[RP]The Awakening

Moderator: Community Team

monos

Re: [RP]The Awakening

Post by monos »

Monos watched as Aingeal awoke, and quickly realized that something was seriously wrong. He watched carefully noticing the concern upon Thorns face. He moves over to the bed when Thorn called for him. He nodded towards Aingeal, he had only met her once, when he was given the title of squire. Deep within his soul a fire raged.

If the King had something to do with this....

He could feel his blood boiling deep within him Crown or not, no one had the right to treat someone... ANYTHING like this. He couldn't even say anything to Thorn as she looked to him for an answer, his hand resting upon his sword, his knuckles turning white.
Telsa Ribbontassle

Post by Telsa Ribbontassle »

Bird still hadn't decided the correct way to deal with this. When it saw a flash of white and black tearing towards it.

"Holy tiger stripes!" Bird managed as he madly flapped its wings. The repairs were nowhere near complete but it was enough to lift him to the nearest bush.

With a near panicked whistle it inched its way further in the densely packed greenery.

"Nice kitty?" The magical parrot made of papier-mache tried its best to make it hard for the magical beast to get at him. Knowing that unless it managed to get back to Dragonform, not likely at the moment, it was going to get put through the shredder.

"Help!" The very loud for its size Bird screamed then whistled again. "I'm not cat food!"
monos

Post by monos »

Monos smiled as he watched everything take place, he saw everything at once, the view of the tiger and the parrot, and mixed in, overlayed was Salkan's view of the parrot. He watched as the parrot flapped trying to take off and fly to safety. Salkan chuckled as he heard the bird calling for help.

There is no help here for you... your kind is not welcome here. You will not be cat food.. as I would not eat crap like you.

Salkan knew that escape would be harder than the parrot realized. With each bounding stride, he was growning larger. His size now was 3 times that of a regular tiger. His eyes glowed red, he raised another paw up, bringing it down again towards the bird this time aiming slightly above it, trying to anticipate the birds path.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

The woman knew her name, but Aingeal couldn’t place the face. Confusion racked her features, she bit her lip while trying to remember.
Thorn_Bracken wrote: Aingeal you're in my Manor... in Fenia City, ...Do you not remember me? I'm Thorn... we knew each other from Imperius... ...You also know Monos...
Fenia city, Imperius, where am I? Aingeal asked, looking around again. Am I still in Bravia? Have they settled more towns? Aingeal asked quickly, trying to remember.I’m sorry... I don’t remember you, Aingeal said, a tear running down her cheek looking between the two people in the room.

The last thing I remember is being on the walls of Paz, defending the town against revolts. Aengus had taken over the town and nightly people were trying to break in. I remember someone making it through the door... there was a fight, then .. nothing, Aingeal tried to explain.
Thorn_Bracken wrote:Aingeal... try to remember... was the King with you? ... The last I knew you were with him.
The King? Aingeal asked, getting more confused. Where are their kings, Bravia has a Viceroy, there are no monarchies in these lands, Aingeal said, picking at the blanket with her fingers. Why would I leave my hometown when I was defending it? Starting to get a bit concerned by the fact these people seemed to know things about her she didn’t, and the more she asked questions the more confused she got, she asked another question.

How long have I been here, how long have I been out? she asked, sitting up a bit straighter. This still is September of the year 1649 is it not?
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn saw Aingeal bite her lip and smiled, thinking her friend often did that when busy, thinking or unsure. Thorn sighed as Aingeal asked a series of questions and thinking carefully answered.

You are in Fenia... next door to Bravia. Imperius is Fenia's capital and Fenia City is the newest town here, she started, trying to explain the geography as simply as she could, having a feeling this would be a difficult job to orientate Aingeal, knowing that the risk of her memory being affects had been hinted at by the doctor. Sighing she continued, saddened that her friend did not know who she was. You've had a nasty bang on the head, or a fall, I don't know what... we don't know what has happened to you Aingeal. What I can tell you is that you are safe here... please believe me. We will not hurt you here... we will help you all we can to work this out.

Thorn listened to Aingeal talk of Paz, alarm bells ringing as she remembered the time vaguely from stories a long while ago. Aingeal spoke of a time before Thorn had herself gone to Imperius.

Yes Bravia has a Viceroy but Fenia has a King,
she answer Aingeal, reaching out to take her hand, seeing her nervously picking at the blanket. We found you earlier today... Thorn paused at the date she heard and glanced at Monos in shock.

It's October 1650 Aingeal... I'm so sorry, she whispered squeezing her friend's hand gently.
Telsa Ribbontassle

Bird whistled again when he saw the magical beast grow in size.

Unable to fly away, the Bird pulled himself all the way to the center of the densely packed bush.

"My Kind?" the Bird squawked from the middle of the bush. "What's my Kind?"

