[RP]The Awakening

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

Re: [RP]The Awakening

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal took the glass of water from Thorn, as Thorn tried to fill in some of the gaps. Sipping the water slowly, she gave Thorn a small smile. Nothing seems to ring any bells for me, I get no flashes or memories coming to the surface. Aingeal sighed. By the tone of Thorn's voice, Aingeal could tell the woman was genuine.

I'm sorry I cannot remember, Aingeal said, setting the glass on the bedside table. I have trouble believing I cannot remember a friend like you, but I'm lucky to have such a friend right now, she said, settling back against the pillows again. When Thorn said she needed to rest, she nodded.

I'll rest today, and most likely will have more questions when I wake. Do you think when I wake we could get me cleaned up and in some real clothes, and perhaps walk around... she trailed off, trying to remember the name of the town Thorn told her she was in. Fenia? she questioned, thinking she got it right?

Waiting for Thorn's answer, she pulled up the blanket carefully around her. Her eyes getting heavy she told Thorn, If you think a letter to the king would help... send one... as she drifted off to sleep.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn smiled back at Aingeal, glad her friend had not tried running screaming from the strangeness she was now surrounded by.

Don't worry about your memories, she tried to reassure. They will come in time, give your body time to heal.

Thorn smiled to herself, glancing at Monos who was stood in the background at Aingeal's words about having a friend. Thorn was determined to be just that to her... a friend, and she would help to right whatever had been going on while she had been too busy with her own life. Now she wanted answers, Aingeal needed them and deserved the truth. Not answering Aingeal further Thorn helped her, pulling the blankets up with her, making sure she was covered, nodding at the permission to write the King.

Quietly she left the room and went downstairs to the library and her desk. Sitting she penned a letter to the King and called a servant to her, giving instructions that the letter was to be handed to none by the King.
monos

Post by monos »

Telsa Ribbontassle wrote: My ward is inside those walls. I was ordered to carry her safely to the castle. I don't know how she fell. The people inside took her in. If I must leave I will, but desist in trying to destroy me. At the very least let me free to bring back word to my mistress!
Salkan stared deep into the fire, his suspensions were correct. Any other bird, or any magical creature would have flew and fled from the blue flames, only one creature could withstand the heat. Although Salkan looked at the bird within the bush, he knew that this was what he was up against here. Salkan smiled, wanting to continue this banter, wanting a battle, knowing that he had killed a few dragons in his past. He looked deep into the fire, the blue fire burning deep within his eyes.

If your ward has fallen, then that only shows your incompetance as a protector. She is no longer your ward... and unless you choose to fight me, I suggest you scurry back to your mistress. Do NOT... Salkan took his paw, and with claws extended cut the top of the burning bush away, sending twigs still encased in fire flying across the path. ...ever come back.

Salkan back away from the bush slighly his eyes transfixed upon the bush and the bird inside... waiting for it to leave.
Telsa Ribbontassle

Post by Telsa Ribbontassle »

Bird knew that in its current condition it would likely get even more harmed by the creature before it if it came to battle. Since it couldn't rightly place exactly what the creature was it made even extinction a possible outcome.

As the magical Beast noted Bird's failure at its task, the Bird nearly whimpered. With a cry of dismay (and the hopes that its wings were just repaired enough to hold it) it dove from the back of the burning bush and flapped madly towards the sky.

To find Telsa, and to tell her not only it had failed her, but that Aingeal was now held on lands on which it was not welcome.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

After a few days, Aingeal was well enough to be out and about. She went with Thorn to the tavern, keeping a low profile and not exactly sure what to do. Things were still extremely fuzzy for her, and she ran into another that 'knew' her from the year she had seemed to misplace. Ermalyse said they were good friends as well, and so far Aingeal had no reason to doubt that.

