A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Moderator: Community Team

Willow

A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Post by Willow »

A gypsy, named Willow arrived in the city of Paz.

She walked around the streets and decided to spend sometime in this new city.

Willow made camp by the lake, she collected firewood and set up her tent and when she felt hungry, she got out her fishing pole and began to fish for her dinner.

As she fished, she thought of the adventures that she has had so far while travelling and wondered what new experiences she will find here?

Her loyal dog, lay on the ground beside her.

Not long after she started fishing, she got a bite and pulled in a fish. Willow then lit her fire and placed the fish into a pan to cook.

It was lovely camping by the lake and she was enjoying her meal.
Finwe

Re: A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Post by Finwe »

Finwe had spent the afternoon hunting in the woods outside of Paz. He had grown up in the woods and felt more comfortable there instead of the in the rapidly growing town. He looked down at his hand, which was holding a rabbit. There was always a twinge of guilt inside of him when he had to slay an animal. Night was quickly creeping up on him before he realized it. He headed towards the lake to follow the shore back to town.

Lost in his thoughts as he treaded along the lake and looking at the sunset he smells cooking fish in the air. Up ahead he sees a small camp set up and a woman sitting by a fire. Hesitating whether or not to go up to her or circle around the camp, he stands on the edge of the clearing for a bit. He had never been particularly good at dealing with people . . . especially strangers. Finally, though, he decides to approach the fire.

Walking up cautiously and not knowing if the woman has noticed him yet he awkwardly says . . . Um, excuse me, I saw your fire from the edge of the woods. My name is Finwe, I don't believe I know you from around town. Finwe looks at himself quickly and realizes he's holding a dead rabbit and wearing dirty clothing from a long day of hunting. I must look like a savage, he thinks to himself. If you wouldn't mind, could I use your fire to cook my meal for the night, he says as he holds up the rabbit . . . I hope I'm not intruding.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow was enjoying her meal while watching the sunset, when suddenly her dog, Max jump up and start growling at something.

She turned to see what Max was looking at and saw a man standing holding a dead rabbit.
Um, excuse me, I saw your fire from the edge of the woods. My name is Finwe, I don't believe I know you from around town.
Willow turned back to Max, shhh its alright, good boy. After Max had quieten, she turned back and said to him, I have only just arrived here in Paz, Finwe is it, my name is Willow and this is Max (giving her big german shepherd a hug).
If you wouldn't mind, could I use your fire to cook my meal for the night
Yes, you can use the fire. I have cooked my dinner and I'm just using it for warmth. I see you did well with your hunt, is there good hunting in these parts?

Oh and your not intruding, I was just watching the beautiful sunset with Max.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

He looks down at the big German Shepherd growling at him. It doesn't help ease his tensions. Hunting is good though, the woods are young and they haven't been disrupted too much by the town yet.

He sits down around the fire and starts skinning the rabbit. I'm glad I'm not intruding, it's always good to meet new people in the area, I'm pretty new as well. Finwe takes a moment to relax and look at the setting sun . . . It is beautiful, he says out loud without noticing. He keeps looking into the distance until he realizes is mind is drifting again. Never could keep my thoughts straight, he laughs to himself. He wasn't very good at conversation but he was interested in new people. So tell me Willow, what brought you to Paz and how do you like it so far? he asks as he begins to cook his food.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow watches and listens to Finwe with a smile.

She gives Max a pat and he settles down with his head lying on her lap.
So tell me Willow, what brought you to Paz and how do you like it so far?
I'm a gypsy and Max and I have only just arrived, so we haven't actually had a good look around the city of Paz. In fact, you are the first person I have talked to. I lost my companions in a storm and since then Max and I have been travelling alone until we arrived here.

So how are you finding Paz, since you are new too?
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Paz is alright. He says, not very convincingly. It was all woods until a few months ago. I liked it better then. I still prefer to spend most of my time in the surrounding woods. I only recently got a small home in town, where I sell game to the townsfolk.He takes the rabbit meat from the fire and starts eating as he ponders her tale about lost companions. The magic in the land has been a bit unstable with all the recent changes, perhaps that caused the storm. Are you planning on going to look for them?

