[RP] The Marshal Château

Moderator: Community Team

Harus

[RP] The Marshal Château

Post by Harus »

Perched above the town of Cork, one can see The Marshal Château, the owner, a proud Knight whom had fought valiantly in many wars in the passed. His reward, from the crown itself, this Castle.

Sir Harus Marshal rode up to the base of the hill on his Friesian Stallion, and held there, taking in the view from above him.

Petting his horse on it's mane, and patting it gently on it's head, he spoke aloud to it.

Well Arabella, it looks like this....is our new home.

He placed his hands back on the reins, and gently tapped Arabella on her sides to move forward up the hill. Slowly they trotted upward, realizing how much bigger the properly was as he rode closer.

After several minutes ride up the road, he finally reached the front gate of the castle. With it wide open, he continued forth into the courtyard, and saw the big Oak doors from a distance.

Oh my, quite impressive. The King outdid himself here with this gift. he spoke, and soon as he finished his sentence a young man, looking of the age of 15, started running toward him.

Sir! Sir William Marshal! This way please! the boy stood in place, and gestured for the Knight Lord to move in his direction. He then quickly continued forth, running at the Knight and his Horse.

Greetings Sir William Marshal, I am Christian. I am here to take care of your Horse, stable, and train if needed. May I ask of her name? the boy spoke quickly, realizing he was being rude.

Harus, with a smile on his face looked the boy in the eyes, and patted his horse on the back of her neck. Arabella, her name is Arabella. And I do hope you my lad, are good with horses. This one has been through a lot, and deserves to be pampered. he spoke, in a deep tone and dismounted his horse.

You take good care of this girl, and I will ensure that I won't have to replace you lad. he said with a grin on his face.

I will Sir William Marshal, I will! The boy took the reins from Harus and gently started petting Arabella to get to know her.

Harus watched for a few minutes, then made his way towards the giant Oak doors, to see what awaited him inside.
Harus

Re: [RP] The Marshal Château

Post by Harus »

Looking around the property as he slowly brought himself toward the doors, he noticed several buildings and fields strewn about the property. Unaware of what they all where, he simply decided to first find out what awaited him in his new home.

Standing at the bottom of a small stone staircase, he looked up at the doors, and made his way to them. As he rose from each stair to the next, he could see more and more of the first room of the building. So far, liking what he saw, he finally emerged from the last step, and stood for a second, taking in the view again.

Satisfied, he stepped towards the doors, where he could see a man waiting for him inside with some paperwork. Taking his first step inside, the gentleman stood from the seating area, and introduced himself.

Ah, you must be Sir Harus William Marshal. I am Gregorie McDowell, the king sent me for you to sign these, they are the deed which will confirm your official ownership of this here wonderful place.

Looking at the man, seeing he was rather slender, and tall Harus smiled and replied,

Greetings Gregorie, I am indeed Sir Harus. I do hope you have not been waiting long for me, my trip had taken longer then I had expected. he said with a smile, reaching for Deed that the man was holding.

So, I just need to sign these then, great. Anything else I can do for you Gregorie? he asked him as he signed the paperwork on the table next to them, and handed them back to him with a smile on his face.

No Sir, that is all I will be requiring of you for now, and my wait was well worth it. I do hope you enjoy your new home. It is well furnished, and comes with a full staff that will be henceforth paid by the king. They are all here to be at your service Sir Marshal.

Reaching out his hand to shake Gregories, Harus again kept a smile on his face.

Well mister McDowell, it has been my pleasure, but I would like to....make myself at home. I've spent much time traveling.

Gregorie took Harus' hand and shook it firmly, keeping his documents pinched between his free arm and his torso.

Indeed sir. Again, welcome to your new home. Adieu Sir William. Gregorie spoke, and walked out of the residence.

Looking back up around the room, Harus took in the sights of the room he was in. Magnificent! he spoke aloud, and sat himself down on the nearest comfortable looking seat before he wandered off some more.

Harus

Post by Harus »

Sitting comfortably in the love-seat in the den, he decided it was time to move along and see what else he can find. He had already assumed the room off this was the activity room. He could see a Piano through the doorway.

Getting up, he headed up the stairs, again assuming that the rest of this floor was just Kitchen, Pantry and the needed sleeping quarters for the people who worked here.

After making it up the stairs, he looked around each room, discovering what was behind each door. To his amazement, he found several guest bedrooms, and finally the master bedroom, his bedroom. Pleased with what he had found around the house, he walked back down toward the Den area at the entrance of the home.

Looking for someone, he noticed a Butler coming out of the kitchen towards him.

Good afternoon Sir, I am your Butler, Markus Windbloom. Is there anything I can do for you?

Harus looked the man over. Seeing he was wearing his best suit for his occupation, he understood that this Markus took his job seriously, and quite enjoyed it. Though seeming to be an older man.

