Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Moderator: Community Team

Petal

Re: Petal & Toxic's Cottage Home

Post by Petal »

Petal leaned back against Toxic and grabbed for the tart just before it reached his mouth. Giggling she took a bite then gave it back to him, wiping a bit of cream from the corner of her mouth. She relaxed against him, loving the feel of his arms holding her tight and enjoying their time together. She ran her hands lightly up his arms, reveling in the feel of the muscles under her fingertips. Thoughts of the night before flitted through her mind and she blushed, a soft smile adorning her lips. Wiuth an effort she pulled her mind back to the present. Turning her head she kissed his jaw, smiling to see him so happy and relaxed. This place was magic, more than he realized, to have this affect on him, and she never wanted to leave it. His words though peaked her curiosity though.

Always up for an adventure she glanced at the waterfall and scrutinized it for a moment. A treasure? she mused quietly. She glanced back up at Toxic before getting to her feet. Then why are we still sitting here, silly? she laughed as she held her hand out to him. Come on, let's go find it, she challenged him with an impish grin.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Rising he took Petal's hand and they made there way round to the waterfall, standing on the rocks outside he looked around and saw a huge rubber tree, taking a huge leaf he passed it to Petal, to help with the shock of the cold water,
I will go in first and see if its safe, then i will come and get you,
Kissing petal he went through the waterfall, he was surprised to find the water was warm not cold as he had expected, letting his eyes get accustomed to the dark he saw glowing in the distance, thinking it was best to get Petal first before he went any further in he went back through the waterfall and rejoined her,
I dont think your need that leaf, the water is strangely warm for some reason, theres a light glowing in the distance, so lets get back in there and check it out,
Taking Petal's hand he went first and then he made sure she got though with out slipping on the rocks, leading off down the tunnel they went towards the strange glowing light, hearing the roar of the waterfall gradually fade out, he heard a low growling, wondering if it was Petal again, she never did eat enough, he saw looming out the dark a huge wolf, pushing Petal behind him he got ready for a attack, surprised it never came he went up to the wolf,
Hey mr wolf, what are you doing here, in this dark tunnel all on your own,
Not sure what would happen next, he was surprised to see the wolf look round first and then back at them, Hello, my name is Farkas and i am the guardian of this waterfall, the fairys brought me here as there protector and guardian of this waterfall, beyond is the fairy's treasures from many century's past and the fairys halls of magic and light, it is not advisable to go much further as they dont welcome outsiders,
Toxic stood back beside his wife and squeezed Petal's hand,
May i introduce my wife, Petal and my name is Toxic, and can we do anything for you my friend,
As he waited for a answer, Farkas moved forward and licked his wifes hands in friendship, as this was going on, he left the two talking and he looked further down the tunnel wanting to see more.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Petal's heart thudded in her chest as the huge beast approached them. She bit back a scream as the wolf leaned it's head towards her hand. Her eyes widened in shock when she felt it's raspy tongue on the back of her hand instead of it's sharp teeth. She lifted her gaze to see Toxic walk farther into the tunnel. Swallowing her trepidation she looked at the wolf, his head being nearly on the level of her own. What does one say to a magic talking wolf, she wondered, biting her lip. Very p..pleased to meet you, F..f..farkas, she stammered.

At the intelligent glint in it's eye, Petal relaxed a bit. Surely Toxic wouldn't have left her here alone with the beast if it was dangerous, she reassured herself. Tentatively, she slowly moved her hand to it's head, stroking the thick, silky pelt. Farkas moved his head into her hand and she could have sworn to see a smile on his lips as a low soft growl emitted from his powerful throat. She smiled back at him.

I'm sorry to have intruded, she told him as she continued to stroke his head, her fingers sinking deep into the fur. We didn't realize. Her gaze lifted to peer deeper into the cave, searching for her husband. Her brow knit in consternation. He won't come to harm, will he? Perhaps we should go after him...

