Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smiles and finishes feeding Annabel.

I hope the food was adequate?
she asked quietly as she picked up her tea and drank. I haven't cooked for a while. In Fenia City I pretty much was looked after and cook was possessive of the kitchen. In fact the cottage is nice... no servants and space not too big for us.

Taking the cloth she had at the side of where Annabel's chair was, she wiped her daughter's face and then lifted her out of the chair. Standing she picked up her tea and smiled at Michael.

Please let's go sit in comfort, Thorn said and carrying Annabel she led the way to the sitting room where she placed Annabel on the rug. I think its all going to be very different after the pampering in the Manor. Though I am sad to leave The Manor. Yet I started here when I first came to Fenia. What about you Michael?
Michael

Post by Michael »

The food was great thank you very much, I would never have guessed you have not cooked for a while. You are a naturalThorn lead Michael to the sitting room. He took a seat and said I started out here in Imperius and i have never left. I must say i love this Town. I used to just focus on my fields but i noticed the Town i loved so much, started having problems. So i decided to run for Mayor and sort everything out so others may enjoy it as i have.
Where is Annabel's dad? if you dont mind me asking.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I'm glad you enjoyed dinner, Thorn said smiling from her seat on the couch. I always loved cooking. Its calming and be warned, you could be inflicted with more food.

Thorn laughed softly and listened as Michael explained how he had come to helping Imperius. She knew of some of his story through their letters, but there was still a lot more she was sure. It was when he asked about Annabel that Thorn caught her breath, the question to be expected, yet one she was not sure she would ever learn to cope with easily, thinking that maybe she should put together a story, but looking at Michael she wanted to tell him the full story.

Annabel doesn't have a dad, Thorn began slowly, looking at Michael as calm as she could, trying to hide her nervousness.Taking a deep breath Thorn continued. Something happened in January, somehow I was hurt... Its hard to explain but Annabel was created to hold my essence and memories? I don't understand it fully myself but six months later the memories and the soul of the former me was given to me, and to be honest Annabel shouldn't be here? But the person who enabled my return made it possible.

Thorn smiled shyly at Michael, knowing her explanation was feeble, but not knowing how to tell that the original Thorn had died while trying to help someone, but that she had been given a second chance.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael listened to what Thorn had to say. He was not sure if he should be happy that Thorn got her Memories back or Sad because this innocent cute baby did not have what other Kids have, a father figure. Well it does not matter how she got here, im sure your just happy she is here with you. I cant imagine how hard it would have been for you to let her go. You must be really thankful to the person who created her.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I'm grateful not to lose her, Thorn said keenly, glancing at her daughter and feeling a pang that she may have had to say good bye to her. I have a second chance, and I want to make it count. I hope also to find peace now I have moved to Imperius because I have had a tough time being accepted back, to find my niche.

Thorn stopped, embarrassed at how much she had said, wondering at why she felt the need to tell Michael as much as she was sharing.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Happy that Thorn has felt she can share so much with him, he says Im sure you will enjoy it here in Imperius. I have been working around the clock to make the Town better for everyone. I'm sure you will fit right in here and finally be able to settle down. If you need anything to help you feel at home, please let me know and i will do my best to help you. Not realising how long he as been at Thorn's cottage for he decides its time to go. wow time flies when you are having fun. I better get going. Thank you for having me over, it was lovely. Michael gets up Thanks Thorn and waves goodbye to Annabel. He then makes his way out the door waving back as he is leaving.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thank you Michael, I feel more positive about things being in Imperius. And yes I will come to you if I need help, Thorn said smiling as she saw the Mayor out.

Once he was gone Thorn turned her attention on tidying and putting things away, followed by changing Annabel and then carrying her daughter outside into the garden, settling down a blanket first and then the child. Thorn spent a little under an hour out there on the grass with Annabel, thinking and enjoying the remaining sun before the day ended. She had enjoyed the company and was pleased at how well they seemed to get along considering before that there had only been the correspondence. She smiled to herself happily.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

The morning of the election results dawned and Thorn woke with a positive feeling, knowing that Michael's hard work had she felt been enough to show people he cared about Imperius. Dressing Annabel in a pretty dress, and when done got herself ready for the day.

Downstairs Thorn put the kettle onto the stove and set about cutting a slice of bread and little piece of cheese, giving them to Annabel who was sat in her special seat. A little later she made herself some tea and sitting at the table determined she would have to go into town later and find out the results for sure, and to hopefully congratulate Michael. Smiling at the thoguht she sipped her tea quietly.
Michael

Post by Michael »

As Michael was taking a walk outside the town to get some fresh air he decided to stop by at Thorn's Cottage.
Maybe he could have a good chat with her tell and tell her the good news about the Mayor elections.
Dropping by unexpected he wondered what kind of response he would get.
He arrived at the Cottage and knocked on the door twice *Knock* *Knock*...he waited patiently for a response
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Hearing a knock Thorn glanced at Annabel who was concentrating on her bread before getting up from the table. She had just finished her tea and wondered who would be calling by at this time, knowing her cottage was not on a main route to or from town. Going to the door she opened it to see Michael.

Hello Michael! she said smiling warmly, surprised. You're about early. I hope everything is well? But please come in... you are most welcome.