Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn_Bracken

Home for Thorn

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

When Thorn first entered Imperius she had looked round with fresh eyes and decided she needed somewhere on the outskirts. The city was too busy for her, and yet she craved company. She Thorn set out on her search for somewhere she could buy with the money she had hoarded over the years, that now she kept in a leather purse on her person at all times.

With listening to people, looking around and sheer determination Thorn found the perfect cottage on the outskirts of the city, to the southwest by the river.
Image She was happy to find that from this cottage she was minutes from the centre of activity, and happier still to find her friend Aingeal.

Thorn having finalised her purchase unpacked her few belongings, having left all but what she wore, a few books, and her utensils and herbs. Entering her new home Thorn stood and looked around, smiling. Home!

During the next few weeks Thorn quickly got to work on one of the fields attached to the cottage, planting wheat. Within a short time she was happily having her first harvest done, and selling it on the local market, earning herself much needed capital. After a few weeks of eating very little, and on some days nothing Thorn went shopping and bought herself some substantial food. While there she visited the tavern and met others.

Returning home Thorn looked at her garden, knowing it was beautiful, but seeing it with fresh eyes again, its potential massive.
Berserker

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Berserker »

Berserker had grown in the forests surrounding Widu but as soon as he was old enough he left to find his fortune in the city. Arriving in Imperius Berserker beings by working in the church to get his name known in the town as a reputable man.

On one of his afternoons off Berserker went for a stroll around the town so as to familiarise himself with his new home, as he walked further out of town he noticed a nice cottage beside a river. Admiring the house Berserker also notices Thorn standing in the garden admiring it. Having met her in the tavern that very day he thought he should go over and say hey.

Afternoon Thorn, nice place you have here. Very homely.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Oh hello there, Thorn said, turning on hearing a voice behind her. Smiling she was pleased to see Berserker standing before her. Out enjoying the air?

Smiling Thorn stepped forward, careful of her footing on the uneven path. There was work to be done but that would give her something to do during free time.

So how are you finding Imperius... Berserker? she asked quietly, looking at him smiling.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Aye out enjoying the fresh air, and exploring the town, still new for me.

Berserker sees Thorn carefully walking along her uneven path.

Aye im liking Imperius, lots of nice friendly people. You know i have nothing going on my afternoons, if you want i can come over and help fix up your path, and any other jobs you need doing, for free of course.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn looked at the young man in front of her and smiled at him, his kind offer a nice surprise. She had as yet not fully decided what needed doing around her new home, but knew the path would require work if she was to ensure none got hurt, including herself.

Why thank you, she said, smiling, a slight colouring appearing in her cheeks. If you are sure then I would be very thankful and grateful to you Berserker.

Thinking a moment Thorn then continued.

I would be happy to feed you for your help, she said slowly, thinking. I can't think of anything else needing doing but the path would be a help.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Orite well il swing by tomorrow with my tools and start then. As for a meal that wouldn't go amiss and i you you think of anymore jobs that need doing just say, im always willing to help.

Berserker looks at the sun lowering itself in the sky and turning the horizon a nice shade of orange.

Well its getting late, i best be going for the night, it was nice seeing you again. See you tomorrow.

Berserker smiles and waves, then begins to head back to town to his little hovel. All in all he thought it was a good day.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn listened to Berserker and smiled.

That would be wonderful, thank you, she said. Good night.

She watched Berserker walking away, and then turning to go into her cottage she looked at the changing colours in the sky. The sky was beautiful and she hoped the sky's colour meant a good day tomorrow.

Entering the cottage Thorn set to work on supper, and as she worked she looked around, looking for things that might need doing. Tomorrow she would work in the house while Berserker, her new found friend worked outside. Smiling to herself she settled for the evening.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Berserker walks up to Thorns cottage the next day with a basket and a large towel. He walked up the uneven path watching his steps so as not to fall over. Knocking on the cottage door Berserker sees Thorn come to the door.

Hey I still cant find my tools to fix your path but I couldn't bear the thought of you all alone in this cottage, so I thought I would come over and invite you to a stroll in the woods and a picnic by the river. I know this great place not to far into the woods, great for paddling. So would you like to come?

Berserker stood at the door nervously awaiting Thorns reply, he couldn't take his eyes off of her entrancing face. He was so caught up in her beauty he almost didn't hear Thorn reply.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

When Thorn heard the knock on her door she nearly dropped the mug in her hand jumping up. She had been wondering only minutes before when the handsome young man would arrive to help with her path. Putting down her mug safely onto the table she hurried to the door and opened it.

Morning Berserker, she greeted smiling like a Cheshire cat, a rosyness in her cheeks.

Then she listened to Berserker speak, explainng about his tools, and nearly stepping back when he suggested a walk and picnic.

I would love to,
she replied quietly, looking up into his face and seeing a look that confused her in his face. Seeing a basket on his arm she smiled and stepping forward onto the step she turned to shut the door. Her movements were automatic, unable to think clearly, only knowing she wanted to spend time with Berserker who somehow made her feet feel like they were floating.

I would love to go for a walk with you, she said blushing, realising she should have said before leaving her cottage and shutting the door. Nervously placing her hand on his arm she smiled. I'm free to go when you are ready.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Hearing her response Berserker grinned from ear to ear. Feeling her hand touch his arm sent a jolt through his body, he felt like there was nothing in the world other than Thorn and himself. Leading Thorn down the path they soon reached the edge of the forest, it wasn't very thick but it was thick enough that if you strayed from the path you would get lost in a world of green. Seeing a flowerbed under a great oak Berserker quickly drops the basket and towel on the path. Turning to Thorn he spoke.

Wait here for two second.

Rushing off to the flower bed Berserker takes out his pen knife and cuts the stem of a few flowers he thought looked pretty and then rushed back to Thorn to give them to her.

These are for you, they remind me of your beauty. Its only fitting you have them.