Without waiting for a response Petal began to move deeper into the tunnel, the faint glow of the lights ahead barely lighting her way. She stumbled over some loose rocks then felt Farkas move to her side, his bulk keeping her from falling. Gratefully she rested her hand on his back and let him lead the way.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

He stopped at the end of the tunnel and saw a huge door in front of him, before he had a chance to do anything, Petal and Farkas caught him up,
Not sure why it needed protecting down here because that door looks like it would keep out a few hundred armies getting in, has this door been opened recently i wonder, theres no handles, no nothing, must be a magic door or something,
Thinking for a minute on the best action to take, he decided to bang on the door and see if anyone answered, taking a step back, with Farkas and Petal watching, he pounded on the door and waited.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Ahead, his form outlined by the glow that had steadily been getting brighter, Petal could see Toxic at the end of the tunnel. She and Farkas approached in time to see him pound on the door. She winced as the loud noise echoed off the tunnel's walls. Stepping up she placed herself between him and the door. My love, I don't think that's going to work, or it might just anger whoever's behind this, she told him, her eyes taking in the magic aspects of the door.

The door was placed to completely seal off the tunnel. Though it was made with sharp lines and angles as any door, it's frame was formed to follow the curvature of the walls and rose to meet the ceiling high over their heads. The glow emanated from the door, a soft golden light that seemed to edge it's way into all the nooks and crannies of the tunnel, banishing the darkness. She could see no writing or sign on the door, the smooth wood unblemished by any marks. Nor was there any obvious way to open it and judging by it's massive size and solidity, it could not be forced.

Stepping closer Petal held up her hand, her fingertips scant inches from the surface. She could feel a tingling in the pads of her fingers as the power contained inside the door made itself known to her. She let her fingertips rest lightly against the surface, surprised at the warmth that quickly spread through her hand and down her arm. Scrutinizing the door more closely she detected a pattern hidden within the whirls and swirls of the wood. Taking a step back her hand dropped to her side and the pattern dissolved back into the grain. She glanced uncertainly at Toxic and Farkas, wondering if she had been seeing things. Reaching out her hand she once again touched the door, this time letting her palm rest flatly in the center.

A surge of power jolted up her arm. Biting back a soft gasp she grit her teeth against it, sensing the benign nature of the magic. The swirls seemed to move before her eyes forming words and phrases. She read them in a soft voice.

Voiceless it cries,
Wingless it flutters,
Toothless it bites,
Mouthless it mutters.

Render it tame
For those who dare
Call it's name
And enter the snare.

Petal lifted her hand from the door and turned to Toxic and Farkas. It's a riddle, she said. If we can answer it, the door will open.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Toxic looks at the door and then back at Petal and Farkas,
Right, riddles which i am not good at, voiceless it cries, wingless it flutters, a bird or something a chicken, no a bird has sound,
Toxic listened to the other two's suggestions and shook his head, thinking hard he ran through the riddle, line by line, after a few minutes it hit him,
The only voiceless thing i can think of is the wind, try that Petal,
Standing back he watched as Petal approached the door to work her own special kind of magic.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Having the answer, Petal approached the door again. She placed her palm flat on the door and watched as the words formed before her eyes. Repeating the riddle once more she stepped back but left her palm on the smooth wood. Steeling herself for a reaction she lifted her eyes to Toxic's as she pronounced the answer. Wind.

The power that coursed through her arm this time flung her hand from the door and drove her back a step off her feet into Toxic's arms. A loud whirling noise came from behind the door a second before it was blown open. It banged against the wall of the tunnel and came to rest half-open. The wind blew her hair back from her face carrying a fragrant scent that teased her senses. Righting herself and finding her feet again, she took Toxic's hand before peeking in through the door. Her face lit with wonder at the sight they beheld.

The tunnel opened into a huge cavern lit at first what she thought were a thousand small flames of every color imaginable, refracted over and over again in the sparkle of crystal stalagmites and stalactites that ringed the room. At first she thought the flames came from within these massive crystals but as they stepped into the cavern she tore her gaze from the prisms of color to look into the center of the cavern.

