Evangeline

Re: No mass... why?

Post by Evangeline »

What are some of the requirements?
madkcat

Post by madkcat »

~~

A Nymph like creature of Bronze and lumber entered the Town Square.

Finding the Temple of the Faith, he made a loud wail, like the death of a lion, the birth of an eagle.

A bright flash with no sound followed, as the creature turned into a post.
Deacon Datron, Faithful of Paz as well
Your presence is requested for a meeting for the betterment of where we dwell
In the Enclave of the Overseer as soon as you can
We meet to discuss the direction and care of the Faithful in Bravia, our land.

Signed this day, Sent by a Nymph of Gaea
MADKCAT, Apostle of Light, Overseer of Bravia
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Aarwen calls her friend Lumia to wait with her for the white smoke...
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

Evangeline walks away indifferently, she loses faith every time Madkat is around. His sphere is... only toxic.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Jason arrives being in his carriage with his wife. He hopes to find Madkcat around; he was hoping to become the newest priest of the City of Paz as he was a Priest of Light, but an interview was to be done before any arrangements would be made. It is surprising after serving the City of fenia for so long he has made his way to Paz to serve another temple. He assumed nothing very different would be at the temple.
madkcat

Post by madkcat »

MADKCAT takes his presence back in the temple to briefly announce The Status of the Temple in Paz
HeatherVanLarkin
Wulfkin
Orakio
Bacchus
Aarwen
Evangeline
Pandora1432
Jason

Have all applied for the position of Priest.

This is an incredible response.
So, the Town of Paz will have a rotating Priest schedule, where each person will be given a few days to maintain the Temple of Paz,

During their time in the temple, each priest must accomplish each of the following tasks:
Identification with one of the three Branches of the Faith(Light, Neutral, Dark)
Strict Adherence to the Branch you claim
2 Unique Mass' Expanding on one of the Core Statues of the Faith
A Forum active presence(Even if just posting your Mass in the Temple thread, you must have some level of forum presence)
Appointing one of the other applicants as Deacon, to have their turn after their trial period is over(Failure to appoint a new Deacon will be an automatic failure)

Jason has been appointed Priest tonight, and will be in charge of the Temple through November 8th
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

Sounds exciting to me! I would have never thought of rotating priests. That way the community has a taste of each person. What a wonderful idea!
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

But bearing a sheaf of corn stalks Evangeline had gone away already. She didn't see the announcement until she was cleaning windows the next day. Evangeline thought it was neat! Jason had been the very first to have welcomed her into the Order of Mucaz, and she sought him out to listen her to his mass.

She was a begrudging sort of person, however. Since she had given him every opportunity to baptize her, and accommodated him in this task, she listened to him with narrowed eyes because he had never, and for this she had felt slighted by him.
So! For her statement of intents, and purposes, she wrote:Evangeline identifies herself with the branch of Light, being accepted but never baptized as a convert following after the mage of blessing, and empowerment, Zachrin, on January 30th of this year. She chose to because she is a Adept (being capable of, but not yet a Priest appointment) Abjurist (although she's never managed to pull off a spell, only identify them), and he is the most protective of all the Faith or Fallen. She signed in, too!

Evangeline aheres strictly to her faith.

Evangeline will write two unique masses on the core statutes of the Faith; The Vow of Humility/Fasting - since that topic hath not been explored a whole lot therein, and The Vow of Love/The Priest/Priestess' duties.

During which time Evangeline will continue to occasionally use the forum when she's the notion to. Mind you, she has been in mourning for a while because her Lady hath passed away, and for what other purpose had Evangeline been given life but for to be a Handmaiden unto her? Mayhaps time would tell.

And even afterward her temporary appointment, Evangeline will jubilantly hand over the the opportunity to another who has not had it, less there be no one else, and then she would assume that she must to Jason, for he were the first.
In these labors she hopes that she has not misunderstood the directions our Priest has left for us.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I thank all those whom have heard my mass yesterday and for those who have not, there will be a mass each and every day so do not fret. Remember, I am your priest. Regardless, how much questions you need to ask me or concerns even if the amount if a thousand, I will answer them for my pledge to The Faith is to forever teach all about the wondrous works of the Mages and the Faith itself. Within my time as Priest, I will be organizing possibly twice the masses per day, instead of one each day. The primary mass is of course the mass based on the core statues of the Faith, and the secondary mass will be based on blessings.
Aarwen

Post by Aarwen »

I nearly fell asleep priest Jason... maybe we need to work a bit more on the special effects and replace the pianist for someone who can actually play... :lol: