RP - The Wakening of Hephastion

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Hephastion

RP - The Wakening of Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

There had been a spate of disappearances and mysterious deaths around the town of Paz, the locals had become warey of new comers and travellers to the area, Hephastion was treated no differently when he arrived with his family, his wife Parmenia and young son Falan. The locals were helpful but only through neccesity, knowing it was helping the town.

As time went on more and more people became friendly towards his family, people welcomed him in the taverns and even offered help when times were hard.

While making repairs to the roof of his small home on a cold wet night, something flies overhead, it seemed too large and was moving too slowly to be a bird. Getting back to the job in hand, he pulls the thatch over the hole.

His attention is suddenly diverted as he hears a high pitch scream, dropping his tools he drops from the roof as another scream cuts the air, as he rounds the corner he notices the door hanging off the hinges, rushing in the sight before him cause his blood to freeze, the words caught in his throat as he tries to shout out.

A man is holding the body of his wife, her body limp as blood gushes from a wound in her neck, the man looks up at Hephastion with a wicked grin, blood running off his chin. Hephastion suddenly bursts into life running at the man, anger flowing through him. Launching himself at the man they collide as his wifes body slumps to the floor, as they fight Hephastion is surprised by the mans strength and speed.

Suddenly he feels a bite at his neck, like burning needles piercing his flesh. Feeling like his life force is being dragged from him he launches his elbow into the mans face, feeling the crunch of bone as the mans embrace breaks for a moment.........everything goes dark.

Waking suddenly with a gasp, his head throbbing and his throat burning, he moves through the small house trying to piece together the events of the previous night, his wifes body is slumped in the corner, a tear forms in his eye as he spots his sons crib, blood staining though the wicker, moving over to the basket he peers over the edge seing the lifeless body of his son "Falan!" his voice weak.

Falling to his knees, he looses conciousness again.

OOC - Im happy for people to join in, but this is set 30 years ago, just putting a bit of a story behind the character.
Hephastion

Re: RP - The Wakening of Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Waking up again, his vision blurred he pulls himself to his feet again looking down at the body of his son, he feels the anger coursing through his veins. Seeing the blood he feels his heart begin to thump in his chest and a sudden hunger over comes him, closing his eyes for a moment he turns away from the crib.

Pushing the door off the hinges as he leaves the dwelling heading towards the town, he needed to gather people to search for the monster that had attacked his family, on his way through a dog begins barking and growling at him, picking up his pace he turns the corner walking into a patron leaving the tavern.

The man pushes him "Out of my way boy"

Hephastion grabs the mans wrist, anger coursing through him again, he punches the man in the face, breaking his nose sending a spray of blood across the mans face. Suddenly everything slows down, feeling his teeth grow against his tongue, he grabs the man by his collar pulling him to his mouth, he sinks his teeth into the mans neck the warm metalic taste of the blood coursing through him, the moment seems to suddenly speed up again as he hears voices leaving the tavern, reluctant to let go of the man he drags the man behind an out building, finishing the job.

With renewed energy he stands for a moment looking at the dying man, sudden guilt washes over him he falls to his knees.

Knowing he'll be discovered and blamed for the previous deaths and disappearances, he makes his way out of town.

Over the next years he becomes a drifter, feeding his urge on unsuspecting travellers and highway men, until a chance meeting in which he tried to attack a man on the road, unfortunatly for Hephastion the man he tried to attack was the same man who had killed his family a few years before. After a long and bloody fight both men realise their endeavour will be fruitless.

"What have you done to me!" he shouts at the man

Grinning the man bows his head *I made you Hephastion, you do not realise the potential you have*

Taken back by the mans words, shaking his head feeling his anger rising again "WHAT!" shouting now "You made me?"

*Hephastion, you need to realise something*

The man introduces himself as Modius, he had been embraced three hundred years ago and had been looking for someone to teach, but all of his previous "Children" had never lasted long letting the Hunger take them to madness turning them into monsters, most of which Modius had ended with his own hand.

The man goes onto tell Hephastion about the Vampyr and that the blood he needs is not only for food, but can be used in many other ways. Knowing inside him what the man done to him, he harbours a deep hatred but at the same time he feels a tie to the man and unbreakable bond. Over the next few year Hephastion learns how to control the Hunger and his urge and to make use of his abilities.