Greetings Markus, Yes actually I do have a question. he spoke and looked around.

I've explored my new home, but I think now it's time for me to maybe explore the town, and meet some people. Have any recommendations as to which tavern I should visit first? he looked upon Markus, hoping he had a good answer for him.

Markus scratched his chin, then made a funny face as an idea had suddenly arose in his mind.

Now that you mention it Sir William Marshal, I can recommend one that usually has several people in it, locals, and travelers alike. "The Restless Inn". It is located more on the edge of town, if you ride due west once you leave the castle road, you won't miss it.

Thank you Markus. I shall be heading out for a few hours, I do expect supper to be done when I return. A man has to eat. he said with a laugh and patted Markus on his shoulder.

As you wish sir. Do you have any requests?

Harus looked about the room as he thought of something he would like to eat. Hmm, how about whatever your favorite dishes are Markus. I am sure those would be lovely. he smiled and walked out the front door. Walking toward the stables, he saw Arabella, and noticed Christopher was just about to take her gear off.

Maybe later my friend, for now. I am going to spend the afternoon in Cork. he hopped up onto Arabella as Christopher released the reins from where he tied them off. Riding off into the distance, he could see that Christopher was still afraid of his horse, as he should be..she is a tough cookie.
Harus

Post by Harus »

Rosallee wrote:Rosallee's eyes widened in surprise as Harus unceremoniously placed his hands around her waist, picked her up in one quick motion and placed her in the saddle. From her seat on Arabella she looked down at him and saw the humored smirk on his face. She couldn't help but toss her head back slightly and laugh.

"No worries. You will just have to find someone to practice helping onto a horse during your boring retirement years." She smiled mischievously at him before he got into the saddle behind her.

After riding along in silence for a moment he broke the news to her that he had no idea what was being served for dinner. She laughed a little.

"Now I understand why you said it would be an adventure! Do you often invite people to dinner when you have no idea what is being served?" One corner of her mouth twisted upward into a smirk as she stifled yet another laugh.

He gently laughed as she mentioned finding someone.

That task is not as easy as one would assume my dear. He turned Arabella up the road toward the Chateau and could see Christopher waiting near the stable for him, cleaning Arbella's stable.

Aye, an adventure indeed. he nodded.

No, I don't usually invite people over, I just assumed a lady as yourself would rather enjoy good food, verse tavern food in a smelly Inn. he looked up at the Chateau.

Unless you prefer that. I have no problem with returning you to that in which you prefer. a grin crossed his lips, hoping she wouldn't actually want to go back.
Rosallee

Post by Rosallee »

As they road into full view of the Chateau Rossallee's breath caught in her throat. "Your home is breath taking. I am certain that I will be declining your offer to take me back to the Inn... Although my reasons are more do to the promise of good company this evening than because of your impressive home."

She turned her body just enough to be able to turn her head and catch his eyes with her own. There was a smile on her face.

"Good company and good food would be a nice way to end the day. Though if the food is bad... one out of two is certainly not a total loss."

She turned back around and once again looked at the Chateau. It was truly lovely. "Such a large home for one person. You could get lost in there!" She joked.
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

A long time had passed since William had had any visitors to his home. He had spent many days training his skills as a warrior, and teaching some students at the university on how to improve their own fighting skills. His own having advanced tenfold from where he had previously been with his sword skill level. He had taken this new skill he'd learned and volunteered for a local army called the Drakos Division, helping defend Cork from any unwanted criminals and trouble makers. Spending much time with this group of people, training and talking with them.

Again time had passed and he began to be a usual member within the Drakos Division. Being promoted to the Army Lieutenant. He was honored to accept this position, but felt he was still missing something. 70 years he had been alive and within these 70 years he had shut out many normal feelings. Being born and raised in war this explains why. His heart felt empty, like something was missing, but he could not understand what.

Placing his hand around the charm around his neck, he closed his eyes and allowed his mind to be soothed by the elven magic within him. After several minutes of this, he opened his eyes, and stepped into his war room within the Chateau.

Grabbing his elven longsword from the wall, he looks it over and looks at the small imperfections on it. Not from being forged properly, but from all the combat it had been in. You my dear sword, have been my savior for many years, for for the problem I have now, you cannot serve me to victory. he spoke to it, then placed it back on the sword rack on the wall then made his way outside where he went to find Arabella his horse.

Christian, his stable boy was improving some of the wood work around Arabella's stable. William smiled and found that Arabella was out in the pasture grazing away. he softly walked toward her with his elven grace and stroked the mane of her head.

It's time to take a little walk Arabella. Would you like to accompany me? he asked the horse, and within seconds she rose her head and nodded at him. He smiled and walked her toward the stable to place her saddle on her. After several minutes of carefully placing the saddle on Arabella, he hopped on her back, and rode into town.

