(CRP) Bethia's Cave

Moderator: Community Team

Bethia

(CRP) Bethia's Cave

Post by Bethia »

The path leading to the cave is overgrown in every direction, barely used by anyone other than Bethia, about 50 feet from the entrance, the ground clears, and is filled with leaves along the ground. Unless one is especially surefooted they would be heard walking there.

Painted on a wooden sign near the entrance is a sign. "Beware of Bears" It kept people out...mostly.

The lake can be heard from the cave...at least Bethia can hear the water from the cave. Going inside the cave it's dark (of course). But candles line the walls. The cave is shallow, but deep enough to hide anyone in the darkness against the back.

If one looks close enough you can see a bed made of branches, piled with furs and blankets to guard against the chilly nights. A pit made of rocks is directly in the middle of the cave so the heat will radiate to the back and the smoke out the entrance. All in all it's not luxurious, and to some wouldn't be comfortable, but to Bethia it's home.
Bethia

Re: (CRP) Bethia's Cave

Post by Bethia »

Harus wrote:He listened intently as they rode down the road. She spoke soft and quietly, explaining herself. She leaned up against him, he hoped she would become more relaxed. He just continued to listen to her, and decided he would stay silent for her sake.

As she apologized for trying to take his horse, he smiled, and placed his hand on her leg and gently gave it a squeeze.

The wind started to randomly pick up and dissipate, blowing her hair into his face as they rode. He moved his hand, and took her hair and placed it over her shoulder, so he could see where he was going.

He then placed his free hand on her leg again, and gently ran his thumb back and forth. He knew that sometimes the simple touch from another person would help calm someone and relax them and attempted to do so with Bethia.

He wasn't aware where he was taking her, but he hoped that wherever it was, that she would be okay
She smiled slightly at his touch knowing it was okay and that he wasn't mad that she'd tried to steal Arabella. As she leaned back against him she could feel the hard metal of his armor, the coolness of it wasn't pleasant but wasn't unpleasant either.

As the wind picked up and blew around them, caressing her skin causing goosebumps, when he pushed her hair over her shoulder she reached up and smoothed it, and left her hand there so she could keep it from blowing in his eyes.

Feeling the warmth of his hand on her leg again she bit her lip and made a point to stay relaxed. It had been a while since anyone had touched her in anyway, male or female, and in this day alone she'd had more contact with this one man than everyone she'd met in the past year.

She sighed softly as the sounds around them changed to something softer. the forest made noise...but it was different, natural and soft, unlike in a town or a tavern, where the sounds were often harsh and unforgiving. She was slowly re-gaining control, but it was loose, and she knew that once she let herself cry again that she'd lose control once more.

Keeping her attention on the path, she used her free hand and pointed to a gap in the trees. "Through there." she said softly, suddenly worried about what he might think of her home. After all he was living in a castle...and this was just a mere cave.
Harus

Post by Harus »

Following her hand gestures off into the direction of a rock formation. He could see the entrance of a cave, and wondered if this is what her home away from home.

He looked to the side and saw a sign painted, warning of bears. He laughed then poked her leg gently.

Warning the people about me are we? he smiled and gestured toward the sign, then placed his hands back on the reigns again and road toward the entrance of the cave. He looked around what he could see from the entrance, a simple cave from what his eyes could see. He then focused his eyesight and could see all the way to the back of the cave. He being a half elf, he had low light vision and could see anywhere as long as a shimmer or light was somewhere.

He then spoke again.

It seems clear from here. So this is it?
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

When he laughed and relieved the silence she couldn't help but smile, shrugging her shoulders she tilted her head back slightly to look up at him. "Something like that..." Looking at the cave entrance she peered into the darkness and listened carefully, nothing had disturbed the place since she'd last been here. That meant she wouldn't have to deal with cleaning up a mess made by people or animals.

Then refocusing her attention on him, she wondered what he thought of her home. "Yeah, this is it." she said softly. She knew that to just about everyone thought she was crazy for living in a cave, but none understood her sensitivity to sounds and smells that made the world so chaotic sometimes. And although this place was far from quiet, it was different, and in the back of the cave she could mute the sounds better.

