[ORP] A New Arrival

Moderator: Community Team

Wandress

[ORP] A New Arrival

Post by Wandress »

The sun was just barely above the horizon as Wandress stepped out from the brush into a clearing, punctuated with shining walls before her. Shifting the sack slung over her shoulder, she scratched her chin idly, trying to decide whether to go on, or return to the forest and seach elsewhere. She had been rather indecisive since the murder of her Clan, but then, she was not used to being so alone. Her tail switched impatiently behind her, slapping the encroaching bushes behind her as she chewed her lip. By Clan law, she was too young to be out, alone in the forest; she was only in her 50th year, she would have had her naming day in another four years, and become a full member of the Clan. In another hundred years, she may have sat in the Council of Elders... Well, there was no Council of Elders, there was no Clan Law, and she would have no naming day. She was all that was left.

A soft, cooling breeze ruffled the dark purple curls cascading down her back; if she closed her eyes, Wandress could almost hear her mother's voice on the wind. She could not dwell on the past. All there was to do was to continue on, forge a new life, start from scratch again. Her claws dug into the crimson wood of her staff as she steeled herself, and pushed on towards the gates of Bravia.
Majestic

Re: [ORP] A New Arrival

Post by Majestic »

He was sleeping from his attack by the robbers. He did not know who had done it but he was quite beat up and tried to head into the town but the injuries took a toll on him and needed to rest. While he was sleeping...he got stirred up hearing someone rustling through the brushes so he woke up and pounce on this person that was walking through. To his demise he was quite shocked to see this attractive lady walking through. He got up quickly and started pacing around.

Oh Im so sorry I didn't even know ummm.... ummm...I thought you were those robbers who attacked me.....

He even paced even more then realized that he had poor manners so he turn to her and offered his hand to her.

I'm sorry forgive me but here let me help you up. Umm...lets see...

He was having trouble speaking because he never had met a lady before in person but he has seen other ladies around but not up in front.

Umm Oh my name is Majestic...what name would this attactive lady go by?

He looked around to see if anyone else was around and saw no one.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

The rustling of bushes alarmed Wandress, and she spun on her heel and landed in a crouch with a snarl. In a heartbeat she had opened herself to the Light, weaving a ball of flame in her palm to be released at the threat. Her staff was held out before her defensively, to distract attention from her weave until it was too late. A young, battered man emerged in front of her, equally startled and anxious in his pacing. Her black eyes followed him as he paced back and forth, her tail swishing nervously behind her as she remained in a tense crouch. Slowly standing, she lowered her staff and let go of the fiery weave. This man didn't seem afraid of her, despite her being...well, not like him. She glanced down at his extended hand, raising a curious eyebrow. Humans had such strange customs, she had been told, and it was best to avoid them. Unpredictable and illogical, at best, violent and callous at worst, and by the looks of him, this man had seen the worst. He had no weapon in his extended hand; a gesture of non-violence? Well, if this was where she was she was going to try and forge a new life, it might be prudent to return the favour. She held out her paw towards him, retracting her claws to show him she wasn't threatening him...anymore. "I am She Who Wanders Close To The River, Daughter of Runs With The Deer, Daughter of Silver Eyes, of the Red Valley Clan. I am honoured to meet you...Majestic." She pressed her paw over her heart and bowed her head in greeting. Lifting her head again, she glanced over his dishevelled clothes. "You...are injured?" she asked slowly, unsure if pointing out his bruises would be offensive.
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

He bows to the lady and smiles in pain.

Injured? Yes...that is why I was here to heal up but it doesn't look like it is helping any at all. However...not sure if you could help me or not? Think you would? Here I have some water if you like. Matter of fact I am friendly to most but I will defend myself to the best of my ability. But those robbers overwhelmed me and I think there were at least 5 that had done this to me. May I ask where are you heading? Perhaps I can join you?

He looked at her not knowing what to expect from this attractive female. For some reason she did attract him like he never felt before but he decided not to show any cards because he did not want to make a mistake.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

"I am-was-too young to be apprenticed to the Healer, so all I know of healing is the basics all young learn in the course of daily play," she shrugged apologetically. "The best I could offer is to clean some scrapes and wrap them. You might be better off seeking a healer within the city, who may have a salve or herbs to speed healing and ease your pain." She turned her head towards the walls of the town, where members of the militia could be seen making their rounds, protecting the city from invaders. Beyond the crenellations, the peaks of various buildings rose to the sky, smoke curling from various chimneys rising into the cloudless sky. Now and then the voice of a hawker rose above the dull din within the walls, selling some unknown ware, echoed by the bark of a dog somewhere inside. It seemed so foreign and strange to the low huts of her Clan in the Valley, but yet it compelled her. She gestured with her tail towards the walls of Bravia, her eyes flicking towards her companion. "I am heading there," she said softly,"to find a new home, forge a new life for myself."
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

He listens to her while she speaks but was glad that she was not something that he needed to be afraid of. He looked to the direction where she pointed interestingly enough that was where he was heading.

