one of yours Wolfmist since every other one is? Don't lie now or I'll make sure you're grounded.

(ooc: oops, I was so sure I had posted, apologies..)