Biting her lip she looked down at the ground and considered sliding off the horse, it wasn't far and since she had control of getting off this time, she would probably be able to land on her feet. But as she started to shift forward she remembered the tear in her dress and sighed flushing softly. "I bet if I slid off like I was going to...you'd see plenty more than you'd want to." she muttered to William. "Would you mind helping me down?" she asked softly, thinking that she was being a rather big inconvenience to him.
Harus

Post by Harus »

He dismounted the horse and looked into the cave after she asked for help down, then looked back up at her into her eyes and smiled. Placing his hands on her hips, he gently pulled her down and cradled her in his arms then backed away from the horse a little and set her down on her feet.

He understood she needed to get away from noises due to her Grace, but he didn't really agree that she chose a cave in the middle of no where. But that was her decision.

Looking her in the eyes, he smiled again.

Is there anything else I can do? he asked, then looked to see Arabella, who had moved away slightly to rip at the leaves growing on the bushes nearby.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

As he cradled her in his arms, she wondered what it would feel like to be in his arms without the armor between them, as soon as the thought crossed her mind she wanted to laugh at herself. The half elf was 90 years old and thought of her as a child. She was relieved when her feet touched the ground, she stepped back from him before her mind decided she should think of anything else that she shouldn't. "Thank you." She said with a smile looking up at him.

The moment the question left his lips, she wished he hadn't asked that. Running her fingers through her hair she tugged slightly as if trying to get herself to behave. She didn't know what was wrong with her this day. Pulling her hair over her shoulder she stroked it briefly before letting her hand fall slowly to her side again. Licking her lips and looking up at him her eyes darkened slightly as she tried to think of a reason other than the one that was on the tip of her tongue.

Stepping forward again, causing her to have to look up at him even more, and he'd have to look down at her, which wasn't such a bad thing considering her state of dress. What am I doing? She asked herself even as her hand raised to touch his cheek softly, she knew she was idiot for doing this, but only one of a three things could happen...he could either laugh at her and leave, be disgusted and leave...or respond and stay.

Raising her other hand to his face she stood on her tiptoes, and pulled him gently down to her, closing her eyes, she touched her lips softly to his, leaving her touch gentle and soft so he could step back if he wanted to...
Harus

Post by Harus »

Surprised of Bethia's actions. William simply returned her kiss then looked her in the eyes rather confused.

I am afraid, I don't quite get the meaning of that. he said in a questioning manner, then looked back toward the cave again.

After a few seconds, he looked back into her eyes again.

Unless that was your way of asking me to stay? he asked, not entirely sure what to do.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Well..he didn't run away, and he'd kissed her back. That was better than him leaving. Looking up at him she laughed nervously and shrugged. "I don't know the meaning of it either...I just know I wanted to kiss you."

She bit her lip and looked down, and shrugged again. "I won't ask you to stay, I know you are probably busy." she said softly. Then looked up at him again through her lashes. "But if you go...can I have another kiss?" she groaned inwardly at her forwardness, and a flush rose to cover her cheeks.
Harus

Post by Harus »

He looked at her puzzled at her last couple of comments.

If I where to stay, what would that entail? he wondered why she would want him to stay, after all she had tried to get away from him at the Inn, he didn't quite understand.

And another kiss? he looked at her again.

What good would that do you? peering her into her eyes again.
Bethia

Post by Bethia »

Tilting her head she thought for a moment before answering his questions. "Honestly, I'm not sure what it would entail...maybe you could tell me more of my father...or...I don't know." She said her voice trailing softly. Running her fingers through her hair trying to think of an answer that wouldn't sound stupid. "Yes another kiss...it would make me feel alive." she said knowing she probably sounded incredibly childish... yet she knew what she wanted...but wasn't willing to just say it, to act on it...it wasn't that she didn't know how it was more that she wasn't willing to do that, to make the wrong impression.