The floor of the cavern was a wide shallow bowl carpeted with ankle-deep moss. Above this carpet, thousands of multi-colored flames were dancing about, bowing and swaying as they revolved around each other. Each flame no larger than the palm of her hand, they held her entranced as she tried to follow their movements. She gripped Toxic's hand tighter and moved closer to his side. What are they, love? she asked in an awe-inspired whisper.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Looking up he smiled and whispered in Petals ear, They are the little people, the fairys, look how happy they are, if you look at one you can see it, when one comes close,
All of a sudden, they stopped and all lined up in a long line in front of them, they was joined by a slightly bigger pair of bright lights, as they came closer to them, he looked and saw it must be the leaders, seeing a glint on there heads he saw little crowns as they hovered in front of them, What is the meaning of this intrusion, our guard seems to have let us down and will lose his head at dawn, on hearing this Farkas bowed his head and looked down at the ground, mumbling forgive me King Oberon and Queen Titania, Toxic stepped forward and patted farkas on the head, Forgive me King of the faries, it wasnt Farkas's fault it was mine i was interested into what was behind the door and my wife, Petal is a magical person like you and realised something special was behind the door, and we solved the riddle and here we are, so if anyone should be losing there heads it should be mine, taking a step back he took Petals hand and squeezed it tight, to reassure her things was going to be ok, he watched as the king talked to his wife and he patted Farkas again to reassure him he was going to be ok, he had done nothing wrong.
Petal

Post by Petal »

Fairies.. Petal had grown up hearing about them from her granny and mum but never had even a glimpse of the magical creatures before. And here they were, surrounded by them. The King and Queen were before them, floating in the air in front of their eyes. Both beautiful in their royal rainment that flowed like light around their bodies, their crowns shining and refracted a myriad sparkles of color, a look of kind benevolence on the Queen's face was matched by one of ferocity on the King's. She remembered some of the stories she had heard. Fairies were not the benign beings most believed. They rarely bothered with events outside their own, preferring their own company to others and the affairs of the world around them did not interest them. They could be intensely fierce if they felt threatened or their privacy intruded upon. Anxiety coiled in her stomach and she gripped Toxic's hand harder, glad for the reassuring presence of Farkas at their side.

Addressing herself to the Queen and the kindness she saw in her eyes, Petal made a slight curtsy. P..please excuse our intrusion. We mean no harm. Her eyes were drawn again to the line of fairies. They're so beautiful, she breathed as as looked back to the King and Queen. Please, may we watch for a while? she pleaded.

The King's scowl deepened but the Queen placed her hand on his arm, her eyes never leaving Petal's. Petal felt their penetrating gaze as she was measured for ill intent. Holding herself still she waited and held her breath as the Queen's gaze moved from her and over Toxic. Feeling Toxic's hold on her hand become harder as he tensed at her side, she gave it a reassuring squeeze. Finally the Queen looked back at her, a smile gracing her beautiful face.

You have a touch of the fairies in yourself, the both of you. Though this one is unaware of it, she said in a tinkling voice as she glanced at Toxic. The memory of Toxic and Niv came to Petal's mind, his care of the Pegasus and his understanding of animals. She smiled. Yes, Toxic did have magic in his hands. But the Queen was still speaking and Petal brought her attention back to her. You may stay and but be warned. Any interference and you will be banished for all time, not even the memory of this to remain.

Relieved, Petal dipped another curtsy then turned to Toxic, her face lit with joy.
Toxic

Post by Toxic »

Toxic wasnt sure on how to take being called a fairy by the queen of them, growling under his breath he managed a weak smile, thinking no way was he ever a fairy, wondering if fairies could read minds he never had a chance to even think another thought or growl again, when still holding onto Petals hand he found himself rising upwards, looking at the queens smiling face he knew she had to have had a part in this, he watched as farkas joined them and they all rose higher up to the line of waiting fairies, noticing they had all shrank in size alarmed him somewhat but they wasnt in any danger so he let that go, raising one arm he suddenly turned left, dragging petal with him, smiling he let go of Petals hand and raised both arms upwards, after doing a few loops and dives and turns round the great hall, he ended up back beside his beautiful wife and holding on to her tight he kissed her, Hey this is great fun, try a few loops round, and Farkas, you have been cooped up to long in that dark tunnel, its time to unwind and let go my friend, he watched as Petal and Farkas flew round the hall and rejoined him after a few fleeting moves and a few skilled loop twists, How does that feel both of you, its like being free and all your troubles gone, and now my beautiful wife, i promised you a dance or a fly dance as they would call it here, at least you wont be stepping on anyones toes, laughing he held his hand out and as he did a band started playing, smiling he thought this was all so perfect and wondered if they was really still asleep at home in their bed or was still under the effects of the magic mushrooms, Petal had accidently put in her stew.