Office of the Public Prosecutor ~ Report Crimes here!

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

tigerlily

Re: Office of the Public Prosecutor ~ Report Crimes here!

Post by tigerlily »

I saw naughty Evan too, when I helped to protect the Town Hall against revolters.
He should be sent to the Naughty Corner with no pudding too!!! Tossing apples was fun though :-) giggles

Feb 26, 1655 10:00 pm You have crushed a revolt against Town Hall
You saw Evan rubbing their head thanks to your well thrown apples. Cowering in fear, they run home. (Alignment Change: 1000 to 1000)
Archadeas

Post by Archadeas »

Charges have been filed and sent to the courts.
balerion

Post by balerion »

The way that Aniel has used her new title as a weapon against the Lady Cathrina is frankly appalling. If one is to be a noble of this kingdom surely one must have respect for other citizens, not lord over them about how they have a higher rank.
Any form of disrespect towards the King of Fenia, or any member of the Fenian Nobility will not be tolerated, disputes between nobles will be handed personally by the Monarch. The Nobility should be addressed by their proper titles of Lord and Lady, or whatever is appropriate to their title, at formal events and other appropriate occasions. Also the Nobility while deserving respect must also hold themselves with bearing fitting of their position and should always behave in a way that will not disgrace themselves or the Realm of Fenia. Furthermore regardless of their rank, all Nobles are granted a seat in the Royal Council chamber where their political views, thoughts, criticisms and opinions can be expressed amongst the other Nobles and Monarch of Fenia.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Aida

Post by Aida »

I'd like to kindly point out if there's some jealousy issues, your wife is a Viscountess, and is perfectly within her right to nominate Lady Cathrina for a Barony if she so wishes.

And also, why isn't Cathrina bringing this complaint, instead of having her father do it for her? She's a grown woman, is she not?
balerion

Post by balerion »

I did so as a courtesy after talking to Cathrina.
Shaker of Castles
Archadeas

Post by Archadeas »

While it was inappropriate and unethical, she cannot be brought up for charges on it for now, as Aida pointed out, titles can be nominated and this is more of a civil squabble than a crime, I cannot bring this to court. This should be settled in a nobles court and also, any shame brought down by Aniel rest directly on her shoulders. If you have further details, please send me a letter and talk about the events and I may look into it further.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Thank you Archadeas. I realize this law isn't typically enforced, but seeing as this is the only established place for reporting such things...

In the future should such matters be addressed directly to the king first or to the noble's court? I hope the incident doesn't repeat itself, but would like to know for reference.
Shaker of Castles
Aida

Post by Aida »

To me, I take care of all of the title administration. I can then make a report to the privy council which the King can comment on if he likes, but I don't quite think this kind of nonsense is worth pestering him personally about.

And I must stress the wronged party themselves needs to make a complaint, privately if they like, as it's not acceptable to send someone else to do it.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Aida the only reason I asked is because the law specifically stated that this sort of nonsense would "be handled personally by the monarch."

Thank you Archadeas for your time.
Shaker of Castles
Archadeas

Post by Archadeas »

I will also bring this up and see about it in the privy council, and while yes, this is a back and forth debate on this topic, its hard to get a specific note of worth to charge for. As I said, if you or Cathrina have anything further you wish to add or note, feel free to send me a letter.
The noble court is likely the best place to settle this type of law and bring charges if it is deemed worthwhile.