A wizards arrival to a new world

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Ava

Re: A wizards arrival to a new world

Post by Ava »

Ava softly gasped yet again when she was caught up in his embrace and found herself returning with an embrace of her own.
Just remember i shall always come if you call. If you need another hug or shoulder do not hesitate to call.

Even if it is again in a few seconds.

"I do not doubt your words, Ziel." Ava liked the change of pace when his own cheeks glowed a pretty shade of pink. She was about to tell him that it was only a moment of teasing him when Ozworth spoke up.
Perhaps you should stay tonight Ziel. I think she doesnt want to be alone so soon. Ava you have an extra room in your house?

Ava's heart did a flip flop hearing Ozworth's words. She looks to Ziel imploringly. "I do have a couple extra guest rooms.... Do you absolutely have to leave right now?" She needed time alone to think, but she could do that in the privacy of her own room. The thought of having Ziel just down the hall lightened her heart considerably. She would comply with and be happy with whatever he chose to do, as she had no idea what his duties were, nor if they could wait or not.
Ziel

Post by Ziel »

He could remember once as a child him mother summoned his father sitting upon the porcelain throne, Ziel was sitting on the floor playing with blocks as his father materialized. He never let his father forget that moment of embarrassment. Now his mind began to wonder if perhaps it was too early in their relationship to have given her the brooch.

Ozworth may have a good idea. Perhaps i should stay just tonight till you feel a bit better or you may summon me back during an very inconvenient time.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava's heart did another flip when Ziel agreed to stay for at least one night, though she... thinks... she was successful in not letting it show on her face.

Ava smiled softly. "Very well then. This way gentlemen." Even as she spoke she nor Ziel had released the embrace completely, so she does and softly slips her hand into Ziel's own and starts to turn to lead the way to her home....then stops and heads back into the cabin. "I'll just be a moment." Ava makes quick work of gathering up their breakfast dishes and left over sweet jam. She'll take them to her house to clean and return the dishes here later. She was almost to the door when she stops short, turns to her desk and collects her journal tucking it into the basket as well.

She rejoins Ozworth and Ziel softly slipping her hand in his again. "I'm ready now. Shall we go?" Ava has a lot to think about when they get home. She nearly stops in her tracks when that thought crossed her mind. '...they get home'... it raced through her head and heart. Yes she did have a considerable amount of thinking to do later. But for now she was enjoying a pleasant walk with both Ozworth and Ziel and marveled at how extremely content she felt.
Ziel

Post by Ziel »

Ziel feels happy to hold Ava's hand following her to her home. He did have much to discuss with his uncle. He had responsibilities he had ignored and the had to stop. First he had to learn of what exactly those responsibilities were but for now Ava would be the first responsibility he would accept.

He tighten his grip upon Ava's hand for a brief moment then agreed.

Yes lets get you home.

Ozworth smiled looking at them holding hands. He could not have planned for them to be together hand in hand if he had plotted and schemed. However, it was his idea for Ziel to stay at Ava's home. A gentle nudged was all it took. He flew over head quite pleased. It had been an awful day but it was turning out to be the binding thing just as Paiten had planned. It would seem he was wise as well as caring of his Ava.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava's heart still ached from losing Paiten all over again, but already she could feel the beginning stages of healing as she walked with Ziel and Ozworth back to her house. She finally had closure concerning Paiten...that alone is a huge step toward her new life...she glances sideways at Ziel...and maybe new love. A soft smile crosses her face with that thought.

The walk to her house was comfortably quiet and afforded Ava time to think over the day they had. When they arrive she smiles as she watches Ozworth light in the tree by her window once more. "If you need anything Ozworth, please don't hesitate to ask." She smiles as he bows and tucks his beak under his wing. She wondered what he was thinking, but chose not to ask him right now. She looks to Ziel, "Come." She opens the back door and leads him into her kitchen.

"I hope you're comfortable here. Mine isn't a lavish place, but it is cozy comfortable. She deposits the basket onto the kitchen table and leads him down the hall to his room. "This is where you will sleep tonight. You have a private bath through that door. Do make yourself comfortable, Ziel." She starts to leave him there, then stops and turns back. "I'm going to have some tea before bed. If you would like to join me I'll be int he living room."