Walking through the town, Aingeal nodded to a couple people here and there, not knowing for sure if she knew them or not. Whispers of things came to Aingeal ears, and she filed away everything to process later. Thorn had told her most of the last year, and even though Aingeal knew it was her past she was being told, it still wasn't 'her'. Passing the square she bought a fruit out of her sling that she brought with her, and bit into the plump orange.

There was discussions about an election, and hateful words being spouted. Her friend had decided to stand up for the people, to be a voice amongst them all. But bullying tactics and hateful words from a select few, and the bid was rejected. Aingeal understood her friends mindset, and knew that most likely it was the correct choice. She made a note to talk with her friend later about such matters, but for now continued walking.

Coming to the lake, Aingeal perched herself carefully on a rock and looked out over the reflective surface. What kind of land am I in, she thought to herself, finishing the sweet fruit and tossing the rind for the birds. So many people forced quiet because of threats of punishment, so many opinion silenced because of the fear a few had. Adjusting the strap holding her right arm to her body, she stood up, heading back into town.

A child knocked into her, causing a jolt of pain to radiate through her arm. What's the rush young one? Aingeal asked, sucking in her breath at the wave of pain. Rumor's of a revolt m'lady, the boy said, rushing off. A revolt? Aingeal wondered. She heard nothing but good things about Thorn and her management of Fenia City. Frowning she went to see what she could do to help. Is this perhaps at the order of the King, to take out who he feels might be threatening him? she wondered. Thorn had told her of her relationship with the King, but Aingeal still had no memory of that. How could I be with someone that would use bullying tactics to entice fear and force his subjects to stand down?

Aingeal went quickly to find out where to defend. A shiver of apprehension went down her spine, flashbacks of the attack on Paz. Shaking her head to clear it, she talked to a few and took up a place on the wall, leaning against it to rest a bit before night fell.
Ember232

Post by Ember232 »

(( hope no one minds me slipping in. ^^ ))

" By and by the woodpecker sighs, swaying and toiling untill the trees die.. " A young voice sang out from the road below the city walls, she could not have been older then thirteen, but she wore expensive clothing, had the armarments of a soldier hanging from her pack-a Sword,Dagger, and Helmet- and carried herself with strength, confidence, and an odd mix of imaturity.

(since it was not mentioned where Aingeal was stationed, I hope its Okay to say she was over or near a gate. )

" And by and by the wood pecker sighs.. " she slowly trailed off, glancing up at the walls of the city, aeeing what appeared as armed defenders. Curious. " Excuse Pup, But why are you all up there? " she called, humming her song inside her head.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

(no worries, I didn't check the forums for a couple days, so don't think I meant to ignore you :D)

After defending for a couple days, Aingeal was satisified Thorn's town was safe. Going back to fishing was boring, and with all the stories she was hearing from all sides, she was more confused than ever. The days blended into one another, her memory still not returning. Her body was slow to heal as well, so she was content to sit in her boat and fish the days away.

This last day of fishing was very productive, netting her four nice fish to add to her stocks. During the time out on the water, Aingeal continued to try to remember. Frustrated with the lack of knowledge, she laid there in the setting sun, determined to find herself again. Either that, or she was going to begin anew.

Going back to Thorn's manor where she had been staying, she walked in quietly, not wanting to disturb the newly married couple. Borrowing a satchel from the closet in her room, she packed up a few meager belongings. She sat down at the desk and penned a quick note in shaky handwritting, as her right arm was still partially useless.
Thorn,

Thank you for all you have done for me these past couple weeks. Without your friendship, I don't know where I would be today. The physical wounds are healing, but the mental ones still remain. Perhaps a bit of traveling, back to where I think is home is in order. Please don't worry about me, I will send a note when I arrive where I end up. I need to find myself, and it's time for me to do so. Thank you for your friendship, and I will see you soon.

Your friend,

Aingeal

Folding it up and putting it on the table, Aingeal slipped back out the door, and headed off to the market for a few supplies.

~~To be continued~~

Continued in Broken Memories<--- click to follow