The Mayor's Office...(?)

Moderator: Community Team

Auron

Re: The Mayor's Office...(?)

Post by Auron »

it appeared that whomever was in there previously had been siphoning goods out of the town hall and most likely lining their pockets
I still have a copy of the last financial report I presented to the Queen before her death, not too long before the dragon stormed Imperius. I can present this information... you keep insisting that I am releasing too much information about the finances of Imperius, so I thought I shouldn't, but I can.

I never lined my pockets. There have been severe problems with Imperius since I left office. In the opinion of some. I say that because I recognize that there are others who would surely be happy, and I respect that. We are not all, the same. But I am not here to insult Seavsen, to argue with him, or to challenge his position. I am here to defend claims against myself. There have been a very small few, two actually, who seem to think I financially benefitted from being Mayor. Thus I assume, you intend to tarnish my name. If you are meaning that the dragon flew away with the wealth of Imperius, than I must insist that you specify that claim.

If you think a worth of between 30,000 - 35,000 freznics, which as I have said, I can present an older report from my term to defend this claim, suggests that I had profited from serving the town, you are mistaken. I also challenge you to present any information or to bring forward the support of the Mentor, Morghain, in these claims. I speak entirely confidently when I say that the Mentor will not support what you have claimed. I believe she kept an eye on the financial dealings of the town during my service.

And for the record, there is no iron on the Imperius market. I do thank the Mayor however, for maintaining a supply of butcher knives.
Idra

Post by Idra »

Auron, I said whomever was in previously. That could have been Balerion or Datron or you. Did I specifically say you? No, I did not. I find it interesting that you believe my statement was about you. That you quickly jumped to the conclusion that I was talking about you. If you'd like, I will clarify. I WAS SPEAKING OF BALERION AND DATRON IN MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS. Is that clear enough for you? At some point in your meaningless life you will realize Auron, that the world does not revolve around you. That you are not the end all be all. But I doubt you'll be able to pull your head out from your own rear long enough to realize that.

You may not wish to tarnish Seavsen's name, but you have done your best to try and tarnish mine. You say that you are not there to insult, argue or challenge him. Yet you did so with me with every step I took. You claim you are here to defend yourself, defend yourself against what? The half quote you took from my previous statement did not say AURON. No, it said the people that were in post Finwe, pre me. We all know Balerion messed with the town hall. Now we all know Maria was siphoning funds from the VR, so how can we say that Datron was not doing the same. When I walked into the office I had nothing to go on. No reports from anyone. I had no idea what was supposed to be in the market and what wasn't. I showed Maria the list of items that were there along with the funds. Did she comment about it? No, she did not. And I can assure you, when I walked in, there was not 30,000 - 35,000 freznics worth of funds and items.

Funny how you got on me and tried your best to make me look bad when I was mayor. Funny how you thank Seavsen for getting the butcher knives on the market, but you don't thank me for getting him the knives to put on the market nor arranging a steady stream of them for him. You think he's doing a fine job, yet you never said one time that I was doing well.

Thank you Auron for brow beating me to the point that I am now walking away from Fenia. Congratulations. You win. Please enjoy your Orc free days. I am no longer General. I am no longer on council. I am going into retreat. Thank you Auron for ruining the game for yet another player. Be sure to pat yourself on the back.
Auron

Post by Auron »

Now we all know Maria was siphoning funds from the VR
O, how loyal you are to the Monarch who'se successor now rules these lands. You've said a lot of garbage which I would normally disprove, but if your end point is true and you have in fact resigned society, then I see little point. I am indeed, happy with that result. Goodbye.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

Idra you know well that I have been happy with your service in the General's role. I am not going to plead but if you will reconsider, the position is still yours.

Auron, I know both of us share a special duty and affection to the late HRH Maria, so please do not force me to air dirty laundry in the public eye. We can chat privately about a number of things if you like. Suffice to say, I have worked hard to pull things together in the aftermath of the events of July, and despite your purported dislike of Idra, she has been a great help and force in keeping our military upright and organized as General. She has served Fenia very well and regardless of her orcish temper you can believe that she has been very loyal and dutiful until this day, when she apparently has had enough badgering. I allowed you to keep your title of Lord because I do believe, to the dismay of some, that you were treated a bit severely during a situation some months ago, and you had served Maria loyally until then, earning from her the title she chose to bestow upon you. Idra is a noble of Fenia as well, for her reliable and quality service, and so let's all parties show each other more tact, and have this be the end of this argument.

