Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Michael

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Michael »

Id like that. Remembering the office for the first time since he got here. He better get back there. Wont look good if he misses the first day after he is re elected. I better get back to the office. Ill be back in time for dinner, would you like me to bring something?
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I'm happy if you just bring yourself Michael, Thorn replied quieckly smiling. But if you would like to bring some wine maybe? I have none in. Dont work too hard. I am sure the office runs itself pretty much after your last term by now.

Come back later when you have finished work, and there will be a dinner fit for a King,
and at that she laughed softly at her little joke, looking at him and thinking she could be cooking for the future King of Fenia.

I am honoured that you wish to call. Remember you are welcome here, any time, she added, feeling at ease with his company.
Michael

Post by Michael »

he finishes his tea and stands up Thank you for the lovely chat. I will be back later. he waves goodbye to Annabel and Thorn and begins his walk back to his office.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn smiled as Michael left and quietly put the cups to one side before turning her attention to Annabel. Once her daughter was clean again she proceeeded to get ready and then a little later could be seen walking to the town, and market.

At Imperius market Thorn bought some fruit and meat, and bought other little things to start building up the cupboards again at the cottage. She found a messenger and got them to carry a note to The Manor in Fenia City and headed home with Annabel happily chatting away to herself in her own way.

Back at the cottage Thorn set her daughter onto her mat and then began to prepare to bake and cook dinner. Once the chicken was in a tray and roasting, potatoes and carrots around the edge of the same tray, cooking in the chicken's juices, Thorn set to making a cake mix. Once the mix was completed she poured it into a tin to cook, and humming to herself set to making a few other items.

A little later, Annabel napping Thorn sat down with a glass of water on the front door step to enjoy the sun, dinner cooking merrily in the oven and on the hob, the cake made and turned out onto a plate, biscuits in a small container. She did not think it would be long till Michael might return and Thorn was feeling relaxed and content, looking forward to his company.
Michael

Post by Michael »

After finishing his duties of the day in his office, he Opens one of his cabinets and takes out a bottle of well matured wine.
He then begins his walk down to the the Cottage. As he gets closer he can smell the aroma of food in the air. He begins walking faster until he reaches the the cottage.
He composes himself and then knocks on the door.
*knock* *knock* He waits patiently for an answer.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn had not long gone inside when she heard a knock on the door, and hurrying to answer saw Michael.

Come in, come in, she beckons smiling. I was just starting to drain the vegetables and got the chicken out. Great timing Michael.

Thorn led the way to the kitchen and smiling indicates the seating area.

Have a seat on the couch if you want or the table, she said. Also if you can manage, you don't have to knock. The door isn't locked and you are welcome to enter.

Smiling at Michael she sees he is carrying a bottle.
Michael

Post by Michael »

She welcomes him into her house and shows him to the Sitting area. I brought us a bottle of wine...its has been maturing for a while so it should have a good kick to it. Michael hands Thorn the bottle and goes to sit on the couch. Thanks again for having me over. He waits patiently on the couch so that everyone may sit at the dinner table together.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Taking the bottle from Michael she placed it onto the already set table.

Thank you, I am sure we will enjoy it.

Thorn quietly set out the plates and a bowl for Annabel. The chicken she cut pieces and slices from and the vegetables alongside she dished up. Once she had done, gravy in a jug that she carried to the table and placed in the centre.

Dinner's ready! she said carrying the two plates over, placing them in the set places at one end of the table. Would you open the wine please, Michael? she asked going back for Annabel's bowl. Placing the bowl on the table by her own plate Thorn went to the mat on which Annabel sat and scooping her up carried her to the table, setting her into the chair and pulling its tray back to secure the child, before finally sitting down.

I hope this meets with your approval Michael.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael got up from the couch and took the wine bottle. It had a long cork so it was just a matter of pulling it out. He poured some wine in the two glasses for the two of them. From the corner of his eye he saw Annabel watching him. He smiled at her and said Oh no...none of this for you yet. One day when your much older you may have some.
placing the bottle on the Table he took a seat and looked at thorn. Definitely fit for a King He proceeded to take the jug of gravy and pour it over his piece of chicken and placed it back on the table. Taking his fork and knife he looked to his plate and cut a piece of chicken and took his first bite. He could not explain it...it was divine. He looked up at Thorn and said you have outdone yourself...this is lovely He continued to eat his food
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn waited for Michael to taste his food, for some reason nervous that he might not like the food. Hearing his words she smiled.

Thank you, Thorn said smiling, picking up her fork, while at the same time placing the bowl of food in front of Annabel. I'm glad you like the dinner.

Keeping an eye on Annabel feeding herself Thorn began to eat slowly, tasting the chicken and thinking it tender. As she ate Thorn glanced at Michael and wondered if he would like the cake she had baked earlier that afternoon.

Was there much to do in the Town Hall, your office?
she asked quietly before taking another morsel of food. I saw a lot of jobs posted on the bulletin board, and I had my pick of chickens from the market. Imperius seems to have so much on offer right now. Does the town have any trade outlets?

Pausing she picked up the glass by her place and took a sip of wine, smiling as it hit her taste buds.
Lovely.