The Viceroy tavern should help me with my void. he spoke aloud to himself, hoping to meet the person his heart desired.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious awoke early and had decided to take Princess for a ride. Since her divorce from Jace, it was time to get out with Princess.

She asked Sean to get Princess ready for a ride. As you wish, milady.

He brought Princess to the front of the castle all brushed and ready to go. Thank you Sean, she looks beautiful as ever.

She hopped on Princess with her beautiful red dress and rode the countryside of Cork.

It was a gorgeous day out today. How you doing girl? Princess moaned in excitement.

Princess I'm going to stop into town at the tavern. Princess turned towards the town and we arrived at the tavern. She hopped off Princess and tied her to the post and gave her some oats for the wait. Victorious opened the door to the tavern and sat at a table by herself. She ordered some shots of whiskey.

There were lots of new faces in the tavern today. It was nice to see since the tavern had been so quiet lately.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Riding down the hill from his Castle, he looks down upon the town to see which tavern he wanted to enter. Seeing several from a distance, he chooses the one located closest to the center of Cork.

How have you been Arabella? he lead her in the direction he wanted to go. he felt talking to her made them bond more, and feels this is why she is so loyal to him.

Arabella simply snorted slightly and continued to trot forward toward where William was leading her.

Good. I've been alright as well. It's been a long few months. he spoke again to his loyal horse whom which stayed silent for the remainder of the ride. After several minutes of riding, William finally arrived at the tavern in which he had chosen from the hill. he located a perfect spot to tie off Arabella, in a shady area. As he moved closer he dismounted and saw a white horse tied off in the same area. Tying off Arabella, and leaving her her own oats to eat, William steps toward the white horse who had been watching him.

Well hello there Lady. He stopped moving toward her and gently bowed to the horse. William has a high respect for the animal, for Arabella had been his loyal companion for many years, and without her, he would most likely be lost. Slowly he reached out after his bow, and gently ran his fingers across the nose of the white horse. He could hear Arabella behind him snorting out of jealousy. He smiled, then slowly moved away back to Arabella.

You are the only horse for me Arabella, do not worry. He ruffled her mane and walked toward the door of the tavern. Arabella again snorting at him.

Stepping inside, he saw several people, animals, and creatures. He moved about the tavern until he located a empty table. He sat himself and then looked about the room again to take in his surroundings. A fox, troll and from the looks of it many regulars. He began to turn his head back toward his table to see if there was a menu when something caught his eye. A red flicker a couple tables down from him. He looked again, and saw a beautiful woman in a long red dress, holding a glass with a beverage in it.

Hmm.... he thought to himself, wondering why she had worn such a stunning dress to a tavern. Then he recalled a previous time when he had entered a tavern in full armor and gear. To each their own. he peered back to the table after a couple minutes of looking at the lady in the red dress. Pushing his white hair out of his eyes, he located a menu and started to peer through it, feeling slightly hungry.
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious was sitting drinking her whiskey when she saw a handsome elf walk in the room. His long soft hair draping down his shoulders was very attractive. She had not seen anyone like him before. She felt very attracted to him. She started to blush as he started to notice her. She quickly put her head down to drink more whiskey so he wouldn't notice that she was staring at him. She was getting butterflies in her stomach and her body was sending her messages that she had not felt in a long time since Jace had left her.

The regulars were in the tavern and she suddenly saw her cousins, Morghain and Teide walk in the tavern. She saw a few other new faces that she had not seen before but this new gentleman caught her eye the most. He was very distinguished and attractive. She started to feel alive again. She was very happy that she had decided to come to town today. Maybe this could be her lucky day.

She was debating whether to go talk to the new gentleman or let him talk to her.

She picked up another shot of whiskey to work up the nerve maybe he would let her off the hook and come over himself. Only time would tell. Her whiskey was tasting really good now and was starting to feel it in her head now. Suddenly Teide started drinking also and then she quickly walked out of the tavern. Victorious was getting quite worried for her but it seemed Morghain was too so she left with her pack to go look for Teide. I was trying to reach Teide with my mind but wasn't getting anywhere. She must have her guard up so she decided to take another drink of her whiskey while secretly looking at the new man that she was so attracted to.
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

Peering at his menu, he felt like he was being watched. Surely there where stranger creatures in the tavern then him. He slightly lowered his menu to peer into the open area, and saw the lady in the red dress looking at him. He rose the menu back up further and smiled, pretending to continuously read it. he then suddenly stood up, folded the menu and walked toward the lady in the red dress and lay it out in front of her, sitting himself down on the other side of the table.

Have you a recommendation? he asked, crossing his arms and leaning back into his chair, waiting attentively for the beautiful woman in the dress to respond.