[RP] Menfe (Memphis)

Moderator: Community Team

Sekhmet

Re: [RP] Menfe (Memphis)

Post by Sekhmet »

Isis giggles when her new friend suggests decreasing the female population. "Indeed, it is as they say in some countries: There's more than one way to skin a cat. Of course, I would never do such a thing. Cats are sacred to Egyptians. To kill a cat in Egypt, even accidentally, incurs the death penalty."

Isis smiles as the lady suggests traveling together to find her father. "That is very kind of you. Thank you very much. I would love to join you on your journey." Isis continues to eat with Satin, not thinking to warn her of the effects of this kind of food, as she was used to it. Besides, her diet prevented her from getting as much build up in her bowels as the Fenians, so this kind of food would not be as hard on her as it would be Satin.
satin

Post by satin »

Playfully she looks upon her new friend. Amazed for a moment how lucky she had proven herself. A silent but complying lover. One she could easily not only marry, but share. Now a kindred spirit for a friend.

It was then the first rumbling of a bubble wiggled in her stomach. Trying hard to ignore it as she looked to her friends speaking. A thought in the back of her mind hoping beyond all else she to hadn’t heard that. Especially as she was feeling it.

Turning her discomfort into a astonished look at the thought of loosing ones life over a cat. “Y..You aren’t kidding a death sentence? I couldn’t kill a cat, but man’s life over a cat.” Stopping to think for a moment.

The uncomfortable rumble pops inside her again. Swallowing hard eyes glance down quickly to the food. Carefully she slips a hand into her lap. Trying to appear normal, and pulling it off fairly well so far all and all. She had been happy after all to hear she would have another traveling companion. “Oh this is great! We can poke Slick up and down the road. Put beads in his hair, and take turns making him carry us.”

Stopping to chuckle another smaller whizzing rumble rolls up the inside of her stomach. Now she knew something was going on, and could only hope she could find a way to quietly release some breeze.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Isis nods intently. "Cats are treated with much respect in Egypt." Isis notices the woman looks a bit queasy. She starts to apologize for the conversation, concerned that the talk of death is what has made her companion so ill, but her companion quickly changes the subject to someone named Slick. "Who is Slick?" Isis wonders, as she has a feeling he may be a bit strange.
satin

Post by satin »

An avalanche began twisting and turning inside her. Now for sure Isis could hear the gurgles, and rumbles. Satin's eyes began to dance excitedly with a hand upon her lips. "No, please excuse me."

Lifting from her seat she rushed to the door. Her hand grasping urgently at her stomach, and broken whistles left after each step. Running from Isis's home before she could explain Slick. Satin disappeared into the growing dusk.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Sekhmet is left sitting in shock. Her eyes wide open. "Well that was strange..." Isis doesn't know what to think, not having expected her new friend to run off so soon.

Finishing the rest of her food, she picks up the empty plates and takes them to the sink. She washes her dishes and wipes her table clean.
"Cleanliness is next to godliness. I may not have much in my house, but what I do have is clean," Sekhmet says to herself satisfactorily.

Finishing her day, Sekhmet climbs into her tub for a rest, looking at her new egg.
"So I guess I didn't do anything bad today. Guess that means I've only given you good spiritual energy, right?" Sekhmet pokes her egg, and it wobbles a bit. "So when are you gonna hatch?"

Falling on her bed, she places the egg on her pillow. "You think I'll make some new friends tomorrow, Eggbert?" she asks her magic egg before falling asleep.
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

That night, Sekhmet dreams she is a mermaid, swimming through a clear blue sea. She has such fun playing with all the fish, then suddenly, one fish, different and meaner than the others, slaps her. Sekhmet awakes with a start, and looks eye to eye with a fish in her bed!

Screaming, Sekhmet falls over herself, which is quite a feat considering she is lying in bed. Her hands flail, knocking her precious Eggbert. It takes her several minutes to recover herself.
"O Blessed Nefertiti! That was nearly a catastrophe for my Egg. Luckily it only rolled off the pillow and onto my cushy bed. I should be more careful with little Eggbert in the future." Sekhmet gently scoops Eggbert in her palm and moves him over to the night stand.

Getting up, Sekhmet inspects the fish laying in her bed.
"Well, you're an unusual fish. Not any from the Nile, that's for sure. And since you're not from the Nile..." Sekhmet breaks into a grin. "That means I can eat you!"
Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

Quite some time had passed and Sekhmet had now settled in her new home. Still, she had not done what she came to do.

"Father... I'm coming to find you!"

Leaving her house unlocked, Sekhmet goes to search the city with her little egg.