Home for Thorn

Moderator: Community Team

Michael

Re: Home for Thorn

Post by Michael »

Just another usual day at the office. Most of the Town Halls goods were purchased so i put more on the Market.
I have noticed that as well and i will come up with a way to sort that out soon. We cant have the peoples fields not being worked. We need to attract more people to Imperius so it can flourish
he takes a sip of wine and carries on talking Currently i use the Viceregal Fair to trade off our Towns Goods to Fenia city and the Viceroyalty. Im working on making our Market more profitable for our citizens at the moment. Its a big Task but i should be able to get it done. He carries on eating his food and sips some wine. Do you have any ideas on how to attract more people to our Town?
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn listened to Michael and thought about his words as she ate her food. Before replying Thorn had a sip of her wine, placing the glass carefully down and looking at Michael.

Well I hear there may be an issue soon with the weather affecting crops so am wondering how much of an effect that may have, she started to say carefully. I could always work a field tomorrow instead of chopping wood? she asked wondering if people were doing other things like defending and working the mines or chopping wood if that was why fields were being neglected.

The VR may want fodder so thats the wheat and corn but there are so many clothes and then wool too and hides in Imperius... maybe look at the types of fields or farms people are buying... suggest fields that crops are needed, like vegetables and corn. Bakers... how many are active in Imperius? That would solve the flour, but then millers for the wheat, but wheat doesn't seem to be an issue here.

Do you know how many of what profession and who has what fields in Imperius?
Thorn asked finally, picking up her glass and sipping her wine, the taste warming her as it went down. Sorry I speak too much, but its all relevant.
Michael

Post by Michael »

if you cuold work a field that would be great. I have contacted LBH and asked if the VR needs anything and i am waiting on a reply. Im sure he will let me know soon enough. There is no problems with the fields people have because most of them have huge reserves of the item their field produces so that should keep them going until they figure out the weather. I am also aware of who is experienced in what profession but again many are either studying, teaching, working in the town militia, the castle or the mines. I am working with Morghain and many others on making everything right again. But it will take some time. He continues eating
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn ate a little, thinking of Michael's words, her own thoughts and the subject. She was unsure how to get people to visit the town, or even how to encourage it, having heard how some had left already.

To get people willing to come to Imperius we would need to work on making it attractive, and also Fenia itself as a country. There have been so many changes, such loss here for some that they have left, given up.

Frowning slightly Thorn took some more food from her fork and chewed slowly, watching her daughter who was tucking into her food with her hands, but eating a good amount already.

There is little we can do right now apart from prove to people this is the place to live Michael,
she said and smiling added. I have found Imperius is my home right now, and yes I didn't think I would say so, but you have shown me such welcome and for that I am grateful.

Thorn smiled at him as she placed her cutlery down on her plate, finished with her dinner. Picking up her wine she drank the last few sips of it and placed her empty glass down.

I have something for afters, if you have room for more?
Michael

Post by Michael »

I had made plans to bring in more people but i was going to implement them when i was King as it would be more effective but seeing as this is directly affecting Imperius i will look into implementing it for the Town. Finishing his meal and wine he sits back in his chair. Thorn offers him something else and he says Yes please
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Smiling Thorn stood and gathered their plates up, taking Annabel's bowl from her tray, seeing her daughter's messy hands. Shaking her head she carried the pots to the kitchen side, setting them near the sink to wash later. Then turning to the large plate with the cake, covered by a cloth to keep it hidden and yet protected, she carried it to the table, leaving it covered. Going back to the side she picked up the plates and another bowl, a knife to cut with and a spoon for Annabel and carried these to the table, uncovering the cake.

Think you can manage any?
Thorn asked, teasing as she waited for Michael's response to the rich cake, cocoa used to make a chocolate cake, and decorations on top and around the edge. Smiling she took the knife and cut into the cake, pleased to find it light and springy. Cutting a piece she lifted it carefully from its spot within the cake and laid it carefully onto a small plate, handing it to Michael.

Enjoy it Michael.

Thorn then cut a small piece and put it into the bowl and took this to Annabel with the spoon, watching her as her daughter immediately reached her hand out to grab a chunk to put into her mouth, the spoon ignored. Laughing softly thorn cut herself a piece before sitting again in her seat.

Is there more wine Michael? Thorn asked quietly, feeling cheeky for asking, but having liked the wine she fancied some more.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael watched as Thorn brought over a large plate with a cloth over it and he wondered what it could be. She put it on the table and when she took the cloth off ti and revealed to him this huge chocolate cake his eyes got really big. This cake looks great, i will always have room for desert. Yes we have some more wine in here Before he ate his cake he took the bottle of wine and filled up both of their glasses with wine. Taking his spoon he he scooped up a small of his Cake from his plate. He took his first bite and could feel the softness and all the chocolaty goodness in it. This cake is delicious.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

It was with amusement that Thorn watched Michael taste his cake and thanking him for the wine she took a small portion of her piece of cake, savouring its richness and smiled.
I think the cake with the wine is a lovely combination, she said taking a sip of the wine, and setting her glass back down again. You have good taste in wine Michael.

Slowly Thorn ate some more of her cake, keeping an eye on her daughter who was thoroughly enjoying herself, with cake covering her hands and on her face.

I think someone approves, Thorn laughed, getting up from her place and going to the sink, getting a damp cloth and taking it back to the table ready for use when Annabel had finished her cake. Looking at Annabel Thorn wondered how long before she fell asleep, her eyes looking heavy. Quietly Thorn took Annabel's bowl from her tray and before releasing the tray from its catches she quickly cleaned her hands and wiped her face.

If you'll excuse me Michael, Thorn said standing and freeing Annabel from her chair, picking her up and heading for the stairs, carrying her up and to her room. Laying her in her crib Thorn shook her head at how her daughter snuggled into her blankets and did not stir. Leaving the room Thorn returned down to rejoin Michael, sitting back at the table and picking up her glass.

She has settled down, she said smiling and taking a sip of her wine.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael ate his cake as Thorn took Annabel up to her room. Taking a sip of wine, he continued to eat. When Thorn had returned he had finished his cake and his wine. Thank you for the meal i really enjoyed it and the company. I better get going. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow. Maybe we can do this again some time. He gets up from the table, thanks Thorn again and leaves.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

After Michael had left Thorn tidied the kitchen, washing up and putting things away. Afterwards she had sat and finished her wine, thinking to herself. The move to Imperius was turning out to be the best thing she could have chosen to do. She felt at ease with herself and was able to help the City with chopping wood. It was with relief at her choices, that Thorn retired that night.

The next few days passed quickly for her. She chopped wood, studied at the university and did other chores in her bid to help. The Rites of Succession was coming to an end and voting would begin soon.

Careful Annabel, Thorn said, dropping the weeds to the ground as she leaned to catch her daughter who had leaned too far to reach the trowel that Thorn had set down. Catching her daughter Thorn scooped her up and hugged her, smiling as she moved from her knees gardening to sit on the grass. The day was bright, a very slight coolness in the air, but to be expected at that time of year. Looking round the garden Thorn was pleased to see things were fairly tidy. Things seemed to generally be coming together for her.