*You can harness the vitae from the blood to give you strength and speed beyond that of human ability, there are other abilities but they take time to hone and learn, some can be very dangerous*

Time went on for the two men and travelled far, but nothing seemed to be able to keep Hephastion from thinking of his family and what Modius had done to him.

Modius decided Hephastion was untamable and set a trap for him, but Hephastion had become strong and the men Modius set up to attack Hephastion were disposed off quickly, his abilities had become almost unstoppable and the final meeting with Modius ended with Modius dying his body torn and mangled as Hephastion discovered his true strength in using the vitae from the blood he drank.

Almost 30 years later, not looking a day older he returned to Bravia, the town of Paz seeming much quieter and more peaceful now. Smiling he knows that is about to change as he makes his way towards the Capital.
Last edited by Hephastion on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molly

Post by Molly »

From her large hills in her maze gardens in Bravia she watches a very unusual scene in the distance. With a broccoli to munch on she quietly sits. Eyes watching for further advancements. The priestess to be very curious to the world around her.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Wandress rubbed a soft lambskin cloth between her paws as she walked down the stone path to the gate. Her paws were not dirty - they seldom were after healings, mostly because she had no need to actually touch the patient - but it gave her some comfort to wipe away the last remnants of pain and injury she had removed. "Give her something to eat before she goes to bed - not so heavy that she gets nightmares, mind. And she'll probably sleep most of the day tomorrow. That's normal." The young mother beside her watched her earnestly, her wringing hands mimicing Wandress' as a young girl, maybe 4 or 5 ran ahead of them both, frolicking among the tall, woody stems along the fence that used to be sunflowers. Once spring had dashed away the last remnants of winter, the garden in Wandress' yard would be a spectacular sight. Bulbs of irises and tulips crouched beneath the earth, bright fireweed stood sentry, tangles of rosebushes all waited for the first signs of warmth to burst forward in their splendour.

With a moderated smile, she tucked the cloth behind her belt before opening the gate for her visitors. The little girl didn't withdraw from her fanged smile as she did when her mother first brought her, even giving a fitful wave of the arm that had been broken. Her mother gently clasped her paw, torn between gratitute and a little fear of the resident that was very obviously not human. When she had first arrived in town, people shied away from her black gaze, even ducking into buildings when they saw her coming so they would not have to share the same street. Many still glanced at her askew, but many more had heard about her healing skills, and had swallowed their fear to seek her assistance.

The gate closed behind the pair with a clang that rang out in the nearly empty street. Night had already fallen over Bravia, punctuated by windows casting out light over the street and blanketed by stars beginning to peek out from the gloomy sky. Her own cottage door remained ajar, spilling warmth and light onto the stone walkway, inviting her back inside where she knew a nice cup of tea would be most welcome. The house was small, with sparse furnishings and modest trappings, but it still seemed a lodge to her; it was a far cry from the smaller, dome-shaped huts she had shared with her family, for what seemed as ages but was only less than a year ago. She had half-turned away from the street back towards her home when a shadow caught her eye. Her black eyes tensed slightly as she peered through the darkness, having a hard keeping her eyes from sliding away from it. A shiver ran along her spine, and her tufted tail swished through the air anxiously.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Seeing the figure in the doorway Hephastion turns smiling softly as he walks closer to her he notices her form, he approaches slowly "Good evening, your the first person i have met since I arrived. I was just wondering if you could direct me to a Tavern or Inn for the night"

