Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Moderator: Community Team

Petal

Re: Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Post by Petal »

Petal's eyes widened as they floated up off the floor. She felt a tingling all through her limbs and felt giggles rising in her throat. Trying to see everything at once she turned her head this way and that, amazements at every turn. I wonder how I could have thought them tiny, she thought to herself as she spun among them. Why they're the same size as we are!

Taking Toxic's hand and laughing for pure joy, she let him lead her into the center of the ring the fairies had formed once more. The music echoed through the cavern but try as she might she couldn't locate the source. It seemed to come from the very walls. Nor could she identify any of the instruments. It was as if the earth itself was singing and if she could only listen closer she could pick out the words. But Toxic didn't give her the chance. He pulled her into his tight embrace and whirled her around, spinning her faster and faster until she was dizzy. Now at the top of the cavern, now at the floor, he swooped and spun her.

The tempo of the music changed and Petal had a chance to look around as their dance slowed to match it. The fairies glowed brighter as they gracefully dance around them. Farkas passed by their heads and playfully nipped at Toxic's sleeve. Petal wrapped her arms around Toxic's neck and kissed him. This is wonderful, she exclaimed. I'm not sure if it's a dream or not, but if so, don't ever wake me!
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Kissing Petal back he swiped back at Farkas and missed, laughing he swung Petal round in the air and watched as all the fairies danced around them, this is the best fun i had in years, wonder if you can make babies in the air, we should give it a try if the fairies go to bed, i think we are not dreaming, so lets never go back down to earth,
laughing at his little joke he carried on the spins and fly pasts and did some other new turns, looking down below he saw a table with food and drinks all in little acorn bowls, lets swoop down and get some drinks, all this flying around makes you thirsty dont you agree,
he waited as Farkas flew by near him and he grabbed him and started dancing with the now happy wolf.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal laughed to watch Toxic's antics with Farkas, glad that the great beast had such a good sense of humor and wasn't trying to bite her husband. As they cavorted about, she looked down at the tables. They were indeed spread with a feast and the sight alone was enough to remind her stomach that they hadn't eaten since breakfast. Leaving Toxic and Farkas playing, she swooped down, coming to a stop just inches from the table, dizzy and giggling.

Her feet now lightly touching the ground Petal had to concentrate to keep herself from floating up again. She gripped the edge of the table with one hand to steady herself and with the other reached for one of the delicacies laid out before her. Choosing a small pastry with what looked like a chocolate filling, she popped it into her mouth. Her eyes widened as the taste seemed to make her senses explode. Suddenly she could feel the music flowing through her, touching every nerve. The movement of the fairy wings at the top of the cavern felt like a breeze against her cheek. The dancing lights took on a new clarity, dazzling her eyes. Energy coursed through her and she took flight, gracefully weaving and moving her way to Toxic.

Reaching him she took his hands and entwined their fingers. Her eyes sparkling, a private smile on her lips, she tugged him away from the main body of the fairies. Putting her lips near his ear she whispered to him then nodded her head towards one of the tunnels that led into the cavern. In her eagerness to be alone with her husband she let go of one of his hands and tugged harder on the other as she began to pull him with her to the tunnel.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Smiling he kissed her back after Petal had worked her magic on their clothes, So lets go dance then my wonderful wife, and may i say, you are looking very beautiful in that dress, another one which wont last long, smiling he led her back inside the large hall stopping off at the table full of strange looking food and liquid in acorn cups taking a cup he passed one to his wife and took one for himself, knocking back the contents, he smacked his lips in delight and took another one, Dam thats fine stuff, i wonder if they do take aways and bottle it i wonder, helping himself to another, he quickly knocked it back, then turned to his wife and kissed her hand and bowed, Shall we then, and show them how dancing should be done, on the ground.
Petal

Post by Petal »

It had seemed like ages since Petal had been home. Their time with the fairies had been magical, but lasted far longer than they had thought once they returned to the real world. Leaving her husband at the town gates as he left on his business, she returned to their home alone.

Petal opened the door and entered, pausing in the doorway to look around. Everything seemed different with Toxic gone. The rooms gleamed dully beneath their layer of dust, the halls echoed silently. There was no warmth in the empty rooms. Tamping down the wave of self-pity that threatened she squared her shoulders and set her jaw determinedly. There was enough to keep her busy until Toxic returned, and she'd be damned if he came home to a dirty house.

Hanging her cloak, the first thing she did was carefully change out of the beautiful gown she had worn at the fairy dance. She put it away with care, it's folds gently lined with tissue, at the bottom of her trunk. With a last caressing touch over its soft fabric she shut the trunk. Quickly she changed into a more common dress, pulled her hair back in a ribbon, and rolled her sleeves up. First things first, she told herself as she lit the fire in the sitting room. As she let the warmth begin to seep into the room she gathered her cleaning supplies and went to work.

Several hours later Petal collapsed into her chair by the fire. She had worked herself into exhaustion but the house gleamed, she noticed with satisfaction. She leaned her head back against the chair as the last of the sunshine faded with the coming night, unmindful of the smudge of dirt on her cheek and the tendrils of hair that had escaped to curl around her features. Closing her eyes for just a moment she ignored the rumbling of her empty stomach, being too tired to bother stirring from her warm seat to get a bite to eat. Soon she was drifting in dreams.