[Rp] Datron and Maria's House

Moderator: Community Team

Maria

Re: [Rp] Datron and Maria's House

Post by Maria »

"I'm quite well, thank you Vandor."

Noticing that he and Anj were holding hands, she's caught off guard. She knew Anj had met someone... and now things were coming together. It was Vandor that she'd been so up in the clouds over all summer."Why don't you sit down for a while so we can talk. Would you like something to drink?"
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

He nodded and smiled, "Thank you very much." Choosing a couch he sat down slowly, gauging the softness of the cushion, and settled in. "I'm glad to hear you are well. Paz seems to be doing well, a lot of people..... and people like things... around." At that last bit he smiled as he thought of his own elf like ears.

Not strictly comfortable he was at least at ease in this environment; quite different from what he was used to in his wanderings of the wilderness. Different, as well, it was from the far away home he remembered fondly.
Anjoliquee

Post by Anjoliquee »

Anjolique giggled as she saw Vandor give her dad a soft slap on his shoulder, and greeted him. Then he bowed to her mom as well which pleased her. He took my hand very gently into his and I gently squeeze his as he held my hand. I look at my mom and then let go to give her a huge hug, " mom and Dad this is Vandor " I smile at my mom as I begin to blushes and bit on my lower lip when I get nervous.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria gives her daughter a warm hug and remembers what it was like when she first introduced Datron to her family. It wasn't that long ago, almost like yesterday.. . In fact, it was yesterday... no, not really... but it couldn't have been more than a couple of days ago....

They didn't like him so much at first. He was quiet, although very polite. For days after that Puff wouldn't stop making silly kissing sounds every time he saw her. It was annoying. And things seemed tense at home. Her father said she was too young. Her mother didn't say anything. Then Datron started dropping by when Maria wasn't there. He would help her mother carry things home from the market. And he started doing odd jobs around their home. Pretty soon, he was in like flint.

Then a couple of days later, they were married... and a couple of days after that, they had Anj... and a couple days after that, Anj brought Vandor home to meet them. Wait, surely those were days. They couldn't have been.... years?

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she focuses on the moment at hand.
"Anj, how about we go into the kitchen and make some tea for everyone?"
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

Coughing to break the eerie silence he smiled, "I've heard of long moments, but this is ridiculous!"
Datron

Post by Datron »

"indeed it is I wonder where the ladies got off too?"
Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria and Anj come back with the tea and scones to snack on. "My how time flies when you're having fun."

Feeling an uncomfortable silence, Maria tries to lighten things up before taking her seat next to Datron. "So Vandor, I hear that you've been studying. How do you like the University?"
Vandor

Post by Vandor »

"It's quite a nice place, really. I've mostly just been reading a governmental book, but once I'm done with that I'll have a few more choices." He answered her, then sipped his tea. Picking up a scone he regarded it with a strange fascination. "I don't think I've ever had one of these before, they certainly don't bake them back where I come from." As Anjoliquee sat next to him he smiled at her and put his hand on hers.
Anjoliquee

Post by Anjoliquee »

I walk along side mom, as by him, I felt his hand gently squeeze mine. I place my head on his shoulder feeling so happy to be with him here with my parents. I listen as he talk to my mom, I look at my dad and smiled.
Datron

Post by Datron »

Datrons see's the look on Anj's face and is happy for her. He knew this day would come and he is saddened a little yet very happy with her choice in men. He knows that Vandor is loyal and is pleased to know his daughter has chosen wisely. He wonders how long it will take Vandor to build up the courage to ask him the question they are here to ask. He winks at Anj as Van and Maria talk.