RP - The Wakening of Hephastion

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Hephastion

Re: RP - The Wakening of Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

His thoughts moving forward to arriving in Paz later that night, he hoped his face if not his name was forgotten, at least he could lie about his name, but a face unchanging as his would be far more difficult to explain away, thankfull he had mainly kept himself to himself while he lived there all those years ago, he was sure most of those who did know him would be either dying or dead already, his thoughts are brought back to Wandress as a splash of water hisses on the hot coals, signaling the water had boiled.

Watching her as she attempts to busy herself with the mugs, he looks at her "Are you feeling ok Wandress" his voice calm "You seem to be a bit distracted"
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Her eyebrows raised slightly in surprise as she looked at him, before she could smooth her surprise from her face. Turning her face away from him she gathered up the teapot and sprinkled some dried herbs into it. "Do I?" she asked casually, weaving a stream of Air around the boiling pot and floating it across the room to her. The water took a faint green tinge as it poured over the tea leaves, and she watched as if that were the most interesting thing in the world. "I'm fine, really. Just tired, I think, and not quite ready to travel yet, though I'll remedy that shortly. Is there anything else you need to do in Bravia before we leave?"
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

"No im fine, got more than I expected when I arrived" giving her a smile as he remembers her offering herself to him freely

"Take as long as you need, im not exactly in a hurry or pressed for time" hoping the joke about his immortality will lighten her mood a little, he watches her knowing she was hiding something. Give her time what she must have went through last night he couldnt imagine himself, he never had the chance to have his life.

Watching her move around the he drops the subject, as far as he was concerned she was the only friend he had in the world right now, and he didnt want to push her away as he had with other in the past.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Chuckling softly, she poured herself a tea and moved to the table below the window. Blowing steam from the tea's dark surface before taking a sip, she surveyed the items littering the tabletop. It was hard to decide what to take. She wasn't entirely sure how long they'd be gone; Hephastion said just a quick trip to Paz, but what was 'quick' when you were immortal? A day? A week? A year? She didn't have the same time issues as humans; after seeing 50 summers she was barely considered an adolescent; but she also had committments to the people here. They were starting to come to her on their own now, asking her to help them with their various illnesses and injuries. Granted, they still avoided her otherwise, but...baby steps.

Taking another sip of the mildly herbal tea, she turned back to the fireplace and gave a smile to Hephastion. "How far is Paz from here? I have to admit, I've not been further than Bravia. This will be somewhat of an adventure for me; I'm nowhere nearly as well-travelled as I'm sure you must be." Grinning into her cup, she looked up at him over the rim as she took the seat by the fireplace. "Don't be leading me astray now."
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

"As if I would do such a thing" faking offense, he cant hold back and laughs "Its only two days travel there, probably be there for a couple of days then we can come back" the place held too many memories for him, and staying there would only add his anguish.

Feeling the heat from the fire he looked down at his hands, knowing the effect of the fire was only placebo on him, he still liked to think he could take the chill out his bones. From things Modius had told him thirty years was young for a Vampyr, Modius himself had been turned over 300 years before, Hephastion hoped the little things that kept him human would never leave but he knew over time they would soon fade, so long as he could keep the beast at bay he would only grow stronger.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Looking out the window, he opens the shutters slightly, the sunlight wasnt too strong at this side of the house and was bearable, watching as she gets about her business, he waits giving her as much time as she needed. He had no possessions other than those he carried on his person, he wasnt leaving his home for several days, in fact he wasnt even sure if he was heading home.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Settling the thick, pale leather strap of her bag on her shoulder, she knocked back the bitter dregs of her cooled tea. The dried lemon rind among the herbs gave the tea a rejuvinating quality, unnoticed at first but intensifying as the tea sat, casting off the last shroud of oversleep. Hephastion shifted slightly across the room, drawing her attention to him and the fading light outside the window. She hoped this change in sleeping habits would only be temporary; she rather liked the sunlight, and she couldn't imagine the rumours that would start flying about town if the strange, devil-cursed non-human began to be seen only at night. "Two days, hmm? Well, suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be," she said, giving the bag at her hip a light pat as the purple tuft of her tail switched back and forth anxiously behind her. She gave another glance about her small cottage, trying to catch anything she may have missed. The water in the washbin had been emptied, the coals in the fireplace smothered, all other shutters pulled closed against the windows. She crossed the room to the last open window, peering into the watery blue sky, already darkening in the late afternoon. "Will...that be enough for you?" she cast an inquisitive glance at the man.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Pulling his cloak over his shoulders, he opens the door, turning back to her "I hope you have hard feet, this will be quite a long walk"

Stepping outside, he draws the hood of his cloak over his head, the rim covering his eyes, leaving them shining under the hood, he turns back to her giving her a smile "You ready?"

Turning down the street, he looks up at the sky, the light cloud covering helping relax him, he wasnt used to travelling at this time, but had to compromise for her, she would certainly not be used to travelling at night, and he had to adjust his life style for her.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Wandress plucked her staff from where it rested against the wall by the door, a slender length of wood carved intricately with creeping vines and flowers, dotted with small animals among the wooden foliage. Topped with curved and twisting bars, it nestled among them an oval amethyst stone the size of her fist, polished smooth and flawless but for the long crystal vein stretching from base to point. She ached slightly as she touched it; the staff was one of the few of her Clan artifacts salvaged from the wreckage. Her mother's staff had been destroyed with her, but the Mistress of Healing had managed to escape with this one, though she had died of her injuries inside a mile from the fires. She gave a light shake of her head, pushing those memories back.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she replied to him as she followed him out of the cottage, pulling the door shut behind her. "And I wouldn't worry about me. From the day I could walk I spent all my time playing in the forest. Thornbushes and forest carpets are not kind to the soft." She flashed him a grin, her own slender canines peeking through her lips. "I'll try to keep an easy pace for you."
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Smiling to himself at her words, leaving the town he looks back for a moment not sure if he would miss the place or not.

The area was studded with small fields, workers going about their daily chores, the thought of such menial tasks made Hephastion ill, he had been there and done that many years ago, the fruits of his labour thankless at the endless cycles produced by the work. Ironic now that he had as much time as he wanted, that such work would make him uneasy. He had time to learn new skills and trades, even languages. In his thirty years on the road he had learned to hone his abilities and use them to his advantage, now he felt it was time to educate himself.

Watching as the sky turns orange then red as the sun sets behind the clouds, he lowers his hood, turning to look at Wandress as she walked, her appearance unusuall, her tail, the colour of her hair, he had never met any one of her race before, and he began to wonder, he had travelled a lot in his time and had never even heard a description of her kind. The more he thought about it the more he became intreagued by her, she was unique in his mind, as he would have been in hers. He knew of few other Vampyr in the world, and by her complete lack of knowledge of him, she had obviously never met anyone like him, he smiled as he thought about it, enjoying the journey in quiet, used to such moments from the times on his own.

"So, we never really talked about you back there, I mean where are you from Wandress"