She smiles and leaves him to settle in and heads for the kitchen. She sets water on the fire for tea and quickly washes up their breakfast dishes. It was then and only then that she realized that they haven't had anything to eat since breakfast. Annnnnd she hasn't been shopping yet. She thinks fast and snags another banana from the fruit basket, gets a plate and a clean napkin and takes it outside for Ozworth. She loosely covers the fruit with the napkin to keep it fresh and slips back inside.

Going to her cold box she rummages through and finds a block of cheese, a couple ripe tomatoes and some pickle wedges...oh and some cream and lemons to use in the tea. She gets a knife and shaves off some slices of cheese, then slices up the tomatoes. Placing each on separate plates, covers them with a napkin and sees to finishing the tea. Going to the cupboard she pulls out honey and a couple plates. Of course she's assuming that Ziel will join her for tea. She places everything on a serving tray and takes it to the living room, sets it on the sofa table. Going to the fireplace she quickly sweeps out the ash and puts fresh kindling and logs in and lites it. Satisfied that the flame has caught on she sets herself a cup of tea with honey and lemon and picks up her book and settles on the sofa. She's not interested in reading really...just hoping that maybe Ziel will take her up on her offer for tea.
Ziel

Post by Ziel »

Ziel sets the extra blankets on the bed and finds a basin of water and towels to freshen up a bit. Putting his gloves back on he sat on the bed to think. Ava must be suffering more than he can imagine. He never lost a lover or wife but when his dear mother past into the eternal sleep he had wandered into his dungeon and never really came out till that fairy arrived. He had thrown himself into various research and spell casting and forgotten about the real world. He hoped Ava would not do that.

She had invited him to tea and his stomach was begining to rumble perhaps she would have a piece of fruit or turtle soup sounded pretty good about now. It was comforting and warm, surely she would have some sustenance. Walking back down the hall way he saw her sitting and reading and on the table something under a napkin. His eyebrow raised in hopes of pickled peacock tidbits or yak cheese.

He smiled and walked over to her.

I thought perhaps i would accept your offer of tea. Perhaps you have a bit of something to go with it to quiet the call of the stomach.
Ava

Post by Ava »

The butterflies in her stomach overpowered the need for food as she sat there staring at the same page of the book. Her mind raced, head to head with her heart. Would he join her for tea and something to eat? Would he be satisfied with the meager offerings of food. From the exotic foods he mentioned in The Twisted Crown, she doubted that this is what he craved...but it was food to calm a rumbling stomach either way.

Slowly she looks up from her book as she senses someone watching her and looks to see him standing at the end of the hall. "Hello Ziel. Do come, join me?

I thought perhaps i would accept your offer of tea. Perhaps you have a bit of something to go with it to quiet the call of the stomach.

"I made a tray of things to make sandwiches and different things to set your tea with. I didn't know what you preferred, so I brought everything out." Ava realized she was babbling and shuts up for a moment. She puts her book down on the end table and takes the napkins off the food plates.

"Do help yourself, Ziel. My food cupboard and cold box have been neglected lately. We can go to the market sometime soon and replenish. We can get some money sorted for you as well." She softly smiles and hopes he likes what she has prepared.
Ziel

Post by Ziel »

His stomach was so empty it accepted everything readily with out complain or suggestion. They sat talking till early dawn of life and love and his tasks to be accomplished. Ziel explained his duty to his people and the need for his return. He was to be leader of his people. A task he did not truly have taste for. The crystal called to him and there were others in need of his aid.

Maybe one day he would have time to woo Ava as she deserved and a maybe some day she would be ready to move forward in her life. Now was not that time for either. Ozworth would always watch over Ava and she would alway posses that pin to call him if she needed him.

With the morning light Ziel stepped through a portal and returned back to his home. There was regret in that choice but it was needful. He would not fail in his task again leaving a man to die because of his selfishness.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Ava thoroughly enjoyed her chat with Ziel, and before she realized it the sun was peeking over the horizon. She covers a very deep yawn about the time that Ziel says he needs to go. He is leaving Ozworth behind to keep watch over her and it does her heart good to know that.

