The Baptise of Evangeline

Moderator: Community Team

Amladris

The Baptise of Evangeline

Post by Amladris »

Amladris sent a Page to fined Evangeline

My Dear Evengeline,

You are summoned to the Forest of paz for your Baptism
Amladris waits for the future priest to come and find him in the clearing in the middle of the woods proud to be the one to have the honour of her Baptism.
Evangeline

Re: The Baptise of Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

And the page found Evangeline in the hollows that were behind her home. She was tending her corn contentedly, but quickened her self to be to Amladris when he bid her so that she arrived in a hustle and bearing the very clothes that she worked in.

She was used to being compelled to the forests around her city of Paz by all manner of creatures lately. So being careful not to be scratched by, or bludgeoned with low limbs and briar plants she arrived at the secret place, and fell in a heap at the feet of Him.
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris wait for Evangeline to apear .He smell the air coming from the sea .Happy remembering the wonderfull time he spend fishing .As he is lost in his memories ,Evangeline arrive.He smiles and start speacking .

I am glad that you came today. You have shown great devotion to the Faith waiting for your baptism. Your request for my hand in doing so was one I was willing to honour as you have given menot only the chance to be your teacher but your most closest friend. I will not forget your kindness to myself and the many will remember you spreading the word of faith thrue the streets of Secfenia.The path you are taking today is an important journey. It is but one among many. Do not enter lightly as you will be a role model for others to follow the Faith after you.

Amladris waves a hand revealing a potion in it.

Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

Evangeline's seafoam eyes widened, and words escaped her because she had been the personal handmaiden unto the priestess Cimorene throughout her childhood and seen firsthand the consequences of said potions. She could do naught but nod affirmatively as she picked herself up off the ground and bow her head so that her flaxen hair spilled around her face and manage to utter the words, "I understand."
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris smiles and pulls out a second potion. One was clear. The other was a bubbling green potion.

In my hands, I have two potions.The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.
The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows.
These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.
I give you your choice. Do not do it for friends, or even for Love. Pick your potion for yourself and drink."
Evangeline

Post by Evangeline »

And the grove became all a'mimsy with January wind while she considered the words of Amladris. Evangeline did not choose right away, but dwelled on these things in her secret place inside her head. She was partially rent in two, for in this life she'd lost loved one's she longed to be after in the half life. And little, if nothing, pleased her insomuch as tending her plot of land, and working at her workshop so that intelligent thought forsook her.

Evangeline considered these things. She was not bright by any measure, and had no formal education. She was not popular, but that was alright in that she did not subscribe to the conventional school of thought, and took tea mostly to herself. Evangeline was a failed mage, insomuch as she had often practiced magic, but never produced even a charm or two.

Evangeline weighed the words of Amladris, and finally confessed to him, "Oh! I am so dim! I was nearly caught up just now thinking about whether i like spotted fawns, or striped ones!" she finally bawled.

"'I have been standing so long that my knees are ready to fold for to decide if i wanted a green potion or clear. But, lo! If i'd ever a clear thought at all, it is to pursue me after the life of a priestess, studying the teachings of Zachrin, and sharing the knowledge of him."

"And to possess such zeal, and fervency! I am sure i'd rather prefer the green one, sir. Without a doubt."
Amladris

Post by Amladris »

Amladris smiled at the choice. Watching her drink, he rested upon his staff. It glowed green and watched as a green aura surrounded her for a moment.

By the power of the Mages, I hereby declare you to be a follower of the faith. May your days be blessed and your path clear. You are also a special convert as you have studied hard and learned well the teaching of the Faith, remember the faith it self has a perfect Balance with Many paths to chose,what ever this Path may be teach the peolpe of the Faith, and guide them to the teachings of the Mages. I, hereby Nominate you In the Great Temple of Muscaz to be priest of the Temple of Bravia. Serve her well and she will give you bountiful children in the faith.

Amladris Bows bows his head making a circular motion with his staff in the air. A red fire emerged and slowly disappeared.

You are now priest and congratulation now lets go drink .