As it waited for the bush to get torn to pieces, it flashed back to the day it awoke. To see a crying kender over him. He had no memory of existence before that date. Telsa made him, at least the dragon him, as a part of a plan to foil the enemies of the King in the land she lived in before. While the plan worked, the construct was on fire at the end and it had greatly upset the tender-hearted Telsa. Whether it was a hidden mage, or a blessing from Telsa's own goddess, Lady Luck, it didn't know, that day it awoke and it had been with her ever since.

While it had been in dangerous situations with the diminutive woman over the years, it did not know how to get out of the current pickle it found itself in.
monos

Post by monos »

Salkan chuckled as he watched the bird dive into the bush, his words spoken softly but deep sounding more like a growl then anything.

Anyone... or anything that is not invited, is not welcome and will not survive. Say what you want... but becareful as it might be your last.

Salkan's eyes burned with a deep passion, and anger roared deep within the creature. He looked at bush and knew that he could sever the bush and the bird within a few swipes, but he had something else within his mind. He slowly moves around the bush and then, as Monos speaks an ancient language softly, and as Salkan takes a deep breath in, he turns looking at the bush, and opens his mouth, a large cloud of fire came from Salkan's mouth, igniting the entire bush in a blue flame. Salkan, circled the bush, watching...waiting to see if he would be able to get his teeth into a bird flambé.
Telsa Ribbontassle

Bird watched as the bush began to burn around it. Perhaps because of the manner in which it was created, or what happened shortly before that time, Fire was the one thing that Bird did not fear. Besides, what kind of dragon would it be if it could get burned!

"My ward is inside those walls. I was ordered to carry her safely to the castle. I don't know how she fell. The people inside took her in. If I must leave I will, but desist in trying to destroy me. At the very least let me free to bring back word to my mistress!"
The Bird chattered quickly.

Bird prepared to suddenly transform into Dragon form, even a wounded one, if the attacks persisted. The amethyst dragon form was so much better suited to handling the claws and jaws of a tiger, even a giant magical one. It did so hope that it would not come to that.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

The woman, Thorn she had called herself, took her hand as she spoke. Aingeal’s eyes widened in shock as she was told it was October of the year 1650. 1650?! Aingeal said, processing this information. Loosening her hand from Thorn’s, she reached up to the cut on her head.

I only remember the fight at the walls of Paz, and if what you say is true, then these injuries are not from that, Aingeal said, bringing her hand to rest in her lap. I am missing a year then, Aingeal whipsered, confusion setting in.

Everything Thorn had told her before started settling in. Looking over Thorn’s face, she could tell this woman was a friend, not a foe. Thorn knew more about her last year of life than Aingeal knew herself. Moving to try to get comfotable, she tried to smile slightly.

I’m sorry if I seem ungrateful, Aingeal said. Thank you for taking care of me, who knows what would have happened if another had happened upon me, she said. A slight move made her breath catch as a fresh wave of pain shot through her left arm. Wincing slightly, Aingeal bit her lip against the pain.

You said I was last with the king? Aingeal asked. I’m sorry to have so many questions, I just don’t remember anything, Aingeal sighed, her head starting to ache the more she tried to force memories. Sinking back against the pillows, she took a steadying breath. Perhaps you can tell me a bit about the last year, and see if I can recall anything, she asked. And perhaps I could get something to drink?
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn felt so sorry for shocking Aingeal with the truth of the year, seeing her shock, and watched as her friend freed her hand to reach to the cut on her head.

You didnt do this in Paz... to find you where we did it was close to Fenia City, she said calmly, for her own benefit now as for her friend's, conscious of the growing confusion, not wanting it to turn into panic. She waited for Aingeal to get comfortable before speaking, wanting Aingeal to have time to process her thoughts.

No, please, dont worry about being grateful Aingeal, she said quickly in response to what was said. I don't want you grateful... I want you to be alright, not scared. I will answer what I can, so feel free to ask... but I want you to relax and rest too... you are in pain, need to heal.

Thorn got up and went to the dresser at the other side of the room and poured some water from a jug there into a glass and brought it back to the bed, sitting first and then handing it to Aingeal carefully. She had seen Aingeal wince and regretted not asking for pain relief from the doctor, thinking she would send someone shortly.

You and the king... you were courting, she said looking at Aingeal carefully, searching for any signs of remembering. You have lived in Imperius for as long as I have known you, we were great friends, she started to say, frowning slightly that she had used the past tense, feeling sorry for her careless start. Licking her lips she got up and went to the jug of water, picking up another glass and pouring herself a drink, calming herself before rejoining Aingeal.

We have been friends for what seems like forever, she started again smiling softly at Aingeal now. You lived in the castle in Imperius, and when I lived there I had a cottage by the river... Thorn then went on to explain things as she knew it about Aingeal's life and told of what she knew about recent events, but that due to personal issues had not for a few weeks corresponded so could not tell her where she was to have had the accident.

I think you need to rest Aingeal, she said firmly. Would you like me to send a note to the King? I think I should... Thorn said standing thinking she would go down and write a quick note for the King and get it sent immediately.