[ORP] What about a town map?

Moderator: Community Team

Do we want or need a map?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes, definitely.
80%
No, it takes away from the creativity of our RP.
No votes
I don't care either way.
20%

Total votes: 5

Peronell

[ORP] What about a town map?

Post by Peronell »

Peronell had been hanging around in one of the less savory parts of the Viceroy Announcements: Man I Wish that graphic... and it occurred to her that it would be easier to curs... umm ... converse with her fellow townsfolk if she knew where they lived.

She draws out a very rough sketch and presents it to the rest of the citizens.

And poses some questions.

• If we vote to have a map:
    1. What should be included?
    2. Which map style do you prefer, one with houses or one with boxes (examples of both are on the rough draft)?

I could see us each being able to choose our own home that could be added to the map if we wanted to. But, what do you think?
balerion

Re: [ORP] What about a town map?

Post by balerion »

It needs more warehouses.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Hodierne

Post by Hodierne »

I've been thinking about it. Maps are good.

1. The church, the market, a public park of some kind, the beach, the pet market and arena, the pet cemetery :( , training ground, town hall.. can't think of anything else right off.. maybe a warehouse for the dragon, a really big warehouse.

2. A combination of both, since most people's houses are a bit unique to their species, numbered boxes would be good for that. And pictures would work for public places, like the church, market, town hall, pet market, etc
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

Peronell, Hodierne, if you accept the task I hereby place you both in charge of the Paz town map Commission, accepting will gain you both places on the town council (so I can keep an eye on the both of you >_>) and the esteem and regard of all Pazians (whether voluntary or not)

Also, a town map has been on my to do list for awhile so thank you for bringing this up.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Peronell nods in agreement with Hodierne,

I like your ideas. I will start working on making additions today.

Her eyebrow raises when the mayor looks over the map and mentions "town council" and "keep an eye on".

And if I only accept so that I can keep an eye on you?

There is a wickedness in her smile that she doesn't bother to conceal.

You might live to regret this Gideon; but I accept.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Dear neighbours!

Aida pointed this old but good map of Your town at the library.

I am impressed of job done, and would like to propose to make interactive version of it.

(take a look please)

It could be done in one of two ways:

1. If You have a person, willing to use machine (and able to read tutorial), she/he could contact me and start the "real-estate" thread (or continue this one), like Aida is doing at Fenia (and me at Bravia).

2. Or I can became Your temporary cartographer, till the moment when somebody was able to overtake it from me?

The image, made by Peronell is absolutely suitable for interactive map, but if anybody wish and is able to make another one, it would be great too.

Best wishes from Bravia town
Ramzunius
nortad

Post by nortad »

It will need road names for sure. For instance my house is at 1 main st in Paz.