[RP] Menfe (Memphis)

Moderator: Community Team

Sekhmet

[RP] Menfe (Memphis)

Post by Sekhmet »

Having arrived in the City of Imperius, Isis Sekhmet settles into her new modest home. She decides to name it Menfe (Greek: Memphis), after her home in Egypt. She hopes all the good memories she has of her past in Menfe will help bless her new home in Imperius.

Sekhmet uses what she can to give an offering to Ra, that he might bless this home. She burns the offering in the middle of her doorway and lets the incense rise up to heaven. Above the doorway, she writes the name of her new home in hieroglyphs.

Sekhmet takes a step back and smiles at her work. Although her new beginnings in Fenia do not allow her the luxury she once had in Menfe, it still gives her great happiness to have a home of her own.

Walking inside to do some cooking, Sekhmet leaves the door open for any who might wish to come visit.
satin

Re: [RP] Menfe (Memphis)

Post by satin »

Watching in the distance to the unusual woman with obvious skills. Satin silently eyes the development of the woman's home. Standing quietly across the street. Straight as a board, fingers playing in her long locks of hair. She watches her busy abode with great interest.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Isis looks out her kitchen window while she's preparing dinner, and sees a beautiful woman, which is not an uncommon sight in Imperius. However, there was something about this woman that made her stand out above the others. At that moment Isis realized that the lady was also watching her. Isis smiles and putting the finishing touches, carries the meal to the table.

Walking outside her door, she waves to lady.
"My good lady, please join me for dinner. 'Twould be an honor to be your host," Isis bows, beckoning the woman to join her.
satin

Post by satin »

Fairly surprised to have been so quickly noticed. Satin jumps a little seemingly nervous. Pushing a leg far beneath her and to the side. She lowers into a deep curtsy prepared to drop further along the ground in a full worshiping bow.

Not one to be rude to such a kind offer as a meal. Besides she was purposely skipping days of meals to save some money. "It would be my pleasure to enjoy a meal in such a beautiful presence." Quietly she moves to follow the woman in to her home.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

"Please forgive me for not having much furniture, as I only just arrived in town," Isis apologizes, glad that at least she has a table and chairs. Quickly setting the table, Isis says, "Forgive my rudeness, I seemed to have forgotten my manners. I'm Isis Sekhmet. I didn't think to introduce myself at first because it seemed like there was a connection. Do you ever sometimes first meet a person and feel like you must be kindred spirits?" Isis blushes a bit, hoping she doesn't sound silly.

Isis sliced the sesame-raisin bread, and offered the lady some honey to pour on it.
"I hope you find Egyptian cuisine to your liking." Isis offered some dates, figs, and pomegranates to the lady.

Now up close to the lady, Isis looks at her facial expressions, and smiles. The lady seems to have very intelligent eyes, so Isis hopes they might become friends.
satin

Post by satin »

Following her in as she rushed to establish the eating placings. She smiled wishing to help, but not wishing to intrude. "You have already more than my hobble across the way. I am new here as well." She smiled softly eyes flickering along the feast being set up.

Pushing her hair behind her shoulder so as it wouldn't find it's way easily into the food she took a seat. Marveling to Isis's unique clothing. Not being worldly traveled at all the cuisine she wouldn't know about. Taking up a piece of the raisin bread she placed it softly to her lips. First taking in the aroma finding it delicately sweet. Then slips it slightly past her lips. Grazing her tongue over the moist texture. It was pleasant, and sweet even with out any honey.

Taking a dainty bite she chewed it pleasured. "If all the food is like this. I love this Egyptian cuisine!" Thinking a moment she grinned mischievously to her. "Do not feel odd. I noticed the connection as well. Feel like perhaps causing some mischief?"
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Isis smiles, happy that the lady finds Egyptian cuisine to her liking. Her smile grows wider, and she gives a giggle as the lady asks about causing some mischief.

For a moment her thoughts flash to the egg she is keeping, and she wonders how this choice will affect it. Pushing that thought aside, she knows her new friend is only interested in fun.
"I'm all for having a good time," Isis answers with a smile. "What did you have in mind?"
Last edited by Sekhmet on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satin

Post by satin »

Defiantly pleased with the raisin bread it soon disappeared as she watched Isis carefully with her eyes twinkling. Reaching for a fig her mind spun in many directions of how to cause mischief, but first she would sample more of this unique food.

First noticing the fig wasn’t plump and fresh in appearance. Likely from the length of transport to this location. Could just be she chose one a little older than the others. Not one to be squeamish she takes a quick bite from the fig. With a slight crunch her eyes grew in reaction. The dry texture of the exterior soon disappeared. Leaving a taste similar to the raisons in the bread. Just slightly softer in sweetness.

A simple smile crossed her lips as the fig soon slipped into her gut. Little did she know the later effects of such rich food would be for her. Her body never having enjoyed such depth, and natures purity.

Leaning forward slightly towards Isis the simple smile now turning to a devilish grin. “Well I have noted a real shortage of the male persuasion in Imperius. Have you noticed this as well?” Her mind was still grasping wildly to the thoughts in her mind. Tortures, small tricks, and all the way to invasions.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Isis nods, "I know what you mean. There is a high ratio of women to men. That is probably how my father came to have so many consorts." Isis wonders for a minute if she should have mentioned this. "Egyptians are largely monogamous; however, my father was Fenian. That's why I've come here. My mother sent me to find him. She said he had many women, and I wondered how this could be. Now that I am here I understand. It seems it must be necessary for these women to share a man. I suppose not all women would be satisfied with having to share."

"Are you thinking of some way to increase the male population? That may make it more difficult for me to find my father, but I will help. It seems my father is no longer in Fenia anyway. If he were, I am sure I would have found him right away."
satin

Post by satin »

Astonishing was the story of this woman’s father. Her brow lifts into an arch as she listened carefully to the tale. Almost, but not doing it, shaking her head. She couldn’t believe it possible to loose ones father in such a low population of men. Shoulders pinned straight back she leaned forward just slightly. Her long hair unraveling around her shoulders. Smiling softly she took another sample of her cuisine.

“Most defiantly need to increase the male population, or possibly decrease the female.” With a wry grin she turned to see what it was she picked up this time. Glancing to find a pomegranates she didn’t even pause in taking a bite.

A juicy fruit slightly tart in flavor ran over her tongue. Rushing into her throat. Her eyes lighting up brightly as the smaller seeds played around in the juices. Pulling back as she felt some juices travel down her chin she chuckles. Turning slightly red in rouge to her being so sloppy. Little did she know how badly this would effect her later, but she wasn’t exactly being warned how to much of this food was a mighty powerful laxative either. An it isn’t exactly like it wasn’t to late for caution on such a young stomach.

“I think I shall travel. I hear not far from here it is the very opposite. More men than women. Certainly we can even these odds out just a little.” Smiling her mind flicked to considering sharing a man. She herself rather fond of Isis. She wouldn’t mind sharing with her in the least. Though any other women she might have a down right tantrum. She was very demanding in her needs. Not that she could admit it. Neither could she share how already in her young years she turned the numbers in her favor.

Having found a strong man who was very eager and talented to claim her. Then again she did like secrets very much. Gave her mind something to work on in the silent hours of the day. “Think you would like to join me? I mean in the search for your father of course.”