Ava gives him a warm hug and a soft kiss on the cheek. "See you when you get back, Ziel. I really have enjoyed our chat."

With that said he taps the ground and a portal appears...and he disappears through it. A wave of sadness surges through her soul as the portal closes behind him. Her hand drifts up to the brooch he gave her...a soft fingertip traces the delicate curves. With a soft sigh she cleans up the left over foods and takes them to the kitchen and puts them away. A quick peek out the back door window tells her that yesterdays activities must have worn Ozworth out as his banana still lays there untouched.

She quickly washes the dirty dishes and puts them away before heading to her bedroom, taking her journal with her. She wastes no time getting ready for bed and slips between the sheets for some much needed sleep...her journal rests on the bedside table until she wakes up later. No sooner did her head hit her pillow and Ava is lost in a heavy, dreamless slee.....z z z z z zzzzzz.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Fire...Water...Burning...Drowning....

"Ahhhh!!" Ava sat straight up in bed, disoriented...why was she asleep in the day light hours?? And then she remembers her all night chat with Ziel. She settles a little, her hands go to her face and discovers cold sweat on her brow and tears on her cheeks. Yesterdays events flood back into her mind. Ava sinks back onto her pillow and soaks her pillow in silent soul cleansing tears.

Knowing what happened to Paiten, though sad to know she's lost him, she is relieved as well. Now she can take the time to mourn his departure from this realm and begin to heal. She didn't realize that in not knowing...that she was left hanging in limbo. Her life had come to a stand still. She could not go back and bring Paiten back...nor could she move forward. Even when she first met Ziel and Ozworth and has come to truly enjoy their presence in her life...and even a heartfelt connection to Ziel...she knows she would never have been able to move forward when her husband's demise was still undetermined.

But now ... now there is closure and with that closure comes the ability to open another door in her life. The tears finally come to an end as she lays there with thoughts of her Paiten drifting through her mind. He was such a good man. Always ready, willing and able to help any that needed him. Her rock of support and soft place to land when she needed comfort. Knowing now that he was still watching out for her this whole time brings a soft smile to her face. She knew he loved her...but until this moment she didn't realized that his love for her was quite possibly even deeper than her love for him.

Ava rolls onto her back and stares at the ceiling for a moment. The time has come to take a step forward...even just a small step. Her gaze drifts to the wardrobe. Slowly sitting up, Ava picks up her bathrobe, puts it on and ties it at the waist. She walks to the wardrobe, her hand slowly drifts down the carved pine wood to the handle and pulls it open.

One by one each shirt, each pair of pants is taken from the wardrobe and folded neatly. Getting a bag from the hallway linen closet she places Paiten’s clothes inside then sets it by the bedroom door while she gets herself ready for the rest of her day. A quick wash up, hair brushed and twisted up in a clip, sandals, skirt and white button down blouse. Ava opens her jewelry box and pulls out the silver brooch Ziel gave her and pins it to the collar of her shirt. A soft smile crosses her face as her fingers drift over the delicate curves and black pearl. On her way downstairs she picks up the bag of clothes…she has no stomach for food at the moment.

Once outside she looks up into the tree for Ozworth…but he’s not there. Her eyes fall to the table to discover his banana is untouched. Her brow furrows. What does this mean? She thought to at least see Ozworth somewhere close by. But she has no time to search for him now as she needs to get these clothes to the temple. She’ll donate them to the temple to give to any that need them. No use in good clothes being thrown out when someone could use them.

After a short chat with the Mage, Ava decides to replenish her food supplies. At the market she picks up enough food to last a week…even for 3, should Ziel and Ozworth decide to return.

Thought to tap the brooch crossed her mind but she did realize it would have simply have been to be nosey. There was no emergency or dire circumstance that would require assistance from them. She did miss them though…alot. Ava wonders what could have drawn them both away when Ziel had said that Ozworth would be there to watch over her.

Finally getting back home she puts away all the food and decides to go to her butcher shop and get some work done before the day is done...and hopes her new found friends return sometime soon.