Finwe had warmed up to Max and threw him a piece of the rabbit meat. So . . . a gypsy, I can respect being a wanderer. However, I've always preferred things more permanent, the woods, the lakes . . . I've been in this area since I was born. He finished up eating and leaned back on his arms. Feeling that he has time for a little more conversation before he gets back to town he asks, Why are you staying out by the lake instead of at the inn in town?
Willow

Post by Willow »

Finwe had warmed up to Max and threw him a piece of the rabbit meat.
Willow smiled when Finwe threw Max a piece of meat - she watched him munched it up. And then turned back at Finwe still smiling :D and said Max says thank you. Max looked up when he heard his name and said Woof.
Why are you staying out by the lake instead of at the inn in town?
I haven't had a look around town yet, so I haven't found the inn but would they let Max inside? I suppose I could always ask. she said. It was just so beautiful here by the lake and so I decided to make a camp here for a bit. And later maybe go for a walk to check out the place.
Are you planning on going to look for them?
I have been a gypsy all my life, but recently I have been wondering if I should settle down somewhere and my companions (the ones I lost) aren't interested in settling down at all. So I thought I might try it and see what its like to stay put for a change and it would be nice to make friends rather than ...... not having any since you are always travelling. My companions weren't my family you see, they were just people that took care of me when I was young but lately we haven't been getting on and I was getting sick of the way they were treating me. So Max and I decided to head off on our own when we got separated. I guess it was actually a blessing in disguise.

But I do prefer a place that has wilderness :lol: I guess I'm not really a city girl.

Willow blushed realising what she had told Finwe :oops: she didn't know why she told her story to this man, he just seemed so nice and it was nice to talk to someone that actually wanted to talk to her. Sorry for saying all that giving him a shy smile :)
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe smiles at the dog's reaction. He relaxes as he listens to Willow's story. I'm sure they'd let Max stay he says as he reaches over and pets him. Paz is a good a place as any to settle down. I've lived a bit of a secluded life myself in the woods so I know the feeling of not having many real friends. And yes, he says half laughing, it was a blessing in disguise.

Noticing that Willow is blushing he says with a smile. Don't apologize, I've actually told you more then I've told most people in town. Finwe was also feeling strangely comfortable speaking with this new arrival. He didn't want to leave, but had to make it back to Paz before it got too late. I've enjoyed being out here with you :D, if you're staying out here for a while, would it be okay if I came back tomorrow? Maybe I can show you some of the woods if you'd be interested . . . he hesitated feeling a little lame that he was asking someone to walk around woods with him, but he did want to get to know her better. Also if you're in town stop by my place or the tavern.
Willow

Post by Willow »

I'm sure they'd let Max stay he says as he reaches over and pets him.
Finwe gives Max (dog) a pat on his head and he puts out his tongue and pants in pleasure.

Willow smiles at Finwe, it was nice to talk to someone again and she felt comfortable talking to him too.
Maybe I can show you some of the woods if you'd be interested
Max and I would love that. I will be definitely be here tonight and tomorrow I might go into town and have a look around, I do need to get some food and sell my fish in the market. But besides that I will be here. :)

I haven't found the tavern yet, but I will look for it and maybe I will see you there too.
Willow

Post by Willow »

After Finwe had left, Willow lay down and slept. Max lay beside her sleeping too but always listening for any noises.

The next morning, both woke up and decided to go for a walk around town and get some supplies for breakfast from the market. Willow also took her fish to sell too. Paz was a lovely little town and she found some interesting shops to look at later.

After selling her fish and purchasing some breakfast, Max and Willow headed back to the lake and settled down for a meal.
would it be okay if I came back tomorrow? Maybe I can show you some of the woods if you'd be interested .
Willow wasn't sure what time Finwe had meant when he said he could come back to show them the woods. So she hoped that she didn't miss him. She heated some bread to make toast and then made some sandwiches for lunch and she hoped that he would like them. Max had a bowl of doggie treats and he was munching these while she made the lunches.