[RP] Local painter

Moderator: Community Team

Athnal

[RP] Local painter

Post by Athnal »

Breathing morning breeze on the hill near Paz' lake, Athnal felt scents of his childhood. Terrible fumes coming out of his alcoholic mother's muzzle mixed with scents of his early experiences. His gaze slowly explored mirror surface of a lake. A fisherman on the boat seemed to be adopted by the nature itself, loosing his contours and vividness. Delicate mist enshrouded whole picture with a mystery. Athnal understood he won't go back to his old flat in Paz but rather stay here and enjoy burst of colours he suddenly discovered. He left winter of his mansion behind, but his soul was still frozen and nostrils smelled a conspiracy. Being skilled carpenter helped him to build a small workshop. In meanwhile he found a rather small cottage close to the lake. He rented it without any doubts. Every next day in his birth town was a pleasure. He spent most of his time searching for inspirations, watching citizens and their life. Blank canvas he brought from Fenia were reflecting long rays of sun. He had long walks with a paintbrush in one hand, and a mug of vodka in another. Day by day, he waited for ideas to come and bloom in his head.
Maria

Re: [RP] Local painter

Post by Maria »

Maria was taking a thoughtful stroll along the shore, trying to gather her thoughts after a stressful week. It was high time she gave up working on Saturdays but her sense of duty didn't allow for days off. Besides, she genuinely enjoyed her job. But today she was tired and needed to be away from the Town Hall. Feet sinking in the sand with each tiny step, the cool ocean mist helped clear her mind and she felt a peacefulness that had been eluding her the last few weeks.

Without thinking much about where she was going, she comes upon a man sitting in front of a canvas. He seemed lost in thought, staring out towards the water. There were a few visitors in town so she couldn't be completely sure, but she guessed this might be Athnal from Fenia. She remembers hearing stories of when he lived in Paz, long before she arrived here.

Unsure if she should disturb his meditation, she waits for a moment to see if he will start to paint... or if he notices that she is there.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Paz, so this is what it looks like.. Eira said out lou to herself. As she walked through the town with her bags, she looked into every window and place that look Athnal-style or held a certain special atmosphere. Maybe she could leave a message for him but she wanted to see him today. He had spoken about fishing so Eira went towards the lake. Surprisingly he wasn't on the lake fishing in one of those boats but at the shore. It looked like he was painting something. Eira picked up her skirt and ran towards him, bumping into the women near him. Athnal..! I had almost given up hope to find you in this unfamiliar town. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed his thin figure tightly. Looking at the painting, Eira was hoping she hadn't ruined it as she only know noticed the brush in his hand. And a spilled drink in the other..
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Athnal's thoughts carried him away to the distanced alleys of his visions. With his mind's eyes he has seen shapes dreaming subtly on the green shore of lake. He overheard quiet steps behind him, light and softly breaking wind's whistle. He decided to not spoil the effect, and let his visitor contemplate beauty of the moment with him. Eira's voice couldn't be ignored so easily. He didn't make it to turn over to her before she was already hanging on his neck. Brush was still tickling his imagination but the liquor was spilled all over his still blank sheet. He let her squeeze him, kissing hers cheek for welcome. "Hello, I've been expecting you Eira" he said and poked her nose with a brush "how have you been my dear?" he asked watching hers eyes. Athnal looked around, wondering about second person, who shared silence with him a while ago. He noticed a beautiful woman with intelectual gaze. He could only guess it was Maria, as he had never met her personally. He shaked his head and smiled at her "Hello". Athnal was confused if their contact was really limited to messengers so far. His memory often mixed reality with delusions. He made sure Eira was satisfied with greetings they exchanged and said "Please, Eira, let me introduce you Maria, she accompanied me here." Then turning over to Maria "M'lady, let me introduce you my friend Eira...". Then Athnal waited for their reaction, as females were most unpredictable creations of the world he knew.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Eira blushed as Athnal kissed her cheeks. It seemed, well.. normal but still she couldn't help her cheeks gaining colour. I was lost but now when I found you, I'm fine. She smiled a silly smile, ear to ear. Her eyes followed his and she too saw the woman she had bumped into only seconds ago. Mayor Maria? Nice to meet you! Your message was a very nice welcome. When will the blessing of the fish be?
Maria

Post by Maria »

Being suddenly bumped, Maria tried hard not to laugh as Eira rushed up to hug Athnal and knocked over his drink. A clumsy, but endearing moment. He was not at all upset and Maria was warmed by the casual ease with which the two friends interacted.

"Welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you both. I have a hunch that you will feel quite at home in our sleepy little town."

Eira wrote: Mayor Maria? Nice to meet you! Your message was a very nice welcome. When will the blessing of the fish be?
Maria looked somewhat confused. "The blessing of the fish?" It was not unusual for her to forget things. But a blessing is a rather important occasion and wouldn't normally get passed her unnoticed. Was it some type of ritual to help the fish? Or perhaps something to help fishermen catch fish? But that wouldn't really be a blessing for the fish then, would it? Madkcat would surely know more about this... if she could only find him.

"Oh! You mean the blessing of the fish! Well of course, it... errrr.... it will be performed by the priest as soon as the priest comes back. From vacation! Yes, he's on a vacation. And as soon as we find him, we will have the Blessing of the Fish."

Slightly flustered, but pleased to have visitors from as far away as Fenia, Maria only wanted to make them feel comfortable. "I see you have rented the cottage by the shore. It's so lovely here, I hope your accommodations are suitable."

She makes a mental note to stop by the art shop in the morning and have a fresh canvas delivered for Athnal. She has no doubt that whatever comes from his brush will be very interesting.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Athnal listened to a chat of ladies. He had no idea what blessing of the fish was. He sniffed a wonderful opportunity to watch local folklore closer. He wondered if it isn't only another Eira's idea. What a funny conception borned in hers mind? He dropped whole matter when Maria turned to him.

"It's lovely indeed. Quite different from standards I've used to in Widu. Not worse though, surely not worse. I do not regret my choice of place to please my artistic part of soul."

He looked at Eira:

"I hope you like it here as well? You must be more familiar with glory of Imperius and comforts of Royal Castle?" he seemed to be somehow sad "Baah, we can't have everything. What's exactly blessing of fish?"

This very moment fell in his memory. He promised himself to paint their meeting soon.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow was walking her dog Max (who was bounding ahead of her). When she spotted Maria talking to two people (that she hadn't met before) she wasn't sure whether to say hello or not disturb them, but Max changed that.

In his excitement, Max had dived into the lake and he came out near the small group talking. Willow realised what was about to happen and tried to call out Max no and watch out! But it was too late, Max shook his coat dry all over the group.

Willow ran up and apologised - Max come here (holding his collar) :oops: I'm really sorry for Max getting you all wet. Can I run home and get you some towels? she asked quite embarrassed.
Eira

Post by Eira »

Yes, the blessing of the fish. Eira raised an eyebrow at Maria. Mm, very well. Please let me known when a day has been set, I'd hate to miss it. When Maria mentioned the cottage Eira's eyes got big and round. Pulling Athnal's arm she exclaimed excitedly, A cottage! By the shore! A cottage by the shore! I haven't lived all my life in the castle Athnal, never in a cottage by the shore though. It will be interesting! You could fish in your sleep. We'd tie the fishing rope around your big toe and you'd wake up when the fish bites the hook. She giggled and was just about to explain to Athnal about the blessing of the fish. See, we have a field blessing already so I thought that AHH! She quickly stepped behind Athnal to avoid getting wet. When she thought it was safe Eira unhid and saw a young woman looking embarrassed, asking if they wanted towels. I'm fine thank you, I mean uhm.. I have some cloth that could serve as towel in my bags. Athnal? Mayor Maria?
Maria

Post by Maria »

Athnal wrote:
"What's exactly blessing of fish?"
Maria was about to confess that she really didn't know about the blessing of the fishes when the perfect distraction arrived. Eira began to talk of the cottage and fishing and then..... Max! As Willow came running over to them, Maria couldn't help but laugh. Then Eira graciously offered some cloth to dry with.

"Yes, thank you for the cloth Eira. I suppose Max realized the day was getting too warm and decided to help us cool off a bit." With a smile she turned to her fellow Pazian, "Willow, this is Eira and Athnal. They have come all the way from Fenia to spend some time by the seashore and relax. No point in being by the shore if you're not going to get a little wet."