Tigerlily and Misty's little Home in Widu

Moderator: Community Team

tigerlily

Tigerlily and Misty's little Home in Widu

Post by tigerlily »

ImageImage

Tigerlily had just arrived in Widu and she decided to head for the tavern to look for any signs of her family. Lily was happy to find her big sister Ermalyse and her cousin Misty :D in there. While chatting, Misty and Lily decided to put their money together and buy a little house to share in Widu. They searched and searched, and then finally they found a little house that suited their needs and by luck was close to Erma's house too.

Lily and Misty spent their spare time tidying up the place, planting flowers outside and of course setting up the vegetable patch and wheat field they needed. They both decorated their own rooms as they wanted to, but shared the decorating of the rest of the house.

The problem might be the cooking Lily thought and she hoped that Misty had more practice than her at cooking but she was willing to give it a go.

Misty and Lily are now settled into living in Widu.

Our Loyalty and honor is to the king!
tigerlily

Re: Tigerlily and Misty's little Home in Widu

Post by tigerlily »

Lily woke up early in the morning, the sun was shining through her bedroom window and she could hear birds chirping outside. She got up and dressed for the day, she had to go to the market with her harvested wheat.

Lily quietly moved around the house, hoping to not disturb Misty who was probably still asleep in her bedroom. She went to the kitchen to make breakfast. But found that they had forgotten to go to the market for food. Searching the kitchen she found some oranges, so she peeled one and ate it while she sat at the table glancing at the garden.

Lily decided she better start making a list of food they needed - Bread, corn .... um what else? she said aloud as she wrote it down for her trip to the market.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Rubbing her eyes Misty walked into the kitchen to find Lily eating an orange. Good Morning Lily. Isn't it a beautiful day?

She picked up an orange to eat and noticed that Lily was making a list for the Market.Could we get a couple of Chicken legs? I feel like cooking a nice tea tonight.
Misty loves cooking, one day she hopes to get a job as a Baker.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Lily smiled when she saw her cousin walk in.

Hello Misty, yes it is a nice day and good morning.

Lily adds the chicken legs to her shopping list. So I have bread, corn and chicken legs and I might get some more oranges too. Remembering the other orange, she hands it to Misty for her breakfast.

I'm heading to the market to sell my wheat and pickup the food on our list, if you want to come she told her. If not, have a nice day and I will see you later!

Lily was happy that Misty had said something about cooking meals, she wasn't sure how to tell her, that she didn't have much experience cooking. She placed the list in her pocket and headed out to gather up her harvested wheat and then headed to the market.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Good luck with selling your wheat, Misty called to Lily as she waved goodbye. Hmmm...what should I do she thought. I know, I'll go and pick some pretty flowers to put in a vase.

Misty walked outside and stood for a few minutes, just listening to the birds sing. Taking a deep breath to breathe in the lovely perfume of the garden she walks up the path to the rose garden.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Lily waved good bye to Misty. And she headed off to market with her wheat.

At the market, she saw lots of people selling and buying stuff. She also spotted oranges and potatoes in the fruit and vegetable stalls. But she decided, she should sell her wheat first. Lily finally found the wheat market and calls out her price trying to get a sale - wheat for sale-great for milling! she called. She was pleasantly surprised that the mayor purchased her wheat quite quickly.

Then Lily headed back to food market, she saw lots of yummy looking food - there was fish, meat and chicken legs. Lily asked for some chicken legs - can I please have some chicken legs the stall owner said certainly how many can I get you thinking, Lily decided can I have four please. The stall owner placed her purchases in a bag and gave the price to her too, Lily handed over the money and took the bag from her with thanks.

Lily looked at her list and thought she better head to the vegetable stalls, she spotted corn, potatoes and oranges. Hello, can I please have some corn, potatoes and orange - these bags are fine thank you. Certainly miss said the stall owner. Handing over the money and taking the bags of corn, potatoes and oranges with thanks.

Checking her list again, she realised she just had bread to go. So she headed to the bread stalls to pickup a couple of loaves. Putting her bags down, she glanced at the different loaves and decided to pick the ones with seeds in them - they looked very yummy. Can I have a couple of loaves of those please. Certainly miss said the stall owner. They were wrapped up and handed to Lily who handed over the money in return with thanks.

Pickup up her bags again, she started to head home with her purchases. As she was walking she spotted some wild flowers that she thought would look nice in a vase somewhere. So Lily stopped, put her stuff down and picked some flowers to take home. She then wondered why she did that because now she might have problems carrying her shopping. So Lily sat down to ponder how to carry the bags of corn, potatoes, oranges, bread, chicken legs and now the flowers ;)
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Thinking that Misty might be getting worried about her, Lily decided that she had better head home again. So she picked up her shopping - the bags of corn, potatoes, oranges, bread, chicken legs and the wild flowers. Her arms felt like they were stretching, but she knew she had to get home so that Misty could cook dinner (she was carrying the main ingredient).

As she walked she started humming a song that her nanny had sung to her as a little girl. This brought a tear to her eye remembering her nanny's love.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Misty picked a beautiful bouquet of roses, yellow, red and white ones. Each one had it's own beautiful perfume. When she had picked enough she walked back down the path and up to the house. Once inside, she looked for a vase for the roses. Finding one, she filled it with water and placed it on the dining table. Standing back she smiled. It reminded her of her life, not so long ago, when she was living at home with her Mother and Father. The smile soon turned to a tear as she thought about her parents.

Putting the sad thoughts out of her head, Misty started to think about what she was going to cook for tea. She would have to wait for Lily to get back from the market to see what she had managed to buy. Hmmmm...Lily has been gone for a long time, I hope she is ok.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Lily finally reaches home, walking up the path she hears bird calls and wonders if there is any crumbs that she could give them. Lily then spots Misty looking at the window for her and she smiles :) at her.

When she walks in the door, she puts everything down on the table and rubs her arms. She wonders if they had grown some :lol: ? I'm sorry I took so long Misty, I had to have a break on the way home, the shopping was very heavy she said. I hope I'm not too late for you to cook dinner? Can I help? she asked

At that moment, Lily notices the beautiful roses in a vase on the table. Great minds think alike :lol: I picked some wild flowers for us on the way home too. Those flowers are beautiful Misty.

Lily heads to her room to grab her journal. She had decided on the way home, that she would place sales in her journal - price and who she sold to.Whoops nearly forgot to tell you, I sold my wheat to the nice mayor.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Relieved to see Lily, Misty gave her cousin a quick hug. I’m so sorry Lily; I should have come with you to help.
No you aren’t too late, there is still plenty of time to cook dinner. I’ll put the shopping away for you while you have a cup of tea. Leaving the chicken legs and potatoes on the bench she put everything away. Do you feel like a piece of corn with the chicken and potatoes? she asks Lily.

Misty smiled to see the wild flowers, they are charming. Shall I put them in the vase with the roses?
Congratulating Lily on the sale of her wheat, she giggled... it must have been good quality wheat for the mayor to buy it.
Misty thought about her vegetable field. Tomorrow I must go and see if they are ready to pick.

With that thought in her head she gets on with cooking tea.