As he stands close to the door way a cat scarpers across the street, hissing at him, watching as the cat scarpers off into the night he turns back to the woman smiling "Seems even the animals are warey of strangers in these parts"
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Her eyes were considering as the man approached her, his gait fluid yet measured, speaking to a grace and surity of himself, quite dissimilar to the other humans she had been observing since arriving in Bravia. This was her new life, after all, and she wanted to fit in with her neighbours. Ivory claws curled around the gate latch slightly, her tail lashing anxiously behind her. Well, fit in as best as she could, under the circumstances. Black irises flicked back to the man that stood before her, an unreadable smile upon his face, and she chastised herself silently for her hesitation. "Ah, a traveller? Welcome to Bravia, good sir. I can't imagine you would meet many on the roads after dark; there is too much in the woods that is unknown, and the unknown can be...frightening, to some people." She gave him a muted smile, careful to keep her fangs hidden despite his apparent fearlessness of her. There was more than enough of her that seemed fearsome to others; her face was tattooed around her eyes and down her cheeks, long ears poking through violet curls that cascaded to her shoulders, held only by a small golden band. More tattoos scrawled over those shoulders, marking her Clan and her position; when she had apprenticed for a few decades, she would have gained more markings down her arms declaring her a Master in her crafts. Well, that was behind her now, she would never Apprentice, nor become a Master of the Light. The best she could hope for was to learn on her own, and not kill herself or anyone else in the process. "There is a tavern just down the road, they should have a spare bed for you. I do have a pot of tea waiting, though, if you are interested in joining me? You can tell me about what brings you to Bravia. Not everyone in this town is wary of the unknown."
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Even though he didnt drink tea, the offer was a pleasant one. Her appearance was not what captured him but her manner, she didnt seem to react to him like others did "Sounds good, it'll take the chill out my bones" knowing full well he had a permanent chill in his bones. He wasnt hungry yet and this woman seemed interesting, he could spend some time with her before he had to feed.

Over the years he had learned and mastered drinking and eating food without making it look obvious, he tried to actually eat on several occasions hoping the sensation would go away but everytime it ended the same way, him bringing up the undigested food moments later.

"My apologies milady, my name is Hephastion. I am actually from Paz but have not been there in a few years"
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

The gate swung open with a click of the latch, and she beckoned him to follow her as she made her way down the smooth stone path and through the open door. Warm lamplight was a welcome relief to the darkness outside, illuminating the sparse furnishings inside. A small, unfinished table with two wooden chairs sat underneath the window, littered with a few small pots and various sprigs of dried herbs bundled with twine. A slightly sweet aroma filled the air, aromatic herbs she had steeping in the teapot near the fire hearth. Another set of chairs sat near the fire, plainly upholstered, but plush with padding. They sat skewed from the hearth, clear they had been moved for a purpose. A cushion lay on the floor in front of one of the chairs, twin impressions clear where Wandress had knelt; a small, ragged doll remained on the chair before it. Gathering two cups from a shelf, she placed them on the table before getting the pot from the hearth, the lambskin cloth protecting her from the heat. "Please, have a seat, sir Hephastion, be at ease. I am She Who Wanders Close To The River," she said before she could stop herself. Many people had thought her Clan name strange, and preferred simpler ones. She did not look up as she poured the tea. "Wandress, if you prefer. You're from Paz? Then hardly a stranger at all to these parts. Honey, in your tea? "
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Nodding as she intoduces herself "Well met Wandress, an interestin name you have, no i'll have the tea as it is thank you"

Unhooking his cloak, he folds it placing it over the back of one of the seats, watching her as she moves around the room, he nods as he takes the mug, taking a small sip of the tea. Feeling the warmth of the fire on his skin he tries to get comfortable.

"As i said i havent been here for a few years, I dont think many will remember me." hoping that noone actually will remember him, his appearance hadnt changed since that day.

Setting the mug down he takes another look around at her home, wondering what she actually does.

"So what brought you to to Bravia, youve obviously been met with similar trepidation as I have"
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

She paused a moment as she bent to gether the cushion from the floor, considering his question carefully. Pulling the chair across the hearth towards her, she set the cushion and the doll on the mantle before taking her seat, cup cradled between her claws. The burning wood popped in the fireplace, sending a wave of sparks up the chimney. Arranging her divided skirts carefully, she blew on the delicate steam curling up from the cup. "Can you blame them?" she said quietly, examining her claws. Giving herself a shake, she brushed a purple curl from her cheek and gave Hephastion a slightly forced smile. "They're good people, but they've never seen anyone like me. How were they to know I wasn't going to eat them?" She gave a soft laugh, though there was no amusement in it. "I chanced upon Bravia, the first town I came upon, really, but I didn't want to travel any further. So what brings you to Bravia?"