[RP]Aingeal's Journey

Moderator: Community Team

Aingeal

[RP]Aingeal's Journey

Post by Aingeal »

Dark and stormy, fighting all around, the walls shuddering, people shouting.... someone breaking through.... a bump on the head...then nothingness....

Aingeal woke up, her head pounding. Sitting up she realized she was back in a room, but the concept of time was foreign to her. Looking around for someone, she sat up, her head spinning. Leaning back against the pillows, she ran a hand over herself, checking to see if anything was amiss. Other than a sore spot on the back of her head, she seemed to be ok. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she tested standing up. Wobbling slightly, she made her way to the window. Looking out she was confused.

Where am I she wondered, the landscape unlike what she remembered. There was large expanse of forest, not a lake like she was used to seeing in Paz. How long have a been asleep, and how did I end up here? she pondered as she made her way back to the bed. Already exhausted by the little bit of effort, Aingeal sunk back against the pillows. Perhaps someone might be able to explain things to her...

Aingeal feel into a light sleep, thinking to try to leave the room next time.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Aingeal

Re: [RP]Aingeal's Journey

Post by Aingeal »

The next time Aingeal woke, it was dark outside, and the air was a bit cool. Shivering slightly, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, finding this time when she stood, the dizziness was almost non-existent. Finding a bag beside the bed, she recognized it as her own, and smiled happily. Pulling out some clothes, she cast off the dressing gown she was wearing. Still wonder how I got to where I am, and who redressed me... she thought to herself as she donned her clothes.

Pulling on the pair of softly worn breeches, smiling as they fitted to her body like a second skin. Pulling the soft tunic over her head, she fastened the wide leather belt around her waist, cinching it tight, accentuating her figure. Leaning down to pull on her boots, a wave of dizziness assaulted her, but breathing slowly Aingeal was able to get her boots on with not much trouble. Grabbing a small length of rawhide out of her bag, Aingeal tied back her scarlet locks and looked in the reflection glass.

There still wasn't much color to her cheeks, but not knowing how long she was asleep, nor where she was most likely was the cause. Pulling out her long green cape, she fastened it around her shoulders, pulling the hood up over her head. Praying that all her possessions were in the bag, Aingeal rooted around till her fingers closed around the ornate handle of her dagger. Smiling she carefully pulled it out of the bad, caressing the hilt before sliding it down inside her boot.

Looking again in the reflection glass she smiled. A girl never can be too careful, Aingeal said to her reflection, already feeling more like herself. Heading out of the door, she descended a staircase she found and went out into the night. She began to look around at her surroundings, wondering where to start.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

King LVI knocks on the door to the guest bedroom and slowly opens the door without waiting for answer, used to the current occupant of the room being unconscious

"Let's see if our mysterious..."

He stops talking to himself as he rests his eyes on the empty bed, wondering where the woman has gone, his jaw drops a little

"Gone."

He looks around the room and sees that she did indeed take her possessions with her, or perhaps were taken with her, and turns around and heads out the door. He hurries down the stairs almost, to his embarrassment, tripping. He flies out the door and looks around in the darkness, and sees a figure in the distance. He smiles

"There.."

His pupils turn to slits as he looks at the figure in the distance, still smiling, and begins to walk towards her..

"Hello there... how are you..?"

He says as he walks up to her from behind, being cautious in case she is a bit confused
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Confused at the new surroundings, Aingeal took a few steps forward. The air wasn't much different here, but everything looked so different. Under the cover of darkness the city was quiet, seemingly tucked in for the night. Taking a few more steps, she looked towards the forest. Pulling her cape tightly around her she shivered, feeling as though there was an unknown out there. Used to the serenity of the lake, the forest loomed in the darkness.

Thinking that maybe daytime would be a better time to explore, she began to turn on her heel to head back the way she came. A wave of dizziness came over her again, most likely from being up and about more than she had been. Perhaps I should head back to the room I was in... Aingeal thought to herself, thinking the room seemed comfortable, and she had a feeling of being safe there. As another wave of dizziness passed over her, the back of her head beginning to throb, she leaned down to brace her arms on her knees, lowering her head till the wave passed.
Project LVI wrote: "Hello there... how are you..?"
Her body tensed at the voice, her hand slipping down her leg to the dagger, palming it up into her sleeve. Jerking upright quickly, biting her lip at the nausea that gripped her at the sudden movement, she spun around, her hood falling revealing her face, hoping she was able to mask her fear and pain to whomever had come upon her. Pain and fear were a weakness, and she wanted to show none to the owner of the voice.

Aingeal looked over the man that owned the voice, not lowering her guard, her green eyes flashing with a range of emotions, exhaustion, fear, pain, and yet a challenge to the one that snuck up on her. Palming the dagger in her hand beneath the long sleeve, she took a faltering step back, trying to find her voice.

Hello... Aingeal said, hoping her voice didn't waver. I am... she began, confusion running her mind. How was she? she thought to herself. Realizing that she was somewhere strange, and her head began to pound she said the only thing that came to her mind.

