Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Michael

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Michael »

Hello Thorn...I was just out getting some fresh air and i decided to stop by. I'm sorry that i came by unannounced. Michael walked into the cottage and saw Annabel concentrating on the bread in front of her. He smiled at her. Hi Annabel. He turned back to Thorn. Everything is more more than well He said with a huge smile on his face :D You are looking at the Re-Elected Mayor of Imperius.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn followed Michael and smiled as he interacted with Annabel. Seeing his smile as he turned to her and spoke Thorn smiled back.

I am so happy for you,
she said happily, and then impulsively hugged him. Congratulations Michael.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thank you. I'm glad i managed to win this election, now i can continue my work in Imperius. It will be much easier for me this Term, i know the ropes and i know what needs to be done. The Town will make a lot of progress during my Term. I guess it was a great time for you to move back to Imperius. He looks at Annabel with a smile on his face You will grow up in a fine Town, I promise you that.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn listened to Michael and smiled at the promise he made to Annabel.

Please take a seat. I'll make us some tea and we can talk, Thorn said smiling. I am glad you can continue to do what you started. Yes I'm glad I came back here, and glad to help if you want it.

As she spoke Thorn took her cup from the table, went back to the stove and checking the kettle of water before placing it back onto the stove to reheat. As she waited she prepared a second cup.

What is the next step for you with Imperius Michael? she asked as she poured the now hot water into the teapot, letting it seep into the tea leaves, before pouring fresh tea into the cups. Is there are a lot of work to be done now? she asked carrying the cups to the table, setting one in front of Michael before sitting beside him.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael took a seat at the table I have taken care of the small problems and the Town is running smoothly. Now i move on to the big problems with the main one being the Market. Its not very profitable for most citizens and some goods stay on there for weeks, even months so ill be doing something about that. If all goes s planned, everyone should make a lot of money from this. Ill be working on this mainly during my term. Aside from this there is not that much work that needs to be done except the usual mayor duties. Taking a sip of his tea he went on well thats enough about that what about you? how are you and Annabel doing?
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smiled as she listened to Michael, knowing how much work he had already done to get things running smoothly, and knowing if he set his mind to something he would achieve it. The market did have a lot of things on right now and she knew that while the basic food stuffs sold due to need, things like the clothing and wool, etc were building up.

I think you will get it sorted, and if you need help ask, and I will be happy to help you Michael,
Thorn said, picking up her cup and sipping at her tea.

Me? Well I am living fairly quietly now, and Annabel seems to like her new home, though I think she misses Kathryn who I left behind in Fenia City and am thinking of sending for her... to help with household chores too, Thorn said smiling. Right now I am doing a little while on council, the laws as you saw are revised and hopefully will sort out the silly little nit picking, though that I doubt. Some arent happy unless pulling things apart. Such wonderful sport in their little minds I think, she laughed, shaking her head. I am refusing to be drawn in. Enough damage has been done and I don't need it. I want to enjoy my time in Imperius, and it is nice being back here. I started here originally before going to Fenia City when it was opened to become its mayor. Those were good days, but gone now, she sighed and to hide a slight frown on her brow picked up her tea again and sipped it to regather her thoughts before setting down her cup and looking at Michael.

I will help where needed, she said quietly. If I'm not wanted then I will live quietly in these walls and keep out of the way.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael listened to Thorn and he realised how much history she had here in Imperius. He was glad that she was back. The town does need all the help that is it can get from anyone who would offer it.
I think you should send for Kathryn...it will give you more free time and we could all use more of that.
I did have a look at those laws and i was very impressed. But like you said im sure there are a few who are searching for loopholes as we speak. Im sure you will be able to handle them in the future. You will have your good days come back again pretty soon im sure of it.
Michael finished his tea. may i have another? enjoying his chat with Thorn he asked for another cup
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn nodded about Kathryn and smiled, sipping her tea.

Of course you may, she said taking his cup and standing, moved to where she had left the teapot, pouring more tea for him, before returning to her seat.

I have finally found some peace here, so I am happy, she said smiling, handing Michael his tea. And yes I think I will send for Kathryn. She can run the cottage, not that there is much to do, and care for Annabel to free me to do other things. But be warned, I like to bake lol.

Thorn laughed softly, thinking Michael might regret her baking.
Michael

Post by Michael »

I would never say no to anyone who loves to bake. The biscuits you brought to my office were delicious. Sipping more of his tea, Michael felt very relaxed. I looking forward to seeing what else you can make.
looking up and Thinking about the smell of fresh baked biscuits he continued sipping his tea.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Smiling Thorn wished she had something to offer Michael, that she would have to get busy later.

I'm glad you liked the biscuits. They were a simple task to make, she said smiling. Maybe if when you have finished your day at the office today you would like to come for dinner? It won't be anything special... chicken maybe or whatever I can get on the market.

Thorn looked at Michael and smiled shyly, hoping he would not think her forward, but feeling at ease enough to ask him.

I'll bake something for afterwards too... a cake maybe?