Well I would be glad if you could help me with scrapes and cuts. I would do it but I do have more on my back that I cannot reach. However as for going there...interestingly enough I am heading that way was well. But thanks for your help. Where should we begin? The back, arms or chest? As you can see its all over my back, arms and chest. MMM need to find a clearing near the water oh how about there?

He points to the clearing.

That good enough?
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

"I don't need any water...but you'll probably want to sit down first." She set her staff down on the ground, and unslung the sack from her shoulder, dropping it to the grass. Gently she put her paw on his shoulder and pushed him to a sitting position on the ground; even the most basic of Healing took a lot of energy from the Healed, and would leave him tired and fairly hungry for a few hours while his body recovered. Taking a deep breath, she opened herself to the Light, letting it flow through her. She couldn't help but sigh with the sheer joy of it, life and energy pulsing through her body, sharpening every sense; she saw as if she had been blind, heard as though she had been deaf, the smell of flowers more sharp and beautiful, the breeze more sensuous than it had ever been. To her Clan, those who were embracing the Light shone with it, surrounded in a glow, but to others the only thing that had changed about her was her black eyes turning silver.

Holding her paws over his head, she took on a faraway look, as if she was seeing something not there. Carefully she sent a tendril of Spirit into the man, probing for his wounds. Some scrapes and cuts from his beating, nothing too life-threatening, and some deep bruises. Luckily Majestic had no broken bones, no dangerous bleeding. She wove a tendril of Air to join with the Spirit, gently pushing bits of dirt and gravel from his cuts, falling away as if brushed from his skin. Slowly a thread of Fire entwined with Air and Spirit, Water and Earth shortly joining it. Running purely on instinct now, her fingers twitched as she made the intricate weave of the five Powers, residual motions from her training as a child. The movement of her hands did not help the weave itself, it only helped her keep track of the threads. His skin knitted together rapidly under the weave, the scratches disapperaing as if they had never been, and the angry purple of his bruises already fading. As soon as she had done it, her eyes widened in shock, and she hastily let go of the Light, much to her regret. What she had done was dangerous; Healing like she had done without decades of training was strictly forbidden to Apprentices, it was too easy to kill someone with the wrong weave, or one too strong for the one being Healed. The man seemed to still be alive, but she cursed herself. She shouldn't be doing things she didn't have enough training in, and now she never would. "I am sorry, I should not have done that. How do you feel?"
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

He was amazed at what she was doing to him. To be told it felt good having her hands on him and feeling what it felt some energy flowing through him. He had heard stories of some races could do this but HER?! He was quite impressed so he looked up in her eyes and smiles.

Thanks Wanders and to be truthful it felt good feeling the energy running through me. I have heard of stories of races being able to do that but I was never quite sure. However I did have some food Oh yeah its back there would you like some food? Im starved.

He tried to get up on his own but could not then he looks up at her letting her know he needed help getting up.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

She held out her paw to help him up. "I should have told you, Healing takes a lot out of you. You should take it easy for a while, and yes, you'll have quite an appetite. I'm sorry, I just intended to clean the wounds; fixing them should have been left to a proper Healer." Shaking her head she gathered up her belongings, still cursing herself for a fool. The Light could do so many things, but it was dangrous in the hands of those who weren't trained; she could have killed herself along with him. She slung her bag over her shoulder, giving Majestic a nod. "No, I'm not hungry, but we can go get your things and try and get into the town. It would be nice to try and find some sort of lodgings for this evening."
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

He hears her cursing but he stops her.

Im actually fine just that I had trouble getting up I think the energy locked me in position but you did fine. Just that I will be fine walking to town with you.

He looks into her eyes and smiles catching the beauty of her eyes.

Anyhow I am starved yes but not that starved let me get my bag and my food.

He grabs his bag and pulls out a piece of bread and eats it then swings his bag on his shoulder. But the gaze of Wanders catches him and he felt drawn to it and her. He shook it off.

A'ight shall we head to Bravia? I tell you it is good that I met you on the road by mistake. Thank you for your help. Anyhow if you ever need help..I would gladly help you since you helped me. I think what you did was right by the way my injuries have healed. So how did you learn to do that? Well to be told....I was supposed to be learning Magics but that never happened. However I do pray that I will learn and be able to heal through Magics. Something else....I do know some herbal lore but I did not have any healing properties on me because they were stolen. Rare ones I might add.