I am....lost... she all but whispered, taking a steadying breath. The figure didn't seem to want to cause her harm, but one was always cautious.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Taking note of what she must have done when she ducked down, he smiles sweetly at her to help her relax, he takes the final few steps up to her while covering his right arm with the raggedy cloak he usually wears
Aingeal wrote:Hello... I am...
She looks so unsure but he continues to smile
Aingeal wrote:I am....lost...
He looks back to the place he was calling home for now then back to Aingeal

"Return to my home with me? Maybe we may try to figure out what has happened to you..?"

He puckers his lips a little in thought

"I've been taking care of you... with the help of some of my female subjects... so?"

Hopes the knowledge that she has been staying at his home helps her decision
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Aingeal watches him smile, a geniune smile that seemed to put her at ease. Her head continued to pound as she watched him step closer to her. Trying not to sway with the pain in her head, she held her ground, trying to appear strong.
Project LVI wrote: "Return to my home with me? Maybe we may try to figure out what has happened to you..?"
Looking at him sharply, at least the mystery of where she was staying was cleared up. She let her gaze wander over him, trying to gauge if he was a threat or not. His smile put her at ease, obviously if he wished to hurt her, he could have done so already. Relaxing she tried to return his smile, she didn't want to appear ungracious.

Have I...have I been here long? Aingeal asked, wondering exactly where here was.
Project LVI wrote: "I've been taking care of you... with the help of some of my female subjects... so?"
Casting her eyes down, she finally wavered slightly, the physically exhaustion great, and she didn't perceive him as a threat. Thank you sir for taking care of me, she softly whispered. The word 'subjects' filtered into her mind, and she raised her gaze up to his. My name is Aingeal....and I hope I haven't put you out by taking care of me... she said, giving him the best smile she could. I think I might take you up on your offer... she said wearily, the fight and strength begining to fade. Leaning down she resheathed her dagger in her boot and stood back up quickly, almost falling over at the dizziness.

At least I didn't get lost again.... she told him with a half grin.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

King LVI smiles back at Aingeal, about to answer her questions, when she almost seems to fall over. He quickly takes the few steps between them and wraps his left arm around her, her right arm end up over his shoulder

"Aingeal.. a pleasure to meet you.."

He smiles a little and forgets to introduce himself and slowly takes a step toward his 'home' seeing if she steps with him, or if she has been suddenly drained of all her strength

"Aingeal, you seem weak.. let us go in now."

He looks around a bit

"A bit nippy out here.."
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

As she faltered, she watched as he came up to her side, wrapping his arm around her. Still dizzy, she leaned against him, glad for the support. Realizing she was allowing herself to become to familiar with a completely strangers, she started to stiffen slightly, before hearing him speak again.
Project LVI wrote: "Aingeal.. a pleasure to meet you.."
His voice seemed to calm her, and she relaxed once more, matching his step with her own letting him guide her.
Project LVI wrote: "Aingeal, you seem weak.. let us go in now."
Nodding she let him direct her back inside, shivering slightly at the brisk night air. The hood of her cape had fallen, the slight breeze disheveling her hair, pooling around her neck and at least keeping it warm. Finally finding her voice, Yes...inside would be nice... she trailed off, leaning more heavily against him, glad she had not gone too far from the house.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Aingeal wrote:Yes...inside would be nice...
As Aingeal leans even more onto him he smiles, lifting her up a bit so she may hopefully stay conscious even if just barely

"There there Aingeal. You'll be upstairs in no time."

Looks at Aingeal before reaching out and carefully opening the door with his claw. The King closes the door behind them his foot, and feels Aingeal go a little more limp

"Aingeal.."

He carefully maneuvers his right arm down and around, sweeping her off her feet, and begins carrying her upstairs.

"You'll be in your bed soon Aingeal."

The door to the guest bedroom was still open and he slips in carefully carrying her. He sits her up on the side of the bed and smiles at her before carefully and slowly removing her cloak before tossing it aside

"Aingeal, can you hear me? Are you alright?"
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Each step that too her closer to the house, brought another wave of nausea rolling through her. The pain in her head was loud, and making thinking difficult. She leaned into the stranger, letting him guide her, grateful for his support. The lights in front of her began to swim, and with a soft sigh she sagged against him, thankful of the blackness that greeted her.

Aingeal had a vague sensation of floating, but of a sense of safety. She embraced the feeling, hearing his voice floating in her head, she stirred slightly, but made no sudden moves. Regaining some of her senses, she felt herself being carried up the stairs, to she assumed her room. Closing her eyes again, she allowed him to take care of her; feeling him set her down gently and remove her cloak.
Project LVI wrote: "Aingeal, can you hear me? Are you alright?"
Getting her bearings, she opened her eyes slowly, coloring slightly at her defenselessness. I'm sorry, I just feel so weak... Aingeal said to him averting her gaze. I do hope I am not putting you out by being here...