Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn_Bracken

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn smiled happily when told to dig in. She did not need any more encouragement. She took some bread and slices of chicken and made a sandwich, glancing at Berserker before taking a bite. She was so hungry, and her stomach rumbled as she started to chew her first mouthful. She watched Berserker make himself a sandwich too.

I guess swimming builds appetite, she laughed as she saw him pour out the wine. Then raising her glass she smiled and said, wonderful new friends and to many more days like today... without the soaking of course.

Taking a sip she tasted the fruit and sighed happily. She finished her sandwich and glancing across at Berserker saw him smiling, and the look caused her heart to miss a beat. She could not explain it to herself and just smiled back at him softly.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

After they had finished the picnic and their long conversation Berserker noticed the sun was beginning to go down.

Gosh iv kept you here all day, its about time i took you home.

Packing up the picnic and noticing the basket was far lighter than it had been on the way there Berserker leads Thorn back through the forest path towards her cottage. Noticing she was almost fully dry he couldn't help but chuckle at the days event, it had been a good day. Reaching the gate to Thorns cottage Berserker turned to face Thorn. Staring into her grey blue eyes Berserker was overcome with joy, realising he was just staring at her he quickly averted his gaze and then spoke to her.

Well im glad you came along, i had a good time, and i will be back tomorrow to fix that path of yours. Until then have a good day and stay beautiful.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

The afternoon had passed before Thorn realised how late it was. As Berserker cleared away their picnic she stood and waited, looking at the river and smiling to herself. Wet or not it had been fun. They had talked for so long and time had just escaped them. Thorn could not have asked for more. Berserker's company was perfect.

Walking back through the woods Thorn was more careful with the dimming light where her feet went. She did not want to stumble. Back at her gate Thorn looked back at Berserker and smiled happily, not sure what to say.

Thankyou for today, I enjoyed spending time with you, she said, gushing her words out nervously. Yes tomorrow...

She smiled at his words, his compliment, and looked at him once again, as she had during the day, looking at his features, imprinting them into her memory.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Becoming nervous also Berserker was lost for what to do for a second, coming back to his sense he quickly waves and said goodbye. Walking away Berserker was smiling and he had a spring in his step, once he was a reasonable distance away from Thorns cottage and in the middle of no where he stopped and yelled.

YESSS!!!! I am the luckiest man alive!!!

Quickly collecting himself Berserker walked back to his hovel in the town, intent to find his tools for tomorrow.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn smiled as Berserker said his goodbyes. Watching his walk away she felt butterflies in her stomach and smiling to herself she turned to walk down her path to the cottage. As she walked she hummed a merry tune and at the door paused to take a deep breath.

Opening the front door she heard a noise, a shout and shaking her head stepped inside wondering what it was. Going to the sitting area she dropped into a chair and just smiled. She was so happy. He had been a perfect gentleman... well alright ignore the attempt at drowning her... and at the thought Thorn laughed. The day had been something she had never experienced before. The thought of seeing him in the morning made her heart beat and smiling she took herself to bed early, to dream.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

It was another beautiful day in Imperius, the sun was out and there wasn't a cloud to be seen as Berserker walked down the street with his toolbox. Today was going to be a good day he thought, remembering the picnic yesterday afternoon he fondly remembered how the time had slipped away as they talked. As he thought of Thorn he felt both joy and nervousness, reaching her gate he started to get butterflies in his stomach. Berserker walked up the uneven path and came to Thorns door, knocking twice he stood an waiting until Thorn came to the door. Feeling his heart jump at the sight of her Berserker smiled at Thorn as she opened the door.

Morning fair maiden, im here to fix your pathway if thats alrite with you. And might i say you look particularly beautiful this day.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Hearing the knock Thorn wiped her hands on a cloth as she hurried to open the front door. Smiling as she saw Berserker Thorn felt a warmth wash through her on seeing his smile and hearing his words.

I would very much appreciate your help with my path thank you Berserker, she said happily. And thank you for your kind words…

Blushing she smiled at him, noting he was carrying a box which she assumed contained his tools. Looking down at the cloth in her hands she glanced back from where she had come.

I’ll just get the stew into the oven and will be right out if that’s alright, she said quickly, waiting for his reply.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Aye i would love some company while i work, especially one as radiant as yourself.

Watching Thorn go back inside to put the stew in the oven Berserker puts down his toolbox beside the path and begins rummaging through it, finding a mallet and a chisel and taking it out he eyes up the pathway. Getting down on his knees Berserker begins chiseling away at the uneven stones.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Humming to herself Thorn went back and finished of preparing the stew, Making sure the oven was hot she carefully put the pot inside. Quickly tidying things she went back out to find Berserker.

Outside she smiled down at him, seeing him kneeling and at work. Carefully going to stand out of the way she smiled.

Is it a big job? she asked glancing at the length of path, hoping he would not need to work too hard. I could pay you for the work... I don't want to take advantage of your kindness.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Watching Thorn come back outside Berserker smiled to himself and kept on chiseling. Hearing Thorn speak Berserker stopped chiseling for a second to reply.

Naa its not a big job, it will only take me a few hours to finish the whole drive, and time flies when you are around so no biggie. No no, no need to pay me, its great practice and its fun to be in my company. But if you feel you must pay me back some way you could always agree to come out with me again, are you free tomorrow?

Awaiting Thorns reply before he went back to chiseling Berserker smiled nervously wondering if he would be lucky enough to go out with Thorn again.