Let's instead move forward focusing on something else, something that Finwe has rightly pointed out (nevermind his tone): we are having market issues in Imperius for which there is little reason they should be so persistent. I had a discussion this morning with LBH to find out whether there were similar issues in Fenia City and from what he has told me there are not, so we have a local issue to work out.

The local economy is where goods and wood are produced.
The town should have reserves of almost everything so there is never a true market shortage of essentials
The viceroyalty has great reserves of many things in case the towns need help or want to trade
The mayor conducts the town
The mayor should assess the town market and work to correct deficiencies
The FM conducts the VR inventory
The FM should check with mayors to both buy and sell
Both of them can cooperate via faire (or grants, but let's use the faire...)
In all of this, open and reliable communication is key

Somewhere along the line there is a breakdown. Let's all be honest about ourselves and instead of pointing a finger, decide that things are better if we work together and admit where there has been a mistake or a simple oversight, or even just hard luck getting a particular item. Whatever it is that's ailing the Imperius market, there is no reason we cannot make a plan to sort it out.

So let's talk. What's going on? Mayor, FM, citizens alike. What do you feel is missing from the Imperius market, and what are we going to do about it?
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

Maria, and now HRH Orakio, owns VR and towns treasury. Monarch can't "siphon" funds from anyhwhere, he owns it people. Auron your just another lier but your the lier I remember of and believe me, one day you will wake up in the middle of the night in your stolen bed and I will be masked figure with a knife on your throat.
Last edited by Athnal on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Oh yes, lets blame the dragon. That will solve everything.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Seavsen

Post by Seavsen »

First of all, this is utter manure. Auron, you have been a pestilence ever since you lost all the respect you had gained by your refusal to work with Idra. You do not fully and properly protect the Town Hall, which leads to this round of fighting. Once you took the initial steps needed, you failed to follow the protocol established and allow Idra to do her job. You then continued to harass and harangue her to this point. You failed, you refuse to admit it, and you insist on it being all her fault. Face it. Your comments since have done nothing except continue to bait and flame her and for some reason the mages and elders have done nothing to you. You must be very blessed. I will be honest, until Idra informed me of her decision, I had ignored you and your comments because of the bile and baseless lies and accusations against her. I see now that I was wrong to do so. You are a disgrace to Fenia for not your failure to protect the Town Hall as Mayor, but for your actions following that failure. No one is perfect, despite what some may think of themselves. I know that I cannot always be around to ensure everything on the market is there. I put more iron up earlier. I cannot help it if others got to it before Finwe. I can put more up later, but I am not going to leave huge amounts of Town Hall goods on the market haphazardly. That would be grossly irresponsible. Something you should take a lesson from. You and your continued vile assault on her has cost this land one of its most valuable citizens. Perhaps if YOU were to be removed from this place, then the world would be right again. You disgust me, you have insulted someone I hold in extremely high regard for the last time. I cannot force you out of town, but I'll be damned if I am going to support you or back you in any manner. I will not purchase your goods for the Town Hall, regardless if they are the cheapest or not. You, sir, are persona non grata as far as I am concerned. If His Majesty has an issue with that, then he can speak to me privately, but as far as I am concerned sir. I wish you well, FAR AWAY!

(OOC: If you are really going to be that much of an ass to say good riddance to another player despite issues between characters, you are lower than dirt and I am truly disgusted by you.)
Ruza

Post by Ruza »

~Locked pending review~
Scarlette

Iron

Post by Scarlette »

I just want to say on Seav's behalf that I personally send him a message ((IG)) when I need iron and it is usually placed on the market quite quickly with a return message to let me know. Seems more efficient than whining on the forum.

Scarlette

Merged with the Mayors thread. Still locked for review. Please do not open any more topics that relate to the issue/s at hand, or it